Chapter 2

A Hunter's Struggle

Doyoung woke to Hoseok whimpering into his back, sighing a bit as he turned around and brought Hoseok to his chest, mumbling sweet words in his ear. He listened for any sounds of Cory or Yoongi waking from nightmares and was relieved to hear nothing for now. He turned slightly to grab his phone off the nightstand to check for any new messages.

"Mm," said Hoseok. "Did I wake you again?" He asked in a sleepy voice. "Kind of," said Doyoung. "It's alright though," he said. "Do you ever have nightmares?" Asked Hoseok. "Not anymore," said Doyoung. "I've learned to block my mind when I sleep so I don't dream," he said. "Must be nice," mumbled Hoseok. "I'll teach you how to do it after our next missions," said Doyoung. "Did you teach Cory?" Asked Hoseok. "He came to me asking about it," said Doyoung. "So I taught him a little bit of what he should do," he said. "He seems to have figured it out quickly though," he said. "And we've worked with Yoongi before," he said. "So he's had time to figure out how to do it," he said. "Hm," said Hoseok.

The door to the room opened and Jimin poked his head in to see if they were awake. "Morning," said Jimin. "Morning," said Doyoung. "What's up Jimin?" Asked Hoseok. "Breakfast is being made by Kisu, come into the kitchen whenever," Jimin said before closing the door and heading into the kitchen. Doyoung sighed and got up, only to be grabbed by Hoseok. "Five more minutes," he grumbled. Doyoung took one look at him before complying, lying down again and letting Hoseok snuggle into his side and lay his head on his chest. He wrapped an arm around Hoseok, rubbing his arm that was laid across his stomach.

Cory was sent to get them after about half an hour. "Do you guys just want someone to bring you breakfast?" He asked as he spotted Hoseok asleep and Doyoung checking messages on his phone. "I think it's best," said Doyoung as he looked towards the door. "He didn't feel like moving so," he said, shrugging. "Alright," said Cory. "I'll be back," he said before leaving the room. Cory came back with breakfast and Doyoung smiled in thanks before trying to wake Hoseok up as Cory left the room.

"Come on, wake up," said Doyoung as he lightly shook Hoseok. "Do I have to?" Hoseok grumbled as he moved away. "At least eat some breakfast," said Doyoung. "Fine," whined Hoseok as he sat up. Doyoung laughed before sitting up and grabbing breakfast and handing Hoseok's plate to him before eating from his own plate.

A text pinged to Hoseok's phone and he reached over and grabbed it, seeing what he was being messaged about. "Oh! I can use Jin's truck," he said. "Oh that's good, Kihyun won't let anyone but Jimin and Cory use his jeep and Kisu, Youngjae and Jooheon haven't even gotten their own car yet," said Doyoung.

"Well, I got a message earlier, looks like I'm heading out to meet with my team earlier than expected," said Doyoung. "Already? We just got home," said Hoseok as he pouted. "Yeah, unfortunately," said Doyoung as he got up and went to take a shower. "I'll do laundry on the road, it's nothing new for me," he called. Hoseok sighed and finished eating his breakfast before getting up and leaving the room and going into the kitchen.

"You seem more depressed than usual, what's up?" Asked Kisu as he spotted Hoseok. "Vacation time's been cut short for Doyoung," Hoseok said with a pout as he went to wash his dishes. "Man, you hunters never catch a break," called Cory. "We've learned to live with it," said Hoseok. "As long as we're allowed to come home at least," he said.

"Was it that urgent?" Asked Kisu. "Apparently, something about his half of the team getting the first line of missions for them as soon as they heard we were back," said Hoseok. "It's not only that," said Doyoung as he went into the kitchen with his plate. "Ravi and the rest of the team wanted to meet up and meet the pack that would be working with us," he said as he washed his plate after Hoseok was done. "I figured since they were already heading this way I'd meet them in town before going to New York," he said.

"Alright," said Jimin as he walked into the kitchen. "Good luck, have fun, and come back alive," he said. "Always," said Doyoung as he finished washing his plate. "Good luck with your team then Hoseok," he said. Hoseok nodded and went to grab his phone to see if he was needed to meet up with his team yet.

"Don't worry," said Doyoung as he came up and hugged Hoseok from behind, letting his chin rest on Hoseok's shoulder. "I'll text you tonight, and if you're up for a call I'll call you," he said. "I'm not worried about that," said Hoseok. "Oh right, this is your first time with a new team," said Doyoung. "You'll do fine," he said. "I know you're practically living under my shadow and Yoongi's because of how much more well known we are but," he said, sighing a bit. "I'm sure you'll do fine, you know you work well with teams, use it to your advantage," he said.

He moved away and went to grab his bag, slinging it over his shoulder as he turned to Hoseok. "You'll be alright," he said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You've had a few years to adjust to this, make me proud alright?" He asked. Hoseok nodded and smiled slightly. "There's that smile," said Doyoung as he grinned. "Good luck then," he said before leaving the room.

Hoseok was left standing in the room alone for a few minutes before Yoongi came in, concern in his eyes. "You going to be alright?" Asked Yoongi. Hoseok looked up at Yoongi, before nodding. "I'll be fine," he said. "I just have to be confident," he said. "You don't want us to come with you when you go?" Asked Yoongi. "Nah, I'll be alright," said Hoseok.

"Though, you're headed back to New York City soon right?" He asked. Yoongi nodded. "We'll probably leave when you do," he said. "Then I'll swing by for a visit after getting my team, if Yongguk doesn't mind of course," said Hoseok. Yoongi laughs. "You're more than welcome to, Yongguk keeps asking about you," he said. Hoseok chuckled some. "Alright," he said. "I'll swing by then," he said.