Umbrella

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No Jeong Bro:
We'll be late again for dinner still in study group. Eat without me xoxo

 

Chaeyoung stared with boredom at the message on her phone after she had woken up from her nap on the top of her study table. Examination week was just around the corner and her roommate was in the bunny's nest to prepare and study for the upcoming hell week. It was the third time this week of the silver haired girl's crashings in Nayeon's place. She rubbed the sleep off of her eyes and replied to her best friend's text.

 

To: No Jeong Bro
Okay

 

Frankly, the tiger cub was tremendously subjected to boredom that she actually did study for her own upcoming exams. She wasn't the type to study over some test papers and more of a student who relied on what she basically knew over the subject matter. Everyone was studying and the excessive boredom was eating her. For heaven's sake, even Kim Dahyun was studying in their room. Of course, Tzuyu, preparing for the exam was given. She was bored and hungry, what else could go wrong with her night. It might sound ridiculous, but the last time she had fun was when Mina paid a sick visit to her and that was three days ago. Fact, Jeongyeon had been neglecting the cub for three days straight.

 

She got up from her seat and headed to her closet, taking a coat to shield herself from the cold weather because she was not in the mood to cook herself some dinner. The cub slammed her door shut and took the keys of their place. It wasn’t like she was mad at her best friend. It was just that she was really bored and she can’t seem to be able to reach for her friends. She sighed, knowing after all the stress brought by next week passed, everything will be back to normal. After securing their dorm, Chaeyoung frustratingly moved her feet. She looked up and stared for a moment at the dark and starless night sky. Even the sky is agreeing with my feelings, the cub thought to herself.

 

I am so bored and so hungry, she thought as she aimlessly walked to a place where she could eat a deer or an antelope. The wind was extra cold for tonight, so she forcefully tucked her hands in the pockets of her coat and walked. Needless to say, the cub decided to take a long road and no assistance from a cab just to keep herself preoccupied at the moment. Boredom is really a scary thing, the cub laughed to herself. She idly walked until she reached her destination.

 

She arrived at one of the restaurant places that was far enough for the students to not bat an eye at it and not associate themselves into. Great foods but it literally took thirty minutes of walking for the cub. She entered the place, completely forgotten about the cold because of the long walk. As expected, the place didn’t have much of customers for the night — just a few middle aged and in early adult people. Chaeyoung picked a table for a small number and then a waitress quickly attended her for her order.

 

“Your order, please,” the waitress politely asked the small girl. “A deer or probably an antelope,” the cub jokingly said. The waitress gave her a confused expression and looked around her surroundings before she spoke again, “I’m sorry. Excuse me?” When you’re bored, you do stupid yet amusing stuffs, she mused to herself. “Large tteokbokki bowl and gimbap,” she said, finally giving a regular and normal order for the waitress. She watched the spared waitress wrote down her orders, “What would be your drink for that?” Chaeyoung smiled and politely answered back, “Water is fine.” She watched the waitress vanished behind their back door and then lazily waited for her order.

 

Chaeyoung spared a glance to her phone, 8:37 pm, no messages whatsoever. She sighed, giving up to the idea of something miraculously fun to happen for the night. To be honest, the cub could spend all night in a club or some stranger’s place, but clubbing was no fun when stress week was just around the corner and because lately she hadn’t been feeling to be active in someone's bed. She sniffed the place before she stretched her arms over her head. Ten minutes of painful waiting and the waitress was back with her ordered dinner. The cub thanked the service whole-heartedly and started with eating — alone in this deserted restaurant of a place. I should really stop this dramatic act, she rolled her eyes and took her phone again. She scrolled down until Jeongyeon’s contact number was displayed at the center of her phone screen. She tapped it once and typed her message to the silver haired girl.

 

To: No Jeong Bro
You ing owe me three dinners.

 

She took her first bite and then she heard a sound from her phone. It was a reply from Jeongyeon.

 

No Jeong Bro:
What are you talking about? I ing cook in the dorm.

 

The cub just smiled and focused herself back to her food. Another reason why she chose this deserted place was because she can freely shove food in and not one soul will even spare a glance over it. She took alternating bites from her tteokbokki and gimbap, completely savoring the beautiful taste of its spiciness and its rich flavor. As she ate, she scroll through her social media account from time to time. She sighed as she skipped a straight three pictures posted seven minutes ago by Nayeon on her timeline. The cub softly growled at the idea of study group by her older friends. Chaeyoung took a large portion from her bowl and then decided to send her friends some lonely dinner selfie, but she was interrupted by a stranger who pulled the seat opposite to her. “Son Chaeyoung,” the girl smiled as she sat, facing the cub.

 

She stopped what she was doing, from tapping her camera icon to chewing the food in , and looked at the unknown girl. The girl has a straight black hair that slightly curled at its end and slanted sharp eyes. She was wearing a choker, a black leather jacket and under it was a white crop top — in this cold weather — and possibly black jeans. The cub wasn’t just sure since the girl was already seated. Chaeyoung admitted that the girl has an alluring voice. She looked the girl in the eyes with puffy cheeks and opened , only to close it again because she got nothing on the girl. 

 

The black haired girl let out a laugh, “That’s cute,” she pointed out to the cub, “But you don’t remember me, do you?” Chaeyoung chewed her food and gave an honest answer, “Sorry, I don’t,” she offered a smile. The girl nodded her head in understanding, “Yeah, we had like two weeks ago.” 

 

Chaeyoung watched the little smirk on her face. Thing was, tiger cub doesn’t want anything related to her previous night outs with strangers since she was way too loyal to her code in bed of one at a time, so she instantly dropped her willingness to entertain this girl. She usually remembers their faces, but this girl, “Sorry, doesn’t ring anything.” Despite the directed cold action, the girl just smiled back at her and took something on her purse. She watched the girl pulled a black pen and wrote something on the provided napkin on her table. “No worries, I could fix that,” the girl replied as she wrote. After she was done writing, she handed it to the girl of her interest, which in fact was abruptly crumpled when the tiger’s fingers touched the piece of paper. It was probably her name and contact number for all Chaeyoung cares.

 

The girl playfully squinted her eyes, “Well, that was rude,” she said, amusement visible in her pretty face. Chaeyoung returned the playfulness and answered, “What’s rude is invading someone’s dinner.” “True but what if I offer something better to this dinner?” the girl replied, "Dinner on bed maybe?" Chaeyoung bit her lower lip and smiled, “Look, I don’t do people twice.” The tension in the diner was really building up and the unknown girl was good at heating things up. “Then let’s not just do it twice, tiger,” the girl said and then lusciously winked at her.

 

The cub chuckled and ran her hand through her hair because she was losing her patience over this girl and since something else had gone wrong for her night. She just wanted to enjoy her dinner in peace, “I’m an untamed tiger and I don’t play again with my preys to try every one of you,” she equally winked and said with venom in her words. “Well, I think it’s time to put a collar around your neck then,” the girl said, looking down and gliding her forefinger upward on Chaeyoung's throat.

 

Ah, Chaeyoung leaned on her seat as she remembered who was the girl. She was an upperclassman in the engineering department. Met her almost two weeks ago in a bar at a super late hour, quite a beauty and was interested to her so they hooked up. Never knew that she was a student in the university. No wonder she looked quite familiar and why she couldn’t remember her name. “I will be honest with you Son Chaeyoung, after your performance last semester every upperclassmen’s eyes are already and still focused on you and tasting you from last two weeks was something else entirely,” the girl explained, this time with sincerity in her voice.

 

Last semester, Chaeyoung was quite the talk as the charismatic small cub on the outside but the aggressive tiger on bed. It was really a big deal guaranteed that she was a freshman art student and already making a name for herself. After all, art majors weren’t the coolest students in every university. They were viewed as soft and gentle, and probably will bring their partners in a candlelit hipster dinner. A description really far from the wild tiger named Son Chaeyoung. A time she wished she could rewind and done things in some other way which excluded preying and s with upper students because no one can tell if feelings were attached during the process. The rose of her name last semester resulted to multiple upperclassmen who tried and failed to pursue her. She just grew tired of the cycle of people practically throwing their selves into her under certain viable or disgusting reasons, so she turned down every one of them — even up to this day — just to keep her safe and be sure. I am not a tiger to be hunted down as a trophy, she bitterly thought her tiring experience. “I am not into meaningless relationship right now, but I’ll hit you up if I ever did,” she sarcastically said.

 

The girl chuckled, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hit a nerve,” she apologized but the cub only defiantly stared at her, “God, I am so bad this.” She cleared and explained, “I just thought you needed someone since I heard your co-art student friend was dating that Japanese, Minatozaki Sana,” she said finally dropping the tension. “And I thought you'd like your girls tough,” the unknown girl offered a genuine apologizing smile. “Sorry, I lost my cool back there,” Chaeyoung said as she shook her head. “I really like you though,” the girl winked again for the second time and the cub just shook her head in disbelief. “I thought maybe you were pressured with dating since Dahyun was already in a relationship,” the black haired girl spoke again. “I’m not,” Chaeyoung watched the girl looked at her eyes as if observing her, “How did you even know all of this anyway?”

 

“You search the person you like, tiger,” the girl sighed then chuckled, “But a heart shaker like yourself wouldn’t need it. Okay, I get it.” The tiger cub just laughed, badly wanting the conversation to be dropped. “I should better go since it was a hard pass from you,” the girl cutely smiled at her and Chaeyoung just nodded at her statement. The girl stood up — she was really wearing a pair of black jeans — and leaned forward, and kissed the smaller girl. The cub just scoffed, but nonetheless smiled at the displayed action. “You’re a really good kisser,” the girl smirked before she exited the place.

 

Once the girl was out, Chaeyoung quickly drank her water to wash the kiss of the unknown girl. She dejectedly resumed her d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter