Chapter 15

A Hunter's Struggle

Chan got back to the house a few minutes later with the others, Hyunjin, Jeongin, Jisung and Minho getting out and walking over to the truck. Chan got out as Doyoung did, going to switch places. "Good luck then!" Called Doyoung. Hoseok waved, before checking his phone for a confirmation that things were ready. Doyoung backed the jeep out of the driveway after Chan got in the passenger seat, switching with Changbin, driving off.

"Well, you guys ready?" Asked Hoseok as he got the text he was looking for. "Yep," said Hyunjin. Minho, Jisung and Jeongin nod in agreement. "Let's do this then," said Hoseok as he motioned for them to get in the truck. Everyone got in and Hoseok backed out of the driveway, heading to their destination.

"So what's the plan?" Asked Hyunjin. "Be careful," said Hoseok. "Don't screw up, one wrong move could get you killed," he said. "Don't let your pride take over, it could also get you killed," he said. "Do exactly as I say, don't question it," he said. "If we get in a sticky situation, well I'll do what I can to get us out of it," he said. Hoseok pulled up to the warehouse, looking at the building. "Alright, let's go," he said, turning off the ignition and getting out. He headed into the building with the others following after him.

They entered a room and Hoseok was kicked to his knees, grunting as his arms were forced behind his back with handcuffs being put on his wrists. "Don't move," came a voice as they quickly subdued the others. "So it begins then," grumbled Hoseok as he tested the handcuffs.

"What's this, we have a rookie team?" Came the leader's voice as lights , showing 4 people with face masks on. "You let Hoseok go," spat Hyunjin as he tested his restraints. "Why should we?" Came voice number 2. "He's not a part of your pack," he said. "He's not part of your team," he said. Person number 3 came over and dragged Hoseok by the shirt over to the others, pressing a knife against his neck. Hoseok growled, but flinched when the knife was pressed into his neck more, causing a little blood to leak out.

"Let him go!" Shouted Hyunjin as he tried to escape his restraints, letting his illusion drop as he tried to leap forward. "You move and your pack dies," said the leader. That caused Hyunjin to pause as he looked between his pack members and Hoseok. "Choose right now," said person 4 as he held up a remote. "Hoseok or your pack," he said.

"Take your pack," said Hoseok. "I will get out of this," he said. "No way," said Hyunjin as his human illusion came up. "I am not leaving you behind," he said. "My pack can fight their way out just like you can," he said. "No," said Hoseok. "Take your pack," he said. "You need to listen to me," he said. "I will get out, don't test me," he said. Hyunjin blinked, realization hitting him. "Leave with your pack while you still can," said Hoseok. "Don't worry about me," he said.

"This will test your ability as a pack," Hyunjin remembered Felix saying. He wondered if this was the test they were talking about. "We got this hyung," said Jeongin. "Get Hoseok out first, we can handle these guys," he said. "Don't be stupid Jeongin," said Minho. "Let Hyunjin make his decision," he said. Hyunjin was in thought as he studied Hoseok's expression. Hoseok nodded a little, knowing that Hyunjin figured it out.

"Let my pack go," Hyunjin said after a few minutes. Jisung and Jeongin soon realized what was happening as they figured out who the so called enemy was. Minho tilted his head. "Let them go," said the leader. Person 4 went to cut them free, backing off afterwards. "Leave," said the leader. Hyunjin glared at them. "We'll be back Hoseok," he said before leaving with his pack.

Hoseok sighed, shaking his head. "Well," he said. Taemin removed his mask, taking his knife away before unlocking Hoseok from his handcuffs. "Sorry," he said. "It's fine," said Hoseok as he rubbed the spot he was cut. "They handled that well," he said. "I wonder how much he really believed that his packmates would die?" Asked Key as he removed his face mask. "I don't know," said Hoseok. "I'll see ya'll at home then," he said before leaving.

"Hoseok-hyung!" Said Jeongin when Hoseok came outside. "We were going to go in after you," he said. "I'm fine," said Hoseok as he rubbed spot where he was cut. "How's your neck?" Asked Minho. "Healed," said Hoseok as he showed them. "I'm just a little sore," he said. "I took care of them so," he said. "Let's go then," he said, getting in the truck. The others got in the truck and Hoseok started the truck, driving off and heading back to the house.

"Get some rest ya'll," said Hoseok as they reached the house. "Jonghyun and them will be here soon, just go shower and take a rest, you'll get your answer from me tomorrow," he said before getting out and heading inside. The others followed after him, going to take a shower before going to bed.

Hoseok had a lot to think about as he went to grab his phone and see if Doyoung as available. "I'll be in late, I need to talk to Doyoung," he said, turning to Jisung who was toweling his hair. "Are you gonna be okay until then?" He asked. Jisung nodded. "I'll be fine," he said. Hoseok nodded. "I'll be in the backyard," he said before leaving the room. Jisung flopped down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"How'd they do?" Asked Doyoung as Hoseok video called him once he was sitting outside. "Okay I guess," said Hoseok. "I have a lot to consider now," he said. "He was willing to let his pack die to let me go," he said. "But after I told him to go, he left with the promise to come back," he said. "I see," said Doyoung. "So he was willing to kill off his entire pack just to save one person, that is a lot to think about," he said. "What do I do?" Asked Hoseok. "Think about it, this is your decision now," said Doyoung. Hoseok sighed. "Well, thanks," he said. "I'll see you in Disneyland then," he said. Doyoung nodded. "See you," he said before hanging up.

Hoseok went inside after a few minutes, going to his room, passing Jonghyun and the others. "I hope you make the right decision," said Jonghyun. Hoseok nodded and headed into his room.

Jisung turned his head to look at Hoseok. "I don't want to go home hyung," he said. "I know," said Hoseok as he went to lay down beside Jisung. "I know," he repeated. Jisung sighed and to his side, curling up into a ball and falling asleep. Hoseok let out a deep sigh before throwing an arm over his eyes to attempt to fall asleep.