003

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The fate[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

“Kim Mingyu!” Mingyu groaned and hid inside the blanket even more. A thump of footsteps came closer and his room’s door creaked open. Mingyu pretended to be sleeping, he wanted to try to get some more minutes of sleep. “Oh my gosh, Kim! Wake up or you will be late, you lazy .” Mingyu groaned louder when he was kicked to wake up.

“Ugh, 5 minutes.”

“No, not when you will be late if you don’t get ready in 5.” Mingyu stiffened and jolted out from his hiding.

“What time is it?”

“7.45 am, and you have job interview on 9 where it takes about an hour to reach the place.” Mingyu shrieked and scrambled out from bed. The best friend of his shook her head and watched as Mingyu stumbled into the bathroom. “I’ll put the spare key back to its place. There’s bread on the table, do grab it before you go.”

“Thanks, Eunwoo yah. You’re a life-saver.”

“Go get the job and pay my service as your loyal best friend.” Mingyu rolled his eyes to the answer and he heard the main door was closed, indicating his best friend already left. Eunwoo lived next to his unit; they’re friends since high school. After knowing each other for a little while back in high school, they discovered they’re a very distant family but yet related so it had tighten the bond between the two. They had live independently away from their family back in Anyang and came to Seoul attending college as business major and graduated unemployed. While seeking for a job, they worked in the café owned by their closed senior.

And today, Mingyu secured a job interview in a company and he hoped that it will go well so he could have a more comfortable life. It’s not like the pay at the café didn’t meet his monthly expenses but he didn’t really want his effort finishing college got him nowhere so he wanted to work in a company, at least. While Eunwoo didn’t really mind about it as she loves working at the café.

Once Mingyu got ready, he realized he’s almost late. But he managed to grab the bread Eunwoo mentioned early and quickly left the house after locking the door. He rushed through his way.

Maybe he was lucky that day; he was able to catch on the bus he needed to get on in order for him to make it on time. The bus was semi-packed as most of the people got on the earlier bus. Mingyu was able to get a seat at the second last row. When he sat down, he got a message. Mingyu glanced at the route before checking his phone.

From Eun-annoying-woo:
Good luck charm from your best friend. I always know you’re such a
great talker and got many charms but remember not to be crossing
the line. You should know when to be polite. Go get the job! Fighting!

Mingyu just smiled and replied to her.

To Eun-annoying-woo:
 Okay, mom. Thanks and thanks again for taking my shift today.

Mingyu slipped the phone back into his pocket and his hand accidentally hit the guy who was sitting beside him. “Uh, sorry.”

“It’s okay.” The guy smiled and Mingyu just noticed the guy beside him was kinda pretty in his own way. The bobbed hair enhanced his beauty even more. ‘How could a guy be pretty like him?’ “Are you okay?”

Mingyu startled. “Uh, yeah. I’m fine, sorry.”

“Never mind. So… you’re going to work?” Mingyu blinked before casually slipped into the conversation.

“Oh, no. I’m on the way for an interview. If I passed, then soon I will be an office worker too. How about you?” Mingyu gave a smile. The guy smiled back.

“I’m on the way to meet an important friend.” The guy paused. “Good luck for the interview.”

“Oh, thank you… uh-”

“Ah, it’s Jeonghan.” The guy smiled.

“Mingyu. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, Mingyu. If you get the job and ride this bus in the future, we will meet because I also use this bus to work.”

“You work in a company?” Jeonghan smiled and nodded.

“Yes, I do but today I took a day off.” Mingyu formed an O. “Anyway, my stop is here. Meet you again?” Jeonghan said when the bus started to slow down. Mingyu blinked and gave Jeonghan the way to go out.

“Uh, sure. If I got the job.” Jeonghan smiled.

“I think you will. Good luck.”

“Thanks.” Jeonghan waved a goodbye and got down the bus. Mingyu blinked few times and didn’t believe himself that he made a friend with a stranger on the bus. ‘Perhaps a good start of my day.’ Mingyu smiled inwardly and focused on the route as he will get down next.

 

 

“Junjun!” Junhui closed his eyes in annoyance and pushed the guy who hugged him suddenly. Wonwoo bit back a laugh as he watched the annoyed face.

“Mr CMO nim, we have Mr Chairman here.” Junhui gave a crooked smile as he made a clear distance away from Soonyoung. Soonyoung pouted but then turned to Wonwoo.

“Nice to meet you, Mr Jeon.” Wonwoo just nodded. Soonyoung’s attention was back at Junhui. “Junjun.”

“How many times I need to say don’t call me that?” Soonyoung pouted.

“But- uh, hum. Anyway, good that we have Mr Jeon today. Representative from France had arrived today and I think they might push forward the meet up. I have gone through with your assistant to make sure it won’t a problem in case they really request for an early meeting and if it happens, I’m sure they want to meet Mr Jeon too.” Junhui nodded.

“Noted on that. Thanks, Kwon.” Soonyoung nodded and then sighed.

“When you will ever call me just by my name, Junjun?” Junhui shot a glare.

“In your dream. And stop calling that name!” Wonwoo stifled a laugh and Junhui glared at him while Soonyoung clicked his tongue before smirking.

“So you hope me be dreaming of you?” Junhui gave Soonyoung a look.

“What the- Mr CMO nim, if you have no other things to do in my room, I hope you can leave.” Junhui said through his gritted teeth and Soonyoung nodded, knowing he shouldn’t push through more or he might end up with a bruise anywhere on his skin. But that didn’t stop him from giving a flying kiss and a wink to Junhui before he left. Junhui was very tempted to cast a spell on that stupid guy and Wonwoo didn’t help at all when he started to laugh as soon as Soonyoung closed the door. “The , Jeon?”

Wonwoo chuckled. “He’s very handy to take care.” Junhui rolled his eyes.

“Very, very annoying. I shouldn’t agree to you when you make him as the CMO.” Wonwoo shrugged.

“But you know it better than me that he’s very good in his job.” Junhui scoffed.

“I have no problem with him except that flirty side of him. And very annoying on the top.” Wonwoo chortled and looked at Junhui. Both of them knew Soonyoung for quite some time and they’re friends.

“He’s just a head over heel for you. Why don’t you give him a chance?” Junhui scoffed.

“No, I’m not interested and yet do I have a privilege to be in a relationship? That’s not even a choice, Wonwoo.” Wonwoo stayed silent over Junhui’s words. Junhui noticed the lack of response and turned, feeling guilty. “Wonwoo, I didn’t mean that way. I-”

“No, it’s okay. I get it what you’re trying to say but…” Wonwoo smiled. “You have a choice to enjoy your life while living to help and protect me, Jun.” Wonwoo hummed. “That’s a choice. Don’t deny that.” Junhui exhaled.

“I just don’t see the need and even if I do, I won’t be with that annoying guy.” Wonwoo just chuckled.

“I can imagine you two will make a cute pair.”

“Jeon Wonwoo!” Wonwoo laughed when Junhui used his magic to throw the pillow on him. Wonwoo managed to catch it and continued laughing. The CEO decided to ignore the teasing chairman and continued his work in silence.

 

 

“Mingyu!” Mingyu chuckled when Eunwoo greeted him excitedly. “How’s the interview?”

“Good I guess?”

“Did you get accepted?”

“The result will be told through phone call in two days.” Eunwoo formed an O. “Need help?”

“Totally, next rush hour is coming.” Mingyu grinned.

“Okay, I’m going to change my cloth.” Mingyu walked away into the staff room. He actually had the rest of the day off, courtesy of his boss, but he felt bad for Eunwoo so he decided to come and help. Mingyu changed his cloth. His eyes fell on the picture pasted inside of his locker. Mingyu just smiled lightly. “Hey mom. I got an interview today, I think I did great. I will get the job, right? I hope you will be happy this time. I will make sure I could give dad a great life. He should stop working, right?” Mingyu touched the picture with a soft smile. His mother suddenly died two years ago because of lung cancer. It was a sudden death and Mingyu couldn’t accept the truth at first, thanks to his father and Eunwoo, he overcame it and learnt to let go.

Mingyu closed the locker and stepped out. Eunwoo was serving a customer. Mingyu entered behind the counter. Eunwoo saw him. “I will manage the counter, make the order, Gyu.”

“Roger.”

 

 

Junhui entered his office after a meeting. He frowned when he couldn’t find Wonwoo at the couch in his office. Not that Wonwoo didn’t have his own office in the company, but Junhui preferred having Wonwoo in his room for safety measure even though there’s a team of assistant – that consists of people acted secretaries, bodyguards and drivers – could do. Wonwoo on the other hand knew there’s another reason why. The CMO.

“Wonwoo?” Junhui called. No answer. He reached to his table and pressed a button on the intercom. “Hey, Yuna. Did you see Mr Chairman leave my office?”

“No, sir.”

“Okay, thanks.” Junhui pressed another button to cut the connection and pulled out his phone, calling Wonwoo’s phone. He walked towards a hidden door in his office, it was a small room for him to sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter