Creases

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Isn’t this our dinner last night?” Chaeyoung stated as she stared at the bowl of ramen. “Isn’t this your third crashing in our dinner?” Tzuyu shot back to the complaining cub, “You don’t get to complain.” “In short, I am still broke and this is what Tzuyu can only afford to feed us,” Dahyun cooed, soothingly rubbing the tall girl by the shoulder as her compliment. The school meal club, Dahyun named their circle of freshmen, rounded the table as they ate their dinner with the cub as their little companion for the night. “We’ll be eating water for the next days if Dahyun’s allowance will not be sent by next week,” the Taiwanese girl sighed. “I’m really sorry, Tzu. It’s just that our dates come off really expensive,” the tofu replied while playing the noodles in her bowl.

 

Chaeyoung pointed her pair of chopsticks to the problematic girl, “Sana wasn’t particularly expecting any expensive dates, you idiot. Even Sana is stopping you from those fancy dates, you show off.” Tzuyu followed through the action of the shortest girl and pointed her chopsticks too, “And don’t you dare cringingly explain how much you love her because honestly you’re just really bad at budgeting your allowance with or without Sana as your girlfriend,” she said sternly. The tall beauty had been feeding the two since the cub was also broke due to her newly stacked art supplies and because of the eagle’s bad budgeting with her allowance. Dahyun couldn’t argue with the two, so she just kept quiet and sulkily focused back her attention to their dinner. This is one the greatest and rarest moments how the very energetic girl can shut up. The conversation swiftly died down and the three continued to eat their ramen servings.

 

“You always head straight in our room, Chaeyoungie. Is Jeongyeon unnie still missing in your dorm?” Tzuyu asked the quietly eating cub. “Yeah, she’s just really busy I guess,” Chaeyoung said, masking her lone feeling from the two. “It’s been like three weeks since the exams, right?” Dahyun asked as she looked up at the troubled tiger cub. The art student just nodded to her two friends.

 

For the past weeks, Chaeyoung seek refuge with the two since Jeongyeon was always excusing herself due to piled college works and papers and since she can’t technically and forcibly have fun with clubs because that required allowance which she didn’t have at the moment. She sighed but still thankful for the two’s company because somehow it salvaged her from her boredom. The same boredom that she wrongly predicted to stop once their hell week was over. “Don’t you have any arts to do? Just so if we bore you?” Dahyun interrupted the cub in her little self-thought. Chaeyoung shook her head, “I don’t. Park Jinyoung was in sick leave because of his serious diarrhoea.”

 

“Okay, let’s drop that gross topic because we’re having dinner,” Tzuyu grimaced at the said information. Dahyun nodded as she loudly slurped her noodles and this caught the tall puppy's attention to curve the conversation about the white eagle. “Aren’t you and Sana going for another broke date? Where you tag one of your friends who will willingly join you two as your third wheel?” she asked the eldest. “Tzuyu, I told you to not say that in front of Chaeyoung,” Dahyun glared at her. “Why? I can come with you two. I am willing to help,” Chaeyoung glanced at her friend with noodles in between and a visible frown. “No,” the eagle said as she frowned too, “I’ve already set to bring you, Tzuyu.” “What?” Tzuyu couldn’t help but to frown along with the two members, “No way, Kim.” Their dinner was officially messed but had greatly diverted the attention of the cub from her troubles.

 

“Why?” Dahyun spat, challenging the girl.

 

Tzuyu rubbed her chin which she once declared as one of her beauty marks, “How can I even put this lightly?” she mused to herself. The two other members of the club intently looked and listened to the tallest girl. “Your girlfriend is really suffocating,” the puppy nodded to her words. “How is that lightly describing her?” Chaeyoung laughed at her striking savageness. She focused back to her food and further disagreed, “So, that’s a big no for me.” The cub fist pumped the air and looked at the eagle, “Just bring me with you, Dahyun.”

 

“No,” the eagle replied, “The last time I brought you with our broke date, I ended up being the third wheel. Sana literally flirted with you in our whole date.” Tzuyu laughed and mumbled the word snake. “That’s on her but you know that’s just one of the constant force of Sana. She’ll flirt with any breathing girl in her vicinity,” Chaeyoung informed, “But on the good side, she loves you the most,” she ended her statement with a beam of dimpled smile. Dahyun smiled at her too, but it didn’t last long, “Nice try, but still a no for me.” The cub hit the table with her left hand, “Oh, come on. I had to say that cringe line for that." Dahyun rolled her eyes while Tzuyu was amused with the outcome of her initiated conversation. “Besides, I’m sure Sana has friends that she can convince to come with us,” the eagle smugly answered the cub.

 

Chaeyoung just scoffed and focused with eating again. The three finished their bowls and played the game of rock, paper, scissors to determine who will be in charge of the dirty dishes. After a single run of the game, with the result of two scissors and a paper, Tzuyu was called as the dishwasher for the night. “Great, have fun in the sink, Tzuyu,” Dahyun spat just to annoy the tall girl. The puppy clicked her tongue in annoyance before she gathered the dishes and walked towards the room’s sink. The eagle held the cub by the shoulders and pushed her to the their couch in front of their television.

 

The two idly sat as the cub picked a channel they can watch. “I heard you took my advice to take an art partner?” Dahyun asked as she poked the other girl on her left side. “I did and surprisingly it worked,” Chaeyoung laid on the couch and rested her feet on the seated girl. “Kim Dahyun’s greatness strikes again!” the eagle exclaimed, “Who is she?” she mused. “No one,” the small girl focused on their chosen drama. Chaeyoung hadn’t met Mina for the past days since her professor hadn’t laid some projects for them caused by his absence. Dahyun shoved the cub's feet off of her lap. “Hey!” Chaeyoung sat upright. “You haven’t thanked me for it, at least let me know about your art partner!” the eagle knitted her brows in defiance. “I was openly offering to be your third wheel as my gratitude but you disagreed!” the cub threw a cushion on the other’s direction, "I don’t want you to scare her!" It hit the eagle by the face and held the cushion when it fell in her possession. “I feel more of a third wheel with you! Tzuyu! Do you know about her?!” Dahyun shouted at the busy girl. “Yes, I do!” Tzuyu shouted back her reply, “But I’m not telling you because Chaeyoung doesn’t want you to know and because you annoyed me.”

 

“This is treason to the club!” Dahyun said as she aggressively threw the cushion back, “How come Tzuyu knew her?!”

 

“Because she met her in the cafeteria!” the cushion flew back at the eagle.

 

“Yoda! Tell me!” Dahyun fumingly said.

 

“No! You stupid tofu!” Tzuyu managed to shout back as she busied herself with washing the dishes.

 

“Chaeyoung!” she threw the cushion for one last time and toppled the small cub.

 

“No!” the cub braced herself with the sudden attack from the eldest.

 

“Tell me!” the eagle pried as if wrestling the girl will result with the wanted information.

 

“You won’t let me in with your broke date so no way!” the cub kept on her words as she shoved the eagle’s face away from her.

 

The supposed mature college students spent the rest of the night prying each other’s words with a touch of shoving and wrestling one another. Master Yoda teamed up with the mighty tiger cub in opposing the emperor eagle. After their not so peaceful and quite bloody banters with one another, Chaeyoung left the room since she received a text that her own roommate was finally home. Just like the other dinner crashing of the cub, she would excuse herself to the other club members and would head back to their den when her silver haired best friend was back from whatever kept her away from their dorm room.

 

-------

 

“Mina unnie, you pay for this luxurious place but you don’t get to use the elevator?” Dahyun asked as she heaved. Mina along with Dahyun, Sana, and Momo were heading to the eighth floor of the building using the actual stairs. They were currently at the fourth floor. “This is hell! I swear this is hell!” Momo complained despite being a regular in the nearest gym to the campus and sprouting abs when wearing crop tops. “I asked you and Sana to tell whatever business you two are into but you still insisted to come home with me,” Mina calmly stated, “The elevators have troubles, something about its system, so it’s under maintenance.”

 

“How much longer?” Momo whined for the seventh time ever since they stepped on the stairs. “Four more floors to go, fighting!” Sana exclaimed with visible tiredness in her voice. The rest of their tiring journey was spent with Momo's groans. “On the good side, it is less tiring when you're going down the stairs,” the penguin stated, trying to lift their spirits, but was only answered by groans from her friends.

 

When Mina was busy unlocking her front door, Momo was sitting with her back on the wall of the hallway; Dahyun's face was against the wall to cool it; and Sana was hugging the midsection of the eagle. “Come on, you three,” the penguin called her soulless friends as she entered the unit. The three flopped down on her couch with Sana wiping Dahyun's sweaty forehead. The penguin left her friends to take a towel for Momo who was also profusely sweating. Once she had gone to her elegant bathroom, she handed the said towel to the girl and took her phone from her purse. “What do you guys want for dinner?” she eyed the three, “I’m going to feed you three before you leave. All of you maybe too tired to go back down,” she said. “Gopchang!” Momo suggested with newly found energy from Mina’s question.

 

Dahyun looked at the Japanese trio before she fished out her own phone, “I’m good with that. I’ll text my roommate to eat without me,” she informed then proceeded to quietly type her message. Mina on the other hand, took out a pitcher of water and three glasses. and placed it on a tray. She took a can of soda for Momo because the girl is disgusting and despises the idea of drinking water. She placed the tray in front of her friends and called the number that will be responsible for their early dinner. She ended the call and sat in between Momo and Sana, “It will be delivered in twenty minutes.” The raccoon linked her arms around the penguin’s, “You’re a literal angel, Minari,” she said. The penguin sweetly smiled at her friend before she faced the romantic couple who was already in the middle of cuddling. “So, what is this business you are trying to get me into?” she asked the two.

 

“We are really out of person to ask to join us in our broke date,” Sana faced the youngest Japanese. “It’s tomorrow and you’re the only person left we can ask about it,” Dahyun finished her girlfriend’s statement. “What exactly is this broke date?” Mina raised a single eyebrow with her question. “Well, technically they will go on a date and you’ll be their third wheel,” Momo answered while drying her face from her sweat, “You will also help with paying for this two since they are too broke for an independent date.”

 

The penguin shook her head, still quite unclear with the mechanics of this couple's broke date. “You know these discounts in amusement parks? Where you’ll be able to enjoy it with more people and will be cheaper if divided with three,” Dahyun started her explanation, “That. That was what we are intending because Sana and I, mostly me to be honest, are too broke for this month.” She frowned after her statement to manipulate the penguin’s decision. “In short, a financial aid for your date?” Mina chuckled to her friends' desperate measures. “We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter