Chapter 5

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok was driving through the night with Jeongin keeping him company. The others were asleep in the backseat, so Jeongin kept a quiet conversation going with him.

"What's it like being a werewolf?" Asked Jeongin. "Well," said Hoseok. "I'm a pure blood so I was born this way," he said. "People can be turned into werewolves," he said. "What do you feel when you change?" Asked Jeongin. "Just the sensation of bursting out of your body only to form together into the wolf," said Hoseok. "At least, that's how I feel when I change, it could be different for other people," he said. "That sensation rips our clothes so that's why we usually strip down or have an extra pair on hand," he said. "Hm," said Jeongin.

"What's it like being a wolf?" Asked Hoseok. "Nothing much different," said Jeongin. "We can tell if we have our human illusions up or not," he said. "We don't need clothes because our human illusions come with clothes when we put them up with clothes," he said.

"Having a fun conversation up there?" Came Minho's voice as he yawned. "Yep totally," Jeongin said, chuckling some. "How much longer?" Asked Minho. "We should reach Joshua's pack house in a few hours, depending on traffic," said Hoseok. "Pack house?" Asked Jeongin. "Yeah," said Hoseok. "I asked if we could stay there for a few days to get things sorted out," he said. "I assume you have your missions already," he said. "Yeah," said Jeongin. "A message said to go to Boston to finalize everything first though," he said. Hoseok nodded. "And that's where we're going," he said.

"I need to stop for gas first," he said, looking at the gas meter before looking for an exit to go to for gas. He stopped the truck and got out to go refuel the truck.

When he got back after paying for the gas Jeongin was sitting in the trunk, his legs hanging off the end. "Too wired up to sleep?" Hoseok asked. "Pretty much," said Jeongin. "I'm the youngest but I guess that wouldn't matter too much," he said. "Ah, that explains your small size as a wolf then," said Hoseok. Jeongin nodded. "I'm still growing," he said. "At least, according to the others, Chan and the others have the largest wolf forms because they're the oldest," he said. "You'll get there," said Hoseok. "For now just focus on the other things," he said. "There are advantages to being smaller," he said. "I guess," said Jeongin as he looked up.

"Jeongin do you mind switching seats?" Asked Hyunjin as he got out of the truck, stretching. "Sure," said Jeongin as he hopped down. Hoseok nodded and finished fueling the truck, putting up the pump and closing the lid to the gas tank. He went around the truck and got into the driver's side, yawning. "Tired?" Asked Hyunjin as he got in the passenger seat. "I'll make it," said Hoseok. "Also you'll find that we work with other teams often, so don't worry if we end up at a random person's house," he said. "Most likely I've already contacted them," he said. Hyunjin hummed in response.

Once there Hoseok saw that Joshua was sitting outside the pack house, waiting on them. "Wake up guys," said Hoseok. "We're here," he said. Hyunjin turned around and woke the others up, getting out of the truck after Hoseok.

"You didn't need to wait you know," Hoseok said to Joshua. Joshua shrugs. "It's alright," he said. "Minhyuk will be happy to see you," he said. "You must be the rookie team the bank has been raving about since Doyoung came through," he said as he spotted Hyunjin and the others walking over. "I missed Doyoung? Damn," said Hoseok. "He was here until a couple days ago, they wanted to explore the city," said Joshua.

"You guys are an interesting bunch though," said Joshua as he led the others inside. "Never had a wolf pack be formed and be tested like this before," he said. "Well," said Hyunjin. "We're determined to become an official pack," he said. "And they let us form the pack on the condition that we go through the trials of being a vampire hunter," he said. "Well, you 5 can have the rooms at the end of the hall," said Joshua. "Be mindful of the people sleeping, goodnight," he said before going into his room.

"See ya'll in the morning then," said Hoseok as he turned to Hyunjin. "Goodnight," said Hyunjin as he went into their designated room. Hoseok went into the other room, deciding to see if Doyoung was up for a call once he was lying in bed.

"Made it to Boston?" Were Doyoung's first words when he picked up. "Yeah," said Hoseok as he smiled slightly. "I wish we had gotten there earlier," he said. Doyoung laughs. "Don't worry about it, don't want our jobs to interfere with our love life," he said. "Are you alright? How's the team looking?" Asked Hoseok. "Good, Felix and Seungmin are a little rowdy but they listen," said Doyoung. "You sound tired, you should go to sleep," he said. Hoseok sighed. "At least tell me how I can deal with my nightmares first," he said.

Doyoung sighed and nodded. "Are you laying down right now?" He asked. "I am," said Hoseok. "Want you to close your eyes and clear your head," said Doyoung. "Think of a happy place, a meadow with a river running through the middle," he said. "Think about running through the meadow with me in our wolf forms, with Yoongi and the rest of the pack running with us," he said. Hoseok hummed in response.

"Now, I want you to relax, find yourself in that dream world," said Doyoung. "After finding yourself in wolf form in the meadow you'll see all of us there with you," he said. "Now run around the meadow, don't worry about a thing, just run through the meadow in wolf form," he said.

Hoseok hummed as he found himself drifting off to sleep. He could barely hear a "goodnight" from Doyoung before he found himself in the dream world, in the meadow that Doyoung had been talking about.