Chapter 12

A Hunter's Struggle

"So they passed? Nice!" Said Doyoung as Hoseok video called him with Hyunjin and the others in the background. "I swear I never saw this coming," said Hyunjin. "That was the point of the test," said Doyoung. "Exactly," said Hoseok as he scratched the back of his head.

"Are the others there?" Asked Jeongin. "Yeah, come say hi guys," Doyoung called, handing the phone to Chan who waved. The others gathered around Chan, waving. "Congrats Hyunjin, now the real test starts," said Woojin. Hyunjin sighed. "Right, our initiation mission," he said. "You'll do great, we just did ours," said Changbin. "Did you pass?" Asked Minho. "Can't tell you until you get yours done," said Seungmin.

"I can tell you this though, it really tests your ability as a pack," said Felix. "Oh, you did the same thing with the others?" Asked Hoseok. "Yep!" Came Doyoung's voice. "Doyoung told us about what he put his teams through and how only two made it," said Seungmin. "After something like that, I can see why they failed," he said.

"Now you got me curious," Hyunjin said with a groan. Hoseok chuckled. "You'll see when we get there," he said. "Where are you now?" He asked. "Disneyland!" Said Felix. "We finished our mission, so we're enjoying the rest of the time at Disneyland before you guys get done with your mission," he said. "Lucky!" Said Jeongin as he pouted. "Child," said Hyunjin as he tousled Jeongin's hair. "Hush," Jeongin said with a scowl. "We'll go after this is over," said Hoseok. "If you pass or fail, we're meeting there anyway," he said.

"Jun treating you well?" Asked Doyoung as he took the phone back. Hoseok nodded as he stood, going to go outside to talk privately. "Yeah," he said. "How's the new team looking?" He asked. "Just fine," said Doyoung as he put on headphones. Hoseok did the same thing, in case they were eavesdropping. "That's good," he said.

"I think your team will pass," said Doyoung. "Mine did well with the situation," he said. "You have three of the oldest and two of the youngest, of course they would do well they have more experience in these types of situations," said Hoseok. "You think so?" Asked Doyoung. Hoseok nodded. "Hyunjin is willing to learn," he said. "Which is good considering he's still young," he said. "However, since he is young it might cloud his judgement this coming mission," he said.

"Ah yes, the young ones will always falter somewhere," said Doyoung. "But that's why you have Minho," he said. "He's there to provide the input, being an older member," he said. "Yeah," said Hoseok, looking up at the sky as it started raining. He quickly went to stand under something, leaning against a tree. "It's raining and I don't feel like going inside yet," he said. "I'd say to since you'd catch a cold but you've been changing still right?" Asked Doyoung. Hoseok nodded.

"I don't want to stop changing yet," he said. "I still have my pure blood mate to find," he said. "Whatever happens with them, just know that I'm still here alright?" Asked Doyoung. Hoseok smiled. "Thanks," he said. "I should go then, the kids want to go on some rides," said Doyoung. "See you later," said Hoseok before hanging up.

He took off his headphones and slid to the ground, sighing a bit. "And now the pressure is getting to me," he mumbled as he looked up at the sky. "Can I do it?" He asked. He wondered if he should ask Doyoung about the event that he did with his teams. He decided not to and got up, going back inside.

"When are we heading out?" Asked Hyunjin as he spotted Hoseok. "Are you in that much of a hurry?" Asked Hoseok. "No," said Hyunjin. "Just wondering," he said. "Nervous?" Asked Chan as he entered the room. "A little," said Hyunjin. "As a pack alpha, this might challenge you to your limits," said Hoseok. "It really gives you a lot to consider doesn't it?" He asked. Hyunjin nodded.

"Was it like that with werewolves?" Asked Jeongin. "Depending on the pack," said Hoseok. "A lot of packs form and people leave or join," he said. "My pack had a lot of people joining and leaving," said Jun as he shrugged. "It's because no one liked Sungcheol, those few who stayed, stayed for Joshua," he said. "Who stayed for Joshua anyway?" Asked Hoseok. "I did, my group did, and Jeonghan and Woozi did," said Jun. "Seungkwan, Vernon, DK and Minghao didn't come around til later but they stayed for us, and we stayed for Joshua," he said.

"Joshua's just that type of person, main alpha or not," said Hoshi. "He and Sungcheol clashed a lot even when he was still a werewolf," he said. "Two main alphas aren't a good thing to have in one setting," remarked Hyunjin. "I think my parents' pack ran like that," he said. "It's the mated pair I assume?" Asked Hoseok. Hyunjin nodded. "Sungjin's parents," he said. "They were a pretty big pack, one of the more known packs in Europe," he said.

"What happened to them?" Asked Hoseok. "They're still around," said Hyunjin. "They're the ones who formed my pack," he said. "But there's other packs out there that are trying to become more well known," he said. "We're the first pack to become official through becoming vampire hunters," he said. "I thought Sungjin's pack was?" Asked Hoseok. "Well, they aren't an official pack according to wolf pack laws or what have you," said Hyunjin. "Sungjin never really followed it so," he said, shrugging.

"So," said Minho. "What are we doing tomorrow?" He asked. "Shopping, laundry," said Hoseok. "We'll leave tomorrow night so," he said, shrugging. "Alright," said Jeongin. "How much clothes did you bring this time?" Asked Jun. "Just a duffle bag full," Hoseok said, shrugging. "I don't bring that much clothes," he said.