Chapter 9

Tainted Love

Yoongi's POV

I got a message from my friend, Hoseok saying that he wants to invited me to eat lunch with me. Its been a long time since I met him because he also busily handling his family business on shipping. And since both of us is busy, we barely spend time to each other.

He is a kind of man who is looks so playful but when it comes to work, he is very serious and responsible with what he is assigned. And not forgot to mention when it off from work, he likes to go to a loud places like clubs or an events. Never have a steady girlfriends since for him, every girls are his girlfriends. He is more worst than me though. 

I looked at the clock and it was shown at 1:15 pm. I began to sighing long. I don't like to waiting for people so it's a bit annoying to wait for Hoseok. He has promised to come to this restaurant at 1 pm but now he has been 15 minutes late.

I just played with my handphone while checking my emails that came from my personal assistant as well as my clients. While busy with my work, I did not notice Hoseok was already at the restaurant. I just noticed when he nudged my arm. I am a bit surprised and shoots an irritating look at him.

"What's wrong with that long face, my bro?" Hoseok asked while take a sit in front of me. He is grinning right now. How annoying.

"Why don't you just come tomorrow?" I asked in sarcastic manner.

" Touché" He said while grinning again.

"Did you order already?" I just shake my head answering to his question. Hoseok then gesturing to the waiter to take our order.

We were eating while having a little chat and tell each other what's we've being doing on our day and also having a small laugh with each other. Hoseok is a very fun person. He know how to joke and how synchronized with the situation.

"Yaa, Min Yoongi. I always want to asking you about this. What's wrong you've been calling me about the last sunday? And you actually drunk" Hoseok's question makes me paused from eating.

I continue chewing my foods and just shrugs. I have no answer for that question. Because, what should I answered to him though?

"I am asking you, Yoongi" He sound irritate to my reaction. "That's why I have been asking you to find a girlfriend. So, when you are drunk, you can get clinging to your girlfriend. Or you actually have one already? Who? Soojin? Sooyoung?" Hoseok continue as he lifts his eyebrow in playful manner.

"Can you just eat your food?" I asked Hoseok to change the topic as I am sipping to my drink.

The lunch is runs smoothly except when Hoseok opens up a topic about the nonsense or absurd  things and I do not want to answer it. I know that he just to play with me because that is what he is.  And I just don't give a damn about it.

Hoseok and me bit a goodbye and we both go back to work. I have so many things to do back in the offices. Plus, because of my absent for 2 days since I am having a fever, there are lots of work piled up on my table. Day by day, dad is giving me more works for me to handle and it gives me a headache. I sometimes doesn't have an enough rest. When I am coming home, I will lock myself in the room and continue my works again.

***

Jennie's POV

I just coming home from the college and shopping. And yeah, of course it is not for me. It is for Chaeyoung though. She is making a fuss saying that she doesn't have a dress for this week's party. She attended party every week though. That spoiled brat. I bet her wardrobe is full with dresses. So, I still have to accompany her and if not, she will get sulks.

I go bathing and cleaning myself after returning from college. After bathing, I sat on the make up  table and dried my hair and then comb my hair. I wear a bit of powder and a lip balm to make sure my lips is not cracks.

Done everything, I feel a bit hungry. When I went out with Chaeyoung this evening, I had eaten with her. But I don't know. I still feel hungry. So, I went downstairs to the kitchen and prepare some food for me to eat. I only cooks an omelette with sausage and red beans. I take out from refrigerator a red velvet cake that I bought this evening. I also make myself an ice caramel coffee.

I put the foods on the dining table and sits there. I started enjoying my food while checking at my socials networks. I am scrolling to watch what is interesting for today and also watched various short videos.

While I was eating and watching videos, I heard that the front door was open. I look at the clock and it shown at 8pm. I stopped from eating and waited for what happened next. Yoongi will not go to the kitchen, right? Usually, he will always go straight into his room.

That day, I realized that he was having a high fever. So, I have a bit courage to deal with him. But from that day on, We've gone back to its original state. We did not speak or meeting each other's eyes since that day. Well, when Yoongi returns from home, I may be busy in the room or may have been sleeping. Yoongi also when back, he goes straight to the room and does not go out until the next day. Maybe he's also busy with his work.

I already swallowed my own saliva when I heard a footstep coming to the kitchen. Ah, Kim Jennie. It will be so awkward. What should I say when he get in the kitchen?'Hi, welcome home' 'Do you already eat?' like that? Beh.

I am a bit shocked when he is already in front of me and his eyes is looking directly to me. I just gifts him a small smile and nods my head a bit. He then walks to refrigerator and take out an orange juice. He took a glass there and walking back to dining table. Surprisingly, he put the glass and an orange juice in the table and sits opposite to me.

I just observed him. He only with a white shirt and slacks. His tie and suit is gone already. His white sleeves is folded to the elbows. It reveals the veins on his hands. I gulped. What's wrong with suddenly observed him that way?

"Come down to earth, Jennie" Yoongi clicked his fingers in front of me. And I blinks. Oh my God, so embarrassing.

"Ahh! Sorry. Err, do you want to... eat?" I am a bit hesitate to ask him, you know.

"No. I've been eating already" Ah, why I feels hurt when he resists my offer? Hmph.

"Okay then" I slightly smile to him.

It is been quiet for awhile until my phone vibrate and shows a message come in. I am a bit shocked when I saw the name on the screen. It is Taehyung! Why he suddenly texting me? While Yoongi happens to be in front of me.

I snatch my phone and immediately open the message. Thankfully Yoongi is not seeing his name.

Hi, Jennie. How are you? and are you busy right now?

Why it must happened now that he want to know how am I and am I busy right now? I give Yoongi a glance and he is actually sipping his drinks while looking at me. Am I looking so obviously nervous?

I deleted the message right away. I will reply it later. If I am replying now, then, he will texting me back.

I look at Yoongi and he is still looking at me with his poker face. I look away and sipping my drinks. And yeah, he is still looking through me.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing. You just looks so uncomfortable. Well, after reading whatever you got just now" He said and I swear his voice suddenly became low.

"No, it is nothing" I lied. And look away again not wanting to meet his eyes.

He suddenly stand up and I automatically look at him. Ah, nowadays we were playing eyes gazing too much.

"Your phone looks nice. Do not let it be exactly same like what happened to the old ones" Seems like he gave me a warning though. Or am I the only ones that think like that?

He then walked up the stairs but he suddenly stopped half way. He turned to face me again. I blinks look at him. Did he want to say something?

"Don't forget we are going to be at my parents' mansion tomorrow. At 12pm. Pack your things. Don't be late" He said and turned to the stairs. I sent him with my eyes until I heard the sound of his room door open and closed again.

***

I went into my room at 9:30 pm. I'm preparing myself to sleep. About my things, tomorrow I will wake up early and prepare for it. It is not taking much time though. Before I sleep, I am staring at my cellphone. I argue to reply to Taehyung's message or not. But then I remembered Yoongi's words for a moment while we are at the dinner table.

Did he warn me not to repeat like that day? But I did not. And did he actually would not allowed me to get in touch with any male friends? Or it is actually okay but do not go too far? I am a bit confused.

I scratched my head and kept my phone on the table beside the bed. I will just think about it next time. Now I want to sleep. May everything went well for tomorrow and after.