6 Hours

Elevator
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How humiliating.

"Repeat that," Taehyung finally said.

"You heard me," Yoongi replied.

Taehyung lifted his head, his hands still clutching the sides of it, to look at the two elders. There were hurt and anger in his eyes as those emotions coursed through his veins, filling his body and leaving him feeling humiliated. He opened his mouth to snap back, but the speaker on the elevator clicked on and a woman's voice sounded through it, though it was muffled and distorted.

"He--o? Can you h--r m--e?" It was difficult to make out what she was saying. Taehyung lowered his hands and strained his ears to hear better. "You nee-- --ay still, o--ay?"

Namjoon, in his excitement, rushed over to where the speaker was. But as he did, the whole elevator shook violently and a cloud dust settled over their heads.

"Don't move!" Taehyung yelled. Namjoon froze mid-step and moved only his head to look at the speaker.

The woman's voice came again. "You need -- s-- still! It's ver-- --nstable! Help -- -- the way!"

"How long will we be in here?" Yoongi yelled.

"Rep--ments can ta-- hou--s..."

"What? Fix your damn microphone!"

There was a crackling, and then the boys were left in silence. But not even a moment passed before the box containing the boys began to shudder.

Yoongi's eyes widened in realisation before he shouted, "Namjoon, GET DOWN!"

Taehyung recognised what was happening and tackled the elder to the ground, gripping his arms tightly around Namjoon's waist and covering him as the entire elevator jerked. There was a large sound that resembled a cord snapping, and the box dropped several feet before snapping still. Some of the planks in the ceiling came crashing down and smashed over Taehyung's body, knocking him out when his head connected with one of them.

"Taehyung!" Yoongi went to move forward, a holding a hand outwards, but Namjoon stopped him.

"No, don't move! If you do, Tae won't be the only one you'll have to worry about," he shouted, trying to be heard not only over the clatter around him but also from being underneath his younger.

Yoongi swallowed but reluctantly nodded and very slowly moved into the safe crouch he was in before.

***

"--hyung! Taehyung!"

Taehyung opened his eyes. The world, split into two like a 3D film without the glasses, moved back and forth until finally settling into a still picture. Yoongi was bent over staring at him, Namjoon next to him. Both were overcome with worried expressions.

"What happened?" Taehyung mumbled. He was trying to figure out where he was, and why Yoongi seemed so much closer than Namjoon. It took him a minute, but he eventually figured out that his head was laying on the eldest's lap.

"You covered me from the planks in the ceiling," Namjoon said. "And you knocked me down before the elevator could with all its jerking."

Taehyung looked around him. The boys and himself were covered from head-to-toe in the dust, and Yoongi had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter