Chapter 25

When A Stranger Kisses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi uncle!” 

 

The tanned guy entered his uncle’s office as soon as he arrived the building of Chou’s Company. 

 

“Surprise to see you here, Tzuyu” said Mr.Minwoo who was busy with documents 

 

“Yup yup” Tzuyu sat on a leather chair across Mr.Minwoo’s table. “So, what’s for work today? Haha. Get it? What’s for work instead of what’s for dinner or lunch or whatever it is” he laughed 

 

Mr.Minwoo moved his eyes from the papers to his nephew, “You look bright this morning. Something happened back at the house?” 

 

Tzuyu started to spin around using the chair, “Hehe. Nothing” 

 

“It’s Sana isn’t it?” 

 

“Hehe. Maybe” 

 

“You guys are together now right?” 

“Hehe. Not quite. But we’re getting there” 

 

“Then you should thank me for sending you to Korea in the first place. If I didn’t, then you both wouldn’t have met which is I don’t know who you guys met” 

 

Tzuyu suddenly slammed his palms onto the table, “Then I should thank you again if you help me with something!” 

 

“What is it?” 

 

“I was thinking of, asking her out, on a date. But I don’t know how..” 

 

“You’re telling me that Chou Tzuyu doesn’t know how to ask a girl out on a date? Now that’s a surprise. I thought my nephew doesn’t know how to flirt with girls, that’s all” 

 

“Yah, uncle, not funny” he pouted 

 

“Okay lose the pout” 

 

Tzuyu pouted some more. 

 

“Alright I’ll help you. Looks like I have to find back my talent” 

 

“Pfft. You don’t have a talent” 

 

“Yes I do kiddo” 

 

“No you don’t” 

“Okay zip it Tzuyu. Get ready for a meeting later” 

 

“Fine” Tzuyu stood up and head his way towards the door. 

 

Before he exited the room, he suddenly turned around, “Oh ya. You did tell me that you wanted to tell me something important. What is it?” 

 

The old man’s smile dropped when the young man asked him the question. Was he ready to tell Tzuyu? 

 

Maybe yes. 

 

Maybe not. 

 

“I..  I forgot what I wanted t-to tell” he faked 

 

Tzuyu laughed, “You’re getting old uncle. Tell me when you remember it okay? See you later” 

 

Mr.Minwoo watched the tanned guy exciting his office room. Later, he sighed and loosened his tie. 

 

Flashback 

 

Few years ago when Tzuyu and Jeongyeon were still children. 

 

It was another bright day to visit the cemetery. Mr.Minwoo watched his nephew and niece standing by their father’s grave. He looked at how tight Tzuyu was holding his little sister’s hand and just looked at the name of their father written on the tombstone. 

 

He went towards the kids and caressed their heads, “You kids placed the flowers already?” 

“Yes uncle!” said Jeongyeon. “Look, the flowers are so beautiful!” 

 

He chuckled and caressed her cheek, “Yes indeed. Just like you” 

 

The little girl giggled. 

 

“Why don’t you go and wait in the car, Jeongie?” 

 

Jeongyeon nodded and ran to the car with the driver already waiting. Mr.Minwoo then sat down on his knee and looked at Tzuyu. 

 

“What’s in your mind little guy?” 

 

Tzuyu replied, “I’m just glad that the guy who poisoned appa is now in jail” 

 

Mr.Minwoo starting to feel regrets rising inside him. 

 

“You really love your dad right?” 

 

“Of course. Who doesn’t love their dad? Who doesn’t love their own family?” 

 

Mr.Minwoo’s smile dropped slowly with the bold question Tzuyu asked. 

 

“I know I’m just a kid but when I grow up, if I ever find this guy again, even his partners, or anyone who paid him to do it; I will get my revenge on him” 

 

The old man can feel his heartbeat increasing per second. 

 

“I’m hungry. Let’s grab McDonalds!” smiled Tzuyu 

 

Mr.Minwoo nodded and watched his nephew running back to the car. 

 

He whispered in the air, “I’m sorry Tzuyu, Jeongie” 

 

End of Flashback 

 

Now, he knew that he doesn’t have the guts to tell Tzuyu about the real situation. He can’t bear to watch them living happily under a lie the whole time. But he doesn’t have the courage to reveal the truth. 

 

He laid his back against the leather chair, “I’m really sorry..” 

************** 

 

It was lunchtime and certain young girl sitting alone at the cafeteria having her lunch. Usually she sits with someone but that person, 

 

“Is still in Europe” Jeongyeon pouted 

 

Fr : Nayeonnie To : Jeongie 

Hey Jeongie! My parents decided to extend our holiday here in Europe so I’ll return a little late. 

Don’t worry, I’ll buy you lots of goodies ^^ 

P.S : I prepared this text message few days ago due to lack of signal here. So I don’t know when you’re receiving this 

 

Jeongyeon puffed her cheeks as she read the message again from her phone. 

 

“Hey, you’re Jeongyeon right?” 

She lifted up her face when she heard a male voice. There she saw a familiar looking guy standing by her lunch table. 

 

“Yeah that’s me” she answered 

 

“Jeongyeon, Nayeon’s friend right?” he smiled 

 

‘Nayeonnie’s soon-to-be-lover to be exact’ 

 

“Yes. Why? And why do you look familiar?” she asked 

 

He chuckled, “No wonder you’re not screaming away like the other girls do. I’m Young K. From DAY6 band” 

 

“Ah right, the guitarist guy” 

 

“And the vocalist” he smiled. “Sorry to interrupt your lunch” 

 

“No worries. So how may I help you?” 

 

‘Please don’t ask anything about Nayeon coz she’s mine’ 

 

“Where is Nayeon?” he asked 

 

“She’s still in Europe for her Euro trip” 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter