Chapter 13

Tainted Love

NO ONE'S POV

"I want to introduce to all of you, my son, Min Yoongi and his wife, Kim Jennie"

What was announced by Mrs. Min was still hovering over Jennie's head. She is now sitting on a bed with a thought about what just happened tonight. She's quite not expecting this thing will going to happened. This things is beyond her expectation. She did not expect her mother-in-law would announce their marriage this soon enough. She is not ready yet for it.

Everything planned by Yoongi's parents or in other words, Jennie's in-law, are went smoothly. The announcement of their marriage was well received by the guests. Jennie and Yoongi get the chance to talk in front of the guests. Even though it's a bit awkward, they both handle it professionally. But Yoongi is the one whos talk more than Jennie because Jennie is not familiar with such things in front of unfamiliar faces. She's a bit shy. Since she'd rather always being unnoticed.

Jennie can not read what Yoongi's reaction is. From Yoongi's parents announcing the matters until the party has ended, the expression of his face remains the same. It does not change. It's hard to read what he's feeling right now.

Deep within her heart, she also wanted to know what Yoongi felt about it. Did he is not like it? Did he is angry? Does he feel as normal? Or could it be that he did not feel anything at all that he actually don't give a damn about it? Whatever answer is, if it's the last one, it's a bit painful to know about it.

Little that she know, little by little, whatever related to Yoongi, did affects her heart...

The sound of the open door had turned off Jennie's dreaming. There it is Yoongi is entering in the room. In the blink of an eye, the room temperature was rather hot for Jennie. She does not understand why. She's a bit uncomfortable right now. or maybe awkward.

Yoongi looked at Jennie at a glance and went straight to the bathroom. Jennie heard the sounds of shower opens. Yoongi is cleaning himself, perhaps. He's still in his suit when he entered the room just now. Still with the same expression. The 'nothing-happened' expression when it is exactly something happened. It makes Jennie feels like she is the only one that being overact when it is definitely affecting Yoongis too right?

After 20 minutes Yoongi was in the bathroom, he finally came out. Jennie glanced at the door of the bathroom and saw Yoongi look fresh after the shower. Yoongi walks toward the warbrobe with bathrobe on his body. He is ready with his pjs on and walks to the bed. Jennie already lying on the bed as she's going through with her cell phone. She was try to acts like normal and did not want to show her nervousness.

Yoongi is already in the bed with Jennie. He leaned on the headboard and was just being silent without talking anything. Jennie is now laying with her back on Yoongi. She just waiting for something is happening. The silent is just killing inside her.

"What are you feels right now? Still shocked?" Finally Yoongi is decided to start the conversation first.

"I don't know. Its hard to describe it" Jennie replied with her back still on Yoongi.

"You feels burdened by it?" He asked with his low tone.

"Rather saying feel burdened, I more to feel speechless. I don't know. I have a mixed reactions" She answered slowly.

"So, I take it as you don't really like about it" Yoongi said while laying his back on the bed. He is looking at the ceiling.

"How about you? I cannot read you. Whats you feel?" Jennie asking Yoongi back.

"I have no problem. Yeah, I feels a bit shocked because I don't expect it will be today but I actually already ready for it a long time already. Because I know it will be happened one day" Yoongi answered with the same tone from the beginning. Anything seems not really effecting on him.

"What will happened next?" Jennie raised a question to Yoongi.

"What did you expecting? How can you asks me, I'm not a fortune teller" Jennie is just sighing hearing Yoongi's answer. That is not what she's expecting the answer will be.

When realized that Jennie is not saying anything anymore, Yoongi let out a sigh too and turns around with his back facing Jennie's.

"Did you really hate the facts that today's guests knew about our marriage? Did you feels uncomfortable that your friend knew about us?" Yoongi ask with unknown emotion. He also don't know how to describe hows he feels right now.

Upon hearing Yoongi's question, Jennie automatically turns around and sits on the bed. She looks at Yoongi's back that facing her. She doesn't realized that Yoongi is turns his back on her too.

"I never feels like that, I swear. I don't really care that today's guests knew about us, about our marriage but yeah, when it comes to my friend also knew about it, I don't know what to say. I just not ready yet. That's all. It is far from what you just said" Jennie found herself slowly explaining to Yoongi and she just feel right about it.

"Don't worry. You can feel anything you want. It is your right. I don't mind" Yoongi said without moving his body even a little.

Jennie feels a bit sad that Yoongi never see her sincerity. She tried to be nice, she tried to be a good wife, or maybe just a good person to him but he never ever mind about it. It makes Jennie thinks that she is just no one. Even though from the beginning she knew, she is no one but nowadays, whatever the truths is, it hurts.

"Min Yoongi" Jennie called out his name. She can heard Yoongi just humming shortly.

"You hate me. Why did you agreed to married me at the first place?" Finally Jennie have a courage to ask Yoongi that question. She's been curious about it for a long time already.

But Jennie don't get the answer. Yoongi just being quiet and not answering it. Jennie couldn't see Yoongi's face since Yoongi's back is facing her. Moreover, the room is dark already.

A minute passed and the room is cold and quiet. Jennie just sighing. She should've expect this. When realizing that Yoongi will not answering her, Jennie just laying back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. After that she closed her eyes. Tried to let herself sleep.

"Just forget about it. Good night" Jennie said while turns her back too.

She admits that its a bit hurt when Yoongi is ignoring her. But she just swallow everything. She cannot do anything. Yoongi is that one man that is very difficult.

"Because I hate you, thats why I want to do so" Yoongi suddenly open his mouth.

Jennie eyes wide open when hearing Yoongi's voice. She's a bit stunned. She thought he will never replying her, she thought he will ignoring her. But she's wrong. He responded.

"I think that should be enough to answering to your question. Good night" Yoongi continue as he adjusting the comforter.

Jennie just let out a slight smile. Eventhough it hurts, well, at least he answered, her heart said.  Yeah, that should be enough. They will be living together so in mean time, she can finding the answers more. Eventhough she will never know how long they will be together. But, For tonight, it should be enough.

I will try my best to erasing your hate towards me, Min Yoongi...

 

JENNIE'S POV

Now is the time to solve another problem. Yeah, Chaeyoung. I have to figure out how to explain everything to Chaeyoung. And I guess, Chaeyoung was angry with me. Or sulky. I do not know, but it's time for me to tell her everything. After all, after that night, she deserved to know what's going on actually.

My class for this today has ended. I have to find Chaeyoung since she did not reply to the message that I've sent to her. Yeah, I understand. Maybe she feel offended. My fault, I acknowledge it. So I need to quickly fix everything.

I walked to the Chaeyoung class. In 10 minutes, her class will end. So when I was in front of her class, I waited for her at the back door of her class. I can see from the classroom window where the lecturer was about to dismissing the class. Chaeyoung still did not notice me outside of her class.

The lecturer had finished his class and headed out of the class. I see Chaeyoung is packing her books and things and waking up from her chair. When she goes to the classroom exit, I walk the same way too.

"Chaeyoung ahh" I called out her name. I can see Chaeyoung's head is headed to me but once she noticed that was me who's calling her, she quickly turns around and walks away.

"Chaeyoung ahh. Wait for me" I runs to her and grab her wrist. She stopped. But still not looking at me.

"I know I have done wrong to you. I'm sorry, okay? That's not my intention to hide from you. But I have to. I need you to hear my explanation. Then, after that, if you are still not talking to me, then I am okay. At least, I have told everything that suffocating me all this time. Can you follow me, Chaeyoung ahh?" I swear my eyes got teary already. She is my best friend. I have no one like her. So I can't even imagine to lost her.

I heard Chaeyoung is sighing. After a minute being silent, she finally nodding and begin walking. "Come, follow me" I am happy that I success convincing her. And then I begin walk beside her.

Chaeyoung is bringing me to the college's rooftop. It has no one there so it was like so quiet. You can hear the sound of winds. We are looking at the scenery from the rooftop and it was so breathtaking sight. The air also freshening.

After awhile, I can hear Chaeyoung let out a hard breathe and playing with her hands. She looks so fragile and It break my heart that I am the one who is cause of that. She must still be shocked by whatever happened.

"So, tell me what you want to tell me" Chaeyoung finally open , but still looking nowhere not into my eyes.

"It such a long story, Chaeyoung ahh. Firstly, I am sory for whatever happened. I know you must be so sad by it. I am so sorry" I try to apologize to her first. She deserved my apology.

"Cut it off. Just tell me the truth" Chaeyoung said a bit raised of her voice. I just put my lips in thin line and nodding.

"We married last four months. Like what you heard that night, it was knowing by only our close family. We held it privately" I start my words but it was cut off by Chaeyoung. "So, its been four months already you hide from me? wahh. Okay just continue"

I just look down and continue. "It was all our family plan. You know what happened to me and Joongi right? And suddenly I married to Yoongi seems so absurd right? I don't know but that's what our family thinking the best for us" I stop for a second and catch my breathe.

"Yoongi is really hate me for what happened to his brother. You don't know how much he resent me. He keep blaming me for his brother's death. He always accusing me I am the one who should be responsible for it but I can't do anything. If I can replace his place, I would already do that, Chaeyoung ahh" I stop again and feels I got teary eyes already.

"Before this, everyday, he would disturb me, he would came to me, hurting me, but I just accept everything he did to me because I think I deserved it. I am the cause he lost his beloved brother. Until one day, our family meets and decide to married both of us. It sounds absurd right? How can they want me to married a man who's hate me, who's always hurting me but they thought that is the best. Joongi's parents convinced me that Yoongi is not like that type of person. He looks strong, cold and ruthless outside but inside he is soft, fragile man. They thought I am the only one who's they believe can be patient to him, be the best for him and in this way, I can slowly erasing Yoongi's hate towards me" Once again, I stop and slightly smile. I can see Chaeyoung is looking at me already from the edge of my eyes. But I cannot look into her eyes. I have no caurage.

"I thought like I have to accept everything that Joongi's parents asked me to because I at least want to do something for them. About Yoongi, I was so surprised that he didn't rebelled up and just accept whatever his parents decide. Or maybe he thought that with marrying me, he can make me suffer more, who's know, right?" I can feels that Chaeyoung's hands is reaching my hands already and it makes my tears falling down.

I gather my courage and look into her eyes. "I have no intention to hide from you, Chaeyoung ahh. You can understand me, right? You at least can have an empathy to me, right? And I also afraid, you might think I am such an easy person because how can I married to my boyfriend's younger brother while I am the cause of his death. I looks so cheap by that. Morever, this married is far from love. It looks so meaningless so I thought I shouldn't share my misery to others. I am so sorry, Chaeyoung ahh" I finished it and I can feels Chaeyoung is pull me into hug already. She rubs my back softly and it feels so comforting. 

"I am the one who should be sorry, Jennie ahh. I don't know what have been happened to you. How miserable your life and you been suffered so much. You are a strong girl. I am proud you handle everything without obviously showing your problems. Good girl" Chaeyoung said while still hugging me and tapping my back slowly.

"You don't have to be sorry. You don't know anything so that's not your fault. I am just feels so grateful that I still have you. And you still want to accept me" I pull off the hug and said to her while looking into her eyes.

"You don't deserved to be treat like that. Cheer up, girl. I am sure God will always help you" Chaeyoung said and sincerely smile to me.

"Thanks, Chaeyoung ahh" I said and also smile to her.

"So, how about now? Its been four month. Did Yoongi still treat you like that? That night, I can see his coldness in his face but I can't even see his coldness to you" Chaeyoung ask while looking at me.

"I don't know, Chaeyoung ahh. Nowadays, he's been acting so weird to me. It was so confusing" I replied to her.

"How weird is that? What kind of weird?" Chaeyoung bombs me with question.

"Weird like weird. He's still cold to me but in the same time, I can feels his warmness. Before this, he is cold like so cold. But nowadays, his coldness is reducing and his warmness also showing" I explained to her.

I can see Chaeyoung is begin to smile widely. I shoot a question looks to her. "What's wrong with that face?" I asked her.

"I think he is slowly developing his feelings to you" She wriggling her eyes brow and smile naughtily.

"Do not talk nonsense, Park Chaeyoung" I scofts and just shake my heads.

"Whatttt?" Chaeyoung makes a face and stare at me.

"That is what I call, nonsense. How can he feels something for me. He hate me Chaeyoung" I said to her.

"People said, Don't hate too much, afraid you will fall in love. And I believe in that. How about you? Did you have any feelings to him?" Chaeyoung's question is shocked me. I don't expect that.

"No, Chaeyoung. I don't play any special feelings. I respect him, as my husband. That's only" I replied. I don't even know am I talking the truth or not. But about the respect, yes. I respect him. I now bring his last name with me.

"You guys married to each other, living in a same house, everyday meets each other, and if one day you guys still don't love each other, I have a big respect to both of you. Human being can't do that" Chaeyoung said and I just give her a small smile. I don't have any reply to it.

 

 

 

A/N": I am so sorry guys. I have been missing for long time. I was quite busy recently because I started my internship already. But from now, I will try my best to keep updating this story to you guys. Tainted love is receiving so much love and I am so happy by it. There have some of you that message me that they are waiting for next chapter and it gearing me up to keep updating for you guys. I will try to always updating and improve my storyline. Thanks. xoxo