004

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chances[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Junhui stopped, took a breath before stepping inside the famous restaurant. He exhaled and smiled to the waitress that waited at the entrance. “Mr Wen.”

“Hey, Mina. By chance, is there a table reserved under Kwon Soonyoung today?” The girl blinked and looked at the reservation book.

“Ah, yes. He supposed to be at table V10 on 10pm.” The waitress said. Junhui hummed as he looked at his watch. Few hours more. Junhui turned to the waitress.

“Mina. Do you have paper and pen?” The girl quickly took the stuffs and gave it to Junhui. Junhui wrote something before folded the paper and passed to Mina. “Give it to Mr Kwon 10 minutes to his arrival.” Mina blinked before nodding. Junhui gave a smile and thanked her before he left.

‘I don’t believe you remember and take serious of my word last year.’

 

 

Soonyoung walked out from his car. Locking it, his phone vibrated and he picked it up when he saw the caller. “Hello, Mr Chairman?”

“Soonyoung.” Soonyoung halted his step to the heavy tone from the caller.

“Yes?”

“I have sent you the earlier present for your birthday. I hope you will cherish it.” Soonyoung blinked.

“What?”

“Sorry, but I lied back then. I actually hear about you asking Jun for the dinner.” Soonyoung bit his lips. “And that night last year too.” Soonyoung stunned.

“Mr Jeon?”

“I’m not very sure if the present will be there but I’m sure tonight, everything will be cleared.” Soonyoung heard the soft exhale on the line. “I’m happy to have you as one of my employees and also friends, Soonyoung. Remember that.” Soonyoung smiled a little.

“I know. Thanks, Wonwoo.” Wonwoo hummed on the other line before hung up. Soonyoung slipped the phone and walked into the restaurant. He told his name and the waiter brought him inside. He was leaded to the reserved seat and he just smiled lightly seeing there’s no one at the table. “I guess it’s alone tonight.” Soonyoung commented to himself. The waiter asked for his order. Soonyoung gave a smile and told him to come for his order in 10 minutes. The waiter nodded and left. Soonyoung turned to the big window, watching the night sky. “A year and your heart didn’t budge a bit at all, Jun.”

 

 

A year ago

“Cheer for celebrating Kwon Soonyoung and Lee Hyunsik’s promotion.” Wonwoo said and the group of males raised their glass. Wonwoo turned to Soonyoung and the guy beside him. “Soonyoung, Hyunsik. Give some words.” The guy, Hyunsik got up first and thanked everyone that helped him becoming better and got promoted today as the new COO of MoZ Corporation. Later, Soonyoung took the baton on giving his speech.

“And lastly to the very special person that helped me achieving this spot, thank you. Cheers.” Soonyoung ended his speech as he made the toast. After sipping the wine, he looked at a direction and gave a smile. He winked, making the guy looked away. Soonyoung just chuckled silently. The congratulation party was going on with wines and dinner before they left one by one. Until Wonwoo, Soonyoung and Junhui were the only one remained.

“Are you okay, Wonwoo?” Junhui asked when he saw Wonwoo looked uncomfortable. Wonwoo just smiled.

“Dizzy, but I need toilet.” Junhui nodded and got up. He supported Wonwoo, in attempt to bring Wonwoo to the washroom. Soonyoung noticed that and watched them leaving before he also followed later. Wonwoo entered the washroom alone and Junhui waited outside as Wonwoo asked him to do so. Soonyoung noticed Junhui and came to him. Junhui stiffened when he saw Soonyoung.

“I thought you’re leaving, Kwon.” Soonyoung looked at Junhui.

“I just can’t leave yet, without talking to you.” Junhui looked at Soonyoung. “Are you really ignoring me?”

“Kwon ssi, I don’t ignore you but if you continue…”

“Why I can’t say it out loud? There’s nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to feelings.” Junhui exhaled.

“I rather said I live to serve Mr Jeon so feelings and dates are not my thing. I believe I don’t need it so I really hope you can give up-”

Soonyoung suddenly grabbed Junhui’s shoulder making Junhui paused. “I really like you, can’t you just accept that? Jun, I-” Soonyoung stopped when Junhui pushed his hands.

“I’m sorry.”

“But this is not fair. You didn’t give me any chance to show you that you need feelings. Because you’re human, human needs feelings.” Soonyoung said. Junhui exhaled.

“Kwon ssi.”

“You know, in a week… it’s your birthday.” Junhui startled. Soonyoung smiled. “See me for a week.”

“What?”

“I want to show you that I won’t give up. I really like you, no one had ever make me feel like this. Jun, we know each other for quite long. You basically are my whole life. What am I today, thanks to you.” Junhui looked away.

“You’re you, that has nothing to do with me.”

“Junhui.”

“A week… won’t change anything.” Soonyoung hummed.

“Yes, I agree but that’s not the end.” Junhui turned to Soonyoung. “It is my time. How about yours?”

“What?”

“Decide some duration and I will tell you about it.” Junhui frowned.

“What are you trying to do?”

“Just tell me your answer.” Junhui noticed the other male won’t back up from it so he just settled for something in the spur of moment.

“A year.” Soonyoung’s face changed a bit before he smiled softly.

“Okay, a year then. In a week, I will show to you that I’m serious. On your birthday, I will wait at this restaurant on 10 pm. If you accept my feeling, come. If not, don’t come. If you don’t come, I will use your time to win your heart. On your birthday next year, at the same place and time, it will be the same condition. Only then, I will give up if you don’t come.” Junhui stunned to Soonyoung’s words. The latter smiled. “I take that silent as agreeing to give me chances.” Soonyoung winked. Junhui startled.

“Wait, Kwon.”

“I won’t take any ‘no’ for now.” Soonyoung said as he waved his hand. The guy left Junhui dumbfounded there before Wonwoo came out from the washroom, snapping the dazed Junhui back to reality.

 

 

“Very rare but I’m glad I don’t need to rush you.” Eunwoo’s voice rang when she saw Mingyu was wearing his white shirt. The male was getting ready for his first day of work. Eunwoo placed the plastic of bread from the convenient store downstairs on the table. “Breakfast for working man. I have errands now, good luck for the first day, Gyu.”

“Thanks Eunwoo! I will totally pay you back.” Eunwoo just hummed and left. Mingyu rushed through preparing himself and taking the breakfast Eunwoo bought for him. Half of him was excited, half of him was anxious. Either way, he didn't running late as he arrived at the bus stop near his place. The bus he should hop on arrived a minute he stood at the bus stop. The bus was a bit full and Mingyu didn't get to sit. He stood in the middle, holding his bag. On the brighter side, the bus wasn't pack so Mingyu could stand in a good space. As he counted his heartbeat when the bus started to move, someone tapped his arm.

"I was waiting for you to greet me but I guess you didn't notice." Mingyu looked down at the person who sat near him. Mingyu blinked before smiling.

"Oh, I didn't notice. Morning Jeonghan ssi." The guy smiled.

"Morning. So I take that as you get the job?" Mingyu nodded happily. "Good for you. Congrats."

"Thank you." Mingyu looked at him for a while. "How long you have been boarding this bus to work?" Jeonghan smiled.

"Not for long. I had to use the bus because I moved to new place, before this I use the train." Mingyu nodded lightly. "I have been working for quite some time."

"Oh. I guess... you're older than me?" Jeonghan smiled.

"I can say that, you look young." Mingyu rubbed his nape.

"You're too." Jeonghan just smiled. They discussed some random topics before Mingyu noticed his stop was next. "Where you will stop?" Mingyu asked as Jeonghan didn't get down at the previous stop like before. He figured out maybe the last stop was just the place he met his friend and the workplace is somewhere else.

"It's the next stop." Jeonghan said. Mingyu raised his brow.

"Here?" Mingyu pointed to the sign. Jeonghan nodded. "Oh, I'm going down as well."

"Really? Where are you working at?"

"MoZ." Jeonghan chuckled.

"We're rival yet friend." Mingyu raised his brow. Jeonghan smiled and gestured Mingyu to get down as the bus stopped. The two got down with few other people. Jeonghan turned to Mingyu once they're on the ground. "My company is two blocks away from MoZ and it's Juji Corp." Mingyu blinked.

"Juji..."

"Well-known rival to MoZ." Jeonghan said with a chuckle. "Anyway, I'm not a big people in there so I guess it's fine if we're friends?" Jeonghan said as he held out his hand. Mingyu looked at it before smiling. He took the hand.

"Of course, I'm also a mere worker just to start working today." Jeonghan laughed and the hands parted.

"Go now, you will be late. Meet you around, Mingyu."

"Oh, yeah. Good luck for today." Jeonghan nodded and walked to the opposite direction. Mingyu watched him leaving and walked the other way. He took a deep breath, feeling nervous. 'It's fine, Kim Mingyu. You're just fine.'

 

 

Soonyoung twirled the pen in his hand mindlessly. Confined his own office, Soonyoung was distracted ever since he came to the office. His mind was occupied with the incident yesterday. He ended up alone at the restaurant like his hunch but a letter that came shockingly makes him thinking. Soonyoung's eyes fell on the letter beside his hand as he stopped twirling the pen.

Soonyoung,

I'm sorry even though I already told you nothing will change but I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry. I'm incapable to feel such feelings. My life wasn't mine and my time has been decided. The best thing I could do for you is asking you to give up and find someone else. You're a good friend and I'm sorry that I have to hurt you. Love is not my aim for living, I'm alive to serve Wonwoo, the only one reason that I'm still breathing. I'm sorry, Soonyoung. Ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter