Chapter 6

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok woke the next morning with a groan, flailing his hand around to reach for his phone. He checked it for any new messages as he heard Minhyuk whimpering in the next room and Joshua's soft words of comfort. He let out a sigh as he forced himself to get up.

He heard footsteps before hearing someone ask if everything was alright. There was a muffled response as Hoseok grabbed his phone before leaving the room. He bumped into who he presumed were the two youngest as they ran into the kitchen. Hyunjin stepped out of the room next to his, scratching the back of his head. "Morning," he said. "Morning," said Hoseok as he made his way into the kitchen.

"Oh! Joshua-hyung was right then, you came in late last night," said Ryeowook, who was already starting on coffee. "Yeah," said Hoseok. "Minghao! DK! Can you get started on breakfast?" Ryeowook called. Minghao and DK run into the kitchen to get started on breakfast. "Have some coffee," said Ryeowook as he pointed to the coffee machine. Hoseok went to get his coffee before going to sit at the kitchen island, sipping it.

"Did Siwon get called out to Italy?" Asked Joshua as he came into the kitchen. "Yeah, early this morning," said Ryeowook. "Do you know who else got sent?" Asked Hoseok. "Well, we had Taeyong come through with his team, I think they went with Siwon," said Joshua. "Wonwoo was called into Italy with Dowoon, and I think that's all the American teams," he said. "And of course, you got Moonbin, Kyuhyun and Sungjin covering from Europe and Africa," said Ryeowook. "Mm," said Hoseok as he drank some more coffee.

Mingyu came into the kitchen and went to get coffee with Minhyuk not too far behind. "Your team is quiet," said Mingyu. "Well, I have the alpha, his betas and one of the older members," said Hoseok. "I'm sure they know to behave in a house full of werewolves and a shapeshifter," he said. "And a human," said Joshua. "I need to go to the bank, so I'll see you later," he said, grabbing his coffee to go before going to get dressed. He yelled out a goodbye as he left, going to the bank.

Hyunjin and the others step into the kitchen after a few minutes, looking tired. "Not morning people are you?" Asked Ryeowook as he chuckled some. "Didn't get much sleep," said Hyunjin as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "Excited to get going on your first missions then?" Asked Minhyuk.

"I wanted to explore the city before we go too," said Jeongin. "We can do that," said Hoseok. "Finalizing things take a couple days so," he said, shrugging. "There's a game tomorrow!" Said Minghao. "You guys gotta come with us," he said.

"Did you get dragged into this one?" Hoseok asked Mingyu. "Only because Joshua couldn't get a day off," Mingyu said with a snort. "Gotta keep the youngest entertained somehow, they're the reason we turned this house into a safe house," he said. "Kris is still sending Jun and the others on missions but these two haven't had a mission in a while," he said.

"A game?" Asked Hyunjin. "Baseball," said Hoseok. "We're near Fenway park and got lucky with the days," he said, chuckling some. "Oh, cool," said Jeongin. "Always wanted to go there," he said. "I'll get us tickets then," said Hoseok as he checked his phone. Jisung sighed. "Leave it to the youngest to want to go see a baseball game," he said, chuckling some. Jeongin shook his head, chuckling some. "Played some back home, it was cool," he said.

Breakfast was served and Minghao and DK got to know Hyunjin and the others, seeing that they were all around the same age. "How's things back at home?" Asked Minhyuk. "Fine, was there for a couple days and got to see Changkhyun come home," said Hoseok. "Was he on a mission then?" Asked Minhyuk. "Yeah, he got back a couple days after Doyoung and I did," said Hoseok.

"Anyway," said Hoseok as he got up. "I'm going to get ready and take the team to do their final things," he said. "Meet me out front then," he said to Hyunjin, who nodded. He then went to get ready.

"Ya'll do right by him you hear?" Asked Minhyuk. "Hoseok's a good kid but there's things about him that may make him seem cold," he said. "Treat him well and he will do his best to treat you well," he said. Hyunjin nodded. "We'll do our best," he said. "We are one in the same, in a similar sense," he said. "You're a werewolf, we're wolves," he said. "I guess so," said Minhyuk.

Hoseok went into the kitchen after getting ready. "Alright, let's go to the bank," he said. "See you later hyung," said Minghao. "See you," said Hoseok before leaving with the others.

They made it to the bank, Hoseok going up to the teller to let them know that he was registering 4 more people. Once he had been told to wait, Hoseok went to sit down. "What happened with you when you registered?" Asked Hyunjin. "I didn't have to go through this," said Hoseok. "Since I was already working for Kris but I had to tell them that I had become a hunter," he said.

"What do you mean by "working for Kris?" Asked Jeongin. "It's a way to stay safe for us werewolves," said Hoseok. "As long as we work for him werewolf hunters can't hunt us down," he said. "But to guarantee safety-" he said. "Is to become a vampire hunter because then the entire pack is safe," said Joshua as he walked over.

"Hello Josh," said Hoseok. Joshua smiled some. "I am here to get your papers," he said. Hyunjin stood and handed Joshua the papers for himself and his pack. Joshua studied the papers for a few minutes before nodding. "I'll process this and you'll have our answer in 3 days tops," he said. "Okay, thank you," said Hyunjin.

Hoseok smiled slightly. "We must get going then, we're taking your two youngest to the game tomorrow," he said. Joshua laughs. "Tell Mingyu I'm sorry I had to drag him into it," he said. "Ryeowook didn't want to go to the game and Minhyuk will have his hands full if he went alone," he said. "Mingyu has a soft spot for them, you know that," said Hoseok.

"Every pack has a soft spot for their youngest it seems," Hyunjin said, tousling Jeongin's hair. Jeongin moved away, shaking his head. Hoseok laughs. "Well, let's get going then," he said. "I'll see you around Joshua," he said. Joshua nodded and headed back to his office.

"Where do you guys wanna go today?" Asked Hoseok as they stood outside the bank. "Hm, the mall?" Asked Hyunjin. "We don't need clothes or much of anything but it doesn't hurt to look for clothes to switch to," he said. "Sure," said Hoseok. "Let's go grab the truck and we'll head there," he said. They headed back to the house.