002

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Our Beginning[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Past

“Your Majesty, the prince is born.” The king turned with a relief smile.

“Really? How’s the queen?”

“She’s okay, still a bit tired.” The king nodded.

“I want to see them.” The servant nodded and led the way. The king walked behind him with a happy smile. They entered a room. The king heard the sound of crying. Soon, he was presented with a baby wrapped warmly in a blanket. The maid gave the baby to the king. He looked at the baby.

“My prince.” The king smiled and left a kiss on the small forehead. The baby stopped crying and flailed his caged small hands to reach his father’s face.

“Your Majesty, you haven’t decided a name yet.” The maid said. The king looked at her.

“True.” The king turned back to the baby. The little one had stopped crying completely and seemed like had been sleeping in his father’s warmth. The king smiled. “Wonwoo. I’m naming him after my late brother, may he became as strong as him. You two will be his guardian, to teach, to protect and to make him strong.”

The maid nodded and the servant bowed. “We will take care of Prince Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

 

“Prince, don’t go play too far.” The male that had been following the 10 years old kid said. There were few other servants behind his back. “Prince Wonwoo.”

“Ajusshi, do you know where is Eunwoo right now?” The male blinked.

“Princess Eunwoo? If she is not in her room then she must be playing in the royal yard.”

“I want to find her and play the new kite.” The male exhaled.

“Okay, let’s find her but can you promise me not to run? I’m tired, prince.” The kid beamed and slowed down his pace. As they walked, a lady met them at the corner from the opposite way. The kid smiled happily when he saw the lady.

“Ajumeoni!” The kid ran to the lady. The male earlier tried to stop him but it was a futile effort. The lady just let the kid hugged her.

“Prince, you shouldn’t run.”

“I’m just happy. It had been a while since I last see you.” The lady ruffled the kid’s hair and looked up. Her eyes met the male servant. The male nodded.

“I got orders from Your Majesty for something. I’m sorry that I need to leave for long.” The kid pouted.

“Why abamama needs you? He has more servants, omamama said you’re my people.” The kid commented. The lady smiled.

“You didn’t know but I’m a fighter before I worked as Your Highness’s maid. There are some things that I could do for Your Majesty and he trusted me for that.” The lady picked up the kid. “Don’t worry, prince. No matter what I will be with you. Only death will take me from you, my prince.” The kid beamed. “So where you’re going?”

“I want to play with Eunwoo.” The lady nodded.

“Let’s go then.” The lady put him down and took his hand. She turned to the male and he nodded. He dismissed the other servants before following the lady and the kid from behind.

“Eunwoo yah~” The boy pulled his hand away and skipped towards the girl that two years younger than him. The girl was tackled down by the boy.

“Oppa! You startled me.” The boy giggled.

“What are you doing here, Eunwoo?”

“I’m playing.” Eunwoo showed her wooden dolls. “But then I saw a new kid in the palace, Wonwoo oppa.” Wonwoo tilted his head.

“Kid?” Wonwoo imagined a new kid as a young servant.

“A boy. There.” Eunwoo pointed her finger and Wonwoo turned to look. Over there, there’s a boy that was slightly taller than Eunwoo but shorter than Wonwoo. The boy looked clueless and pretty much lost but what caught Wonwoo’s attention was the boy’s attire. It wasn’t servant attire.

As the kids’ conversation caught the lady’s attention, she turned to see what they’re looking at. She blinked. “Oh, my. I forgot.” The lady walked towards the new boy. The new boy noticed her.

“Hyesoo-nim.” The lady smiled.

“Sorry, I totally forgot that I need to you from the gate, boy. I met the prince.” The boy nodded. Just then, Eunwoo and Wonwoo made their ways to them. The boy looked at them.

“Ajumeoni, who is he?” The lady looked at the two royal kids before turning back to the new boy.

“Give your respect, boy.” The new boy quickly bowed.

“Your Highness, prince and princess, introducing myself, Kim Mingyu, Minister Kim’s second son. I’m nine years old.” The new boy said in deep respect, not resembling his age at all when he sounded so mature. The prince looked at the boy before turning to the lady. While at the same time, the princess was enchanted by the authority in the new boy’s voice.

“This is the order from the King, Your Majesty wanted me to find a strong kid to be trained as your personal bodyguard, prince.” Wonwoo frowned.

“Why? I have you, I have ajusshi. You two are great enough to fight and protect me.” The lady patted Wonwoo’s head.

“We’re getting older and you’re the sole heir to be the King in the future. Your Majesty wanted to make sure you’re well-protected until that day. And this boy is offered as your loyal knight and at the same time as a friend.” Wonwoo tilted his head and turned to the Mingyu boy.

“Friend?” Mingyu nodded.

“I will be your friend, your sparring partner and everything you wanted. I pledge my loyalty to you, prince.” The lady smiled. She knew she had picked the best one for this. Mingyu had a strong, loyal yet warm and passionate heart, and she noticed Mingyu was a fighter.

“Oppa.” Eunwoo poked Wonwoo’s side. Wonwoo turned. “I like friends. We can play many games.” Eunwoo gave a smile to Mingyu. Mingyu smiled back. Wonwoo turned to Mingyu.

“Friend, then.” Wonwoo held out his hand and Mingyu beamed, shaking their hands. The two boys giggled followed by Eunwoo. The lady smiled to see the things she wanted happening smoothly.

That’s the start of the strong yet poisonous friendship of the three innocent kids.

 

 

“One! Two!” The two 17 years old boys were training like usual in the morning. There’s a man watched them closely. “One! Two!” The counting continued.

“Prince, fix your left hand angle.” One of the boys jerked a bit and quickly moved accordingly. The swords in their hands shone under the sun. “Mingyu! Focus.” Mingyu flinched when he was caught glancing at the prince.

“One! Two!”

“Louder!”

“ONE! TWO!”

“Oppa!” The trainer turned and saw the princess.

“Princess Eunwoo, your brother and his friend are training right now. Can you wait?” The trainer said softly. Eunwoo pouted.

“But it’s about the time for them to rest already.” The princess said as she stood under the sun and showed her shadow. “See?” The trainer sighed.

“Okay.” The trainer turned to the boys. “We will continue practice tomorrow.” The boys grinned and nodded before the trainer left. Eunwoo beamed as she walked to them.

“Thanks, sister!” Wonwoo said and squeezed Eunwoo in tight hug. Eunwoo squeaked.

“Oppa, let me go! Too tight.”

“Oh, haha sorry.” Wonwoo released her. Eunwoo turned and smiled to Mingyu.

“I’m just done with cooking class. I made something.” Eunwoo said and turned to her servant. The lady came with a basket. “Let’s eat?”

“My pleasure, princess.” Mingyu said. Eunwoo beamed and pulled them to sit at the garden not too far from their training yard. They sat and Eunwoo started to give them food. “What is this?”

“It’s bread.” Eunwoo said. “Euh, I forgot the name she mentioned just now.” Wonwoo chuckled.

“You can’t even remember the name of food you do. Just lucky you got the perfect skill and never miss out any ingredient while cooking.” Eunwoo pouted.

“I’m not sure you’re mocking me or praising me, oppa.” Wonwoo grinned. Mingyu hummed.

“Delicious. That’s a compliment.” Eunwoo grinned and hugged Mingyu. Mingyu startled while Wonwoo watched them.

“Great, I’m happy that you like it.” Eunwoo said as she released the hug. She turned to Wonwoo. “What do you think of the food, oppa?”

Wonwoo smiled and nodded. “Mingyu didn’t lie.” The boys’ eyes met and shared a small smile. Eunwoo was oblivious to the look and continued feeding herself plus eating together. They enjoyed their times together. Ever since Mingyu was brought into the palace to be their playmates as well as trained hard for personally became the prince’s bodyguard, the three had been a good friend and the boys were exceptionally closed.

They ate in silence before Eunwoo talked. “Oppa.” Wonwoo turned to her. “Abamama came to find me last night.”

“Why?” Wonwoo was interested to the sudden topic. Eunwoo hummed.

“Abamama missed mom.” Wonwoo formed an O and turned to the bushes of flowers. “Did oppa remember anything about my mom?” Wonwoo exhaled.

“I’m still young back then. But I remember she’s so kind and pretty. Also her warm embrace.” Wonwoo turned to Eunwoo. “And she looks like you… omamama always said that, I feel like it too.” Mingyu was just listening to them.

“Abamama also said the same things. He saw mom every time he saw me.”

“Omamama tells me abamama loves your mom first before her.” Eunwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter