Chapter 3

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok found himself at loss as to what to do until he had to meet up with his team. During the day he hung out with his brother and Daehyun, at night he talked for about 2 hours with Doyoung, but any other time of the day he was bored and often found himself staring longingly out the window biding his time until his missions came up.

"You're bored aren't you?" Asked Cory as he joined Hoseok to watch the world outside. "Mm," said Hoseok. "Too used to being on the road I guess," he said. "Or having Doyoung around," he said. "Makes sense," said Cory. "Being a vampire hunter changes your way of life, how you do things," he said. Hoseok nodded. "Where's your brother anyway?" Asked Cory. "He went with Daehyun to the shopping center," said Hoseok. "They wanted to get some stuff for their two youngest," he said. "Mm," said Cory.

A text pinged to Hoseok's phone and he checked it, smiling some. "Well, the big alpha is coming back," he said. Cory looked over to see. "Ah! Changkhyun's coming back from his mission!" He said, jumping up and running off to find Jimin so they could clean up Changkhyun's room. Hoseok chuckled some as he got up and went to clean up the room he was sharing with Kihyun, Jimin and Cory, grabbing all the blankets and sheets, and pillowcases off the beds and bringing them into the laundry room to wash.

"It's suddenly laundry day," said Kisu as he went to see what was going on. "Changkhyun's coming home," said Hoseok. "Oh!" He said, before going to grab Jooheon and Youngjae to help get all their blankets into the laundry room. "I have laundry duty," called Hoseok. "Just clean everything else up!" He shouted. "Got it!" Everyone called back. Once all the sheets and blankets were in the laundry room Hoseok started with the sheets, piling up the blankets in the corner and grabbing pillow cases to put in the washer with the sheets. Cory and Jimin went to vacuum and clean up the bedrooms while Kisu, Youngjae, and Jooheon cleaned up the livingroom then the kitchen, making sure to wash all the dishes that were in the sink.

While waiting on the first load of laundry to finish Hoseok got another text and he checked his phone to see who it was from, not recognizing the number. "Oh!" He exclaimed, now going to grab his bag with his dirty laundry and changing out to clean ones. "My team wants to meet up!" He said when he saw Jimin and Cory. "Finish laundry first," said Jimin. "Already started the first load, after that one's done I'm doing the next one, which is all the blankets," said Hoseok. "So I have plenty of time to pack and get my clothes in the washer," he said.

"Where are they?" Asked Jimin. "In town, is it okay for them to come here?" Asked Hoseok. Jimin looked at Cory, who shrugged. "Let them," said Cory. "They're your team after all, they can help us with cleaning up the house before you go," he said. Hoseok texted them the address before going back to packing.

After a half an hour Yoongi and Daehyun returned with Hoseok's new team. "We're home!" Shouted Daehyun. "Help clean up the house," called Jimin. "Changkhyun's coming home," he called. Yoongi and Daehyun scramble to help clean up the livingroom, since Kisu, Youngjae and Jooheon were making sure the kitchen was spotless.

Hoseok came out of the laundry room, spotting who he presumed was Hyunjin. "Well, you came at the best time," he said, chuckling some. "Hoseok," he said, reaching out a hand for a handshake. "Hyunjin," said Hyunjin as he shook hands with Hoseok. "This is Jeongin, Jisung and Minho, need help with anything?" He asked.

"Vacuum the hallway, go make sure the bedrooms are clean and then help get the dirty clothes in to the laundry room," said Hoseok as he pointed to the laundry room. "Jimin and Cory are getting all the dirty clothes and putting them in a pile in the hallway once you're done vacuuming," he said. Hyunjin and the others nod before going into the hallway. Hoseok let out a sigh and went back into the laundry room to start the first load of blankets and start the dryer for the sheets.

It took a couple hours for the house to be clean and all the dirty clothes were put in the laundry room. Once everything was done everyone went to sit in the livingroom, waiting on the sheets, pillowcases and blankets to go through the washer and dryer before putting them back on the respective beds.

"Sorry to you into cleaning like that," said Hoseok as he scratched the back of his head. "No problem," said Hyunjin. "I assume that the person you were talking about was your pack alpha then?" He asked. Jimin nodded. "He was on a mission for a few weeks, they're finally coming back though," he said. "He went with his mate Jungkook and my other mate Kihyun," he said.

"Oh right, I think I heard Sungjin-hyung talk about you werewolves having 2 mates," said Hyunjin. "Don't be offended by that, it's just odd," he said. "None taken," said Jimin. "What's it like?" Jeongin. "Erm," said Cory. "Not really sure how to describe something like that," said Jimin. "I guess you could say it's different," said Youngjae. "You don't feel like you're betraying your pureblood mate when you're with your other mate and vice versa," he said. "I guess it's like your love is equal between the two," he said. "And if one person's away you still have your other mate," he said. 

"So what's it like being a werewolf? I assume it's similar to our lives as wolves except we don't need clothes," said Jisung. "Yeah, if we were to change we'd have to either strip down or just change right then and there and rip our clothes," said Hoseok. "We have the pack structure like you, but priority as a pack alpha is usually given to the oldest," he said. "Which, is Jungkook," he said, shrugging. "But Changkhyun fought his way to the position so that's why he's currently alpha," he said.

Once all the bedsheets, blankets and pillowcases were done everyone pitched in to help put the blankets on the beds. Hoseok went to start the load of dirty clothes. After everything was done everyone went to sit down and watch a movie.

"When do you want to head out?" Asked Hoseok. "Whenever you want to," said Hyunjin. "If your pack doesn't mind us staying around until then," he said. "Wolves right? You won't take up much room in the livingroom then," said Jimin. "We'll set up an area for you, Yoongi and Daehyun can room with Hobi for the time being," he said. "I'll just let Changkhyun know that you're here so they don't freak out," he said.

That night Hoseok sat in the backyard having a video call with Doyoung. "So your team showed up?" Asked Doyoung. Hoseok nodded. "First impressions, they are okay, they did help clean up the house," he said. "Well, Changkhyun is coming home, you waiting until he does to leave?" Asked Doyoung. Hoseok nodded. "How's your side of the team?" He asked. "Good, Chan is keeping them in line," said Doyoung. "That's good, I better go get ready for bed, I have some packing to do tomorrow," said Hoseok. "Alright, goodnight," said Doyoung before he hung up.

Hoseok shook his head and went to turn off the back porch light before heading inside to get ready for bed.