Unsettling Feelings

Adagio

Hyomin’s pov


“You two are getting along very well” Eunjung stated as we both leaving In Jung’s house that evening. The outside surrounding is almost dark now.


In Jung is so into the camera on our whole visit, she is just focusing on clicking it. I personally think she learn too fast as 5 years old kid. When I was her age, I am nothing like that.


“I guess so. So, are you going to go back to hospital?” I asked, in case she want to accompany her sister.


“Yea but not yet” Eunjung responded. “About what happened earlier, I’m not going to apologized” Eunjung suddenly bring up the incident that I try hard to forget makes my heart beating weirdly once again. The way I see it, Eunjung is messing with my emotions. I was fine with it, now how to act normal again?


I didn’t say anything. What is there for me to say?


Eunjung sit on her motorbike, didn’t show sign of wanting to leave right away.


“I hate unsettling feelings” She then said. I guess she is leading me on to a conversation. “You gave me those” She added.


“What do you mean?” I raised my brows, can’t quite get what she want to tell me there.


“I kept thinking about what am I going to do about you?” Eunjung paused for a while, fixing her gaze on me. “Or without you?”


Eunjung’s voice rang on my ears, deafening me from any other sounds. Today alone, she shakes my heart couple of times like no one ever did. I am feeling a very weird mixed of emotions because of that.


I like what she said there. I am confuse too. Nervous, a bit sad which I don’t know why and above all, I start to anticipate what she going to say next.


“I am constantly worried about you, it’s driving me crazy. How can I not?” Eunjung fixed her gaze on me once again. “Every time I saw you, you gave me additional reason for it”


“I am sorry” I don’t know what else to say.


“No. That is not what I want to hear from you” Eunjung jump from her motorbike seat and walk closer to me. Again, everything inside me went crazy as she get closer.


Butterflies are flying inside my stomach. My hearts with the crazy beats. Oxytocin and adrenaline both raging inside. Everything is out of control.


“I hate beating around the bush” Eunjung said, pulling me closer.


“You hate everything” I am struggling to find a good thing to say and that’s the best I can think of.


“I like you” She finally said. “I have good feelings for you”


I close my eyes, feeling weak on my knees. I think this is the bravest and the most sudden confession that I ever faced. I just stand there, losing words to say.


“Miss, please respond. I hate waiting” Eunjung tilt her head, wearing frustrated looks, sensing that I am not going to respond to her.


“You smell nice” I finally said, putting my face closer to her shoulder, attempting to hide there. “By the way, my name is Hyomin”


“Don’t make it hard. If you want me to stop, then say it now. I can take it” Eunjung back away a few steps.


“What to do?” I close my face with both of my palms. I don’t know what to say.


“Go back on your own!” Eunjung stomped grumpily to her motorbikes but before she even move far, I quickly hug her from her back. I don’t want to regret anything.


“I am not good with words” I said. “I show my feelings with action”


Eunjung didn’t quickly respond but then she said “Like crying?” Eunjung chuckles at the end of her words.


I hit her back, loosening the hug and grab the helmet.


“You still need to do that later” She then said.


“Do what?” I furrow my brows looking at her.


“Back hugging me” She responded, grabbing her helmet too. “Or else, you will fly away”


“I know and it’s not like I don’t want to” I rolled my eyes.


I am still not fine. I am trying hard to sound like I am fine.


I guess someone like me needs someone like Eunjung. Someone that is aggressive enough because if we wait for me to start it, then it will take forever.


We both then bid goodbye at the hospital and separate our way from there.


So I am a booked person now. I smile thinking about finally I break my single status shell after so long. We are not yet in a relationship, since Eunjung said she need to settle something first before we take into the next step. I don’t mind that. I don’t want to rush anything too.


It was when I sat on my car, I realized something as I unlock my phone.


Jiyeon.


What am I going to do about Jiyeon?


...


Author’s pov


“I won’t taking your advice” Jiyeon stated as she enter In Na’s hotel room. In Na was sit facing her laptop with glasses on.


“What advice?” In Na asked, not really looking at Jiyeon as she is busy typing on her laptop.


“The song. It doesn’t fit my situation” Jiyeon lie down on the bed and close her eyes.


“Whatever then” In Na responded, sound uninterested but then she added “Keep that attitude, so you can joined my club”


“What club?” Jiyeon ask, peeking at In Na from the tip of her eyes.


“Spinster club. You can sign membership right away if you want”


“Eyy I’m still young” Jiyeon throw a pillow to In Na, landing on her back.


In Na glares at Jiyeon. “You are indecisive. You will ended up like me”


Jiyeon keep shut for a moments before she said “I don’t want to ended up like you”


“Then do something” In Na stop doing her work and face Jiyeon.


Jiyeon sigh. “I keep feeling like something is not right today. I am going back to my room”


“Yes, you should” In Na said, goes back doing her work. “Please leave. You are distracting me”


“You are one cruel woman” Jiyeon said before leaving In Na’s room.


...


Hyomin’s pov


I think hard on how to reply to Jiyeon’s text as I am resting on my bed that night. Jiyeon was asking what am I doing at least ten hours ago.


Go back fast. I will tell you face to face later.


I finally send that.


I should tell her, right?


I will tell her.


I only have her after all.


I suddenly feels like I need to find Jeon Boram halmeoni again to have a talk.