Chapter 5

Catching Feelings

"Actually, I don't live with my parents."

After succeeded going in my apartment, we went upstairs directly. My room was the one in the left side of the second floor, so if you see it from outside, it is the one room you could see from a narrow street beside my apartment building.

"Where are your parents?" He asked 
"They're passed away."
I stopped for a while before I opened the door.

"Aah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

"Do you mind coming in to my small apartment?"
I cut his words when he was feeling uncomfortable because of bringing such a topic.

"Is it okay?"
"What?"
"I mean... It's midnight already and.. you know you invite a boy to your room?"

I looked at him smiling because of my appreciation. It's good to know that he had hesitation to enter my room. Just so I know he wasn't that type who wants to make raucous things at night.

"You take me home by the way, still you hesitates now?"
"A..ani..yo. Just..." He rubbed his spine, not to hide his nervousness, but to show it even clearer.
"Come on in. You just want to change your clothes right?"

I got in first and put my bag on its hanger behind the door. I saved my shoes on the small wooden cabinet besides the door and rushed into the living room to switched the heater on. He was still standing there when I checked him out and left to the bathroom. I set the water warmer that he could use to wash himself a little and prepared a small towel.

When I got out from the bathroom, I found him still standing in front of my door, but inside. He was there sightseeing the living room, the very first room from the door which only consists of TV set, a sofa, and a cabinet. The only decoration he would see just my family photos and some of my childhood photos. Through the cabinet, he could directly saw the dining table and the kitchen. A table which was one set with a cupboard above it was put to separate the kitchen and the bedroom.

He spotted me seeing at him and I gave him signal to come over as I go the the cupboard across my bed to take his sweater and search for some other trousers he could use.

"You can use the bathroom. I had warmed the water in case you want to wash yourself."
I told him while I give him his sweater plus my oversized training which I ever bought from online shop. I hoped it would fit him.
While he was in the bathroom, I made 2 cups of tea. It's because I need it too after work, and I just loved when I brew tea, the aroma would fill my room and give me some relaxing feeling.

I could hear that he was showering right now, maybe he was enjoying the warm water to relief his cold. I was finding my pajama to wear when he came out from the bathroom. He was busy fixing the training which probably a bit tight on him. The sweater saved him because it's loose enough to cover him until half of his thighs. Feeling good enough, he continued drying his hair with the towel roughly, so the fragrance filled up the room pretty fast.

"So fresh." He told me with his nasal sound that makes me chuckled. I gave him some vitamin I could find on my drawer. Some imune booster, vitamin C, and a liquid concoction.

"Drink this first to make your body warm." I told him while giving him the concoction first.
He was smiling all the way, rubbed his nose before took what I gave him.

"It's fun..."
"What?"

"Knowing you..."

I suddenly realized and started wondering why I opened up to him so easily. Am I making myself so cheap in front of him?

"You're so cheesy."
"No... I didn't even put an effort. It's you, right?" He teased me while into the concoction.
"Yaa! I could kick you out right now."

He held my foot when I tried to kick his . That made me lose my balance. Reflect, I grabbed his hand to support my weight before I fell down.

"You should learn some taekwondo." He said with his laughter while helping me to stand.

"Stop it, I want to take a bath."
 I left to the bathroom and exploded my emotion without making noise.

Ya! you dumb girl why you invite him here before!

I was showering and finished it quickly. Thinking about how I should send him out made my mind restless. When I went out from the bathroom, I saw him holding the tea cup on his right hand while the other hand holding one of my SHINee album.

"Yaa! Put it back." I shouted to him in a soft voice but demanding.

"What's your favorite on this album?" He asked ignoring my words while showing me Lucifer album.
I was trying to grab it from his hand, while he was making fun of me by taking it up high until I couldn't reach it even if I jumped.

"Do Kyungsoo.. please."
"Please what, Han Sora?"

"Give it back and go.."

He freezed after hearing my words and put the cup on the cabinet near my bed. He stared at me with more serious look this time.
"I'll go..."

"I'll order online taxi for..."
"Don't need to." He told me coldly.

I was unable to let out any word, suprised because of his response.

"At least let me borrow this album and find your favorite song."

I didn't say yes, but he took my silence as yes already. He was taking a plastic bag of his wet clothes before and headed to the living room, making me following him like his tail.
I could see him wearing his wet shoes back again, and I lead his way until the front door of my apartment.

We both said nothing and the atmosphere turned awkward so bad.


He broke the ice, with even an icier action. He bowed to me 90 degrees and said thank you in honorifics.

 


I blinked my eyes a couple time while seeing him walking further.

Han Sora, what a clumsy night it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's just another Monday. It's just another ordinary Monday.

I kept convincing my self to play pretend just like everyday. Even if I should face my teacher later to tell excuses why I was absent on Friday. Let's just say I was sick. Sick of going to school and meet those brats for exactly. 

Since the first step I took outside my apartment, I couldn't lie but to keep my eyes opened, seeing if somebody would pop out of nowhere. Do Kyungsoo did mention that his house near mine, right? But why I never seen him around here?
Maybe it's just me who never cares.

Then why now I started caring?

I took the bus to school from the bus stop near the cafe I work in. The cafe starts open after noon. I wait there for 5 minutes before my bus finally picked all the passengers up. It was always crowded, and I always choose the spot near the door, not in women's area. It's just even more crowded there. After 10 minutes, I arrived at the nearest bus stop to my school. I walked slowly, just to make it on time.

Ontime, in my dictionary, is to come right to the latest time allowed so I don't spend time too much in class.
 
It's nearly 8 when I strolled along the corridor, when I could see Jang seosangnim came from the opposite direction. I walked faster and stormed into the class at the same time the bell rang. 

I was surprised a bit when I'm getting nearer, because I found Do Kyungsoo sit besides my seat.
When I looked around, everyone stared at me and making me sit besides him without any protest.

Lee JangWoo, the class president, lead the greeting to Jang seosangnim and he told us to open the book.


We stared at each other for a while when we wanted to take books from our bag. I didn't have any plan to start the conversation with him, but it's his presence beside me which annoyed me so I couldn't think normally.


The class skipped so fast with me taking notes, and draw doodles on my notes. Just random doodles, like my name, flowers, or some motives I have ever seen. Somehow when I realized it, I spotted a tiny love sign on the corner just what I was doing at that moment.


I hurriedly covered the love sign with ink until it became an awkward circle at the corner. When I finished it, I found him watching what I just did. His eyebrows pulled together as if he was saying that I am a freak girl. I was so embarrassed and looked at my text book instead and doing nothing just to hid my face.

"You should do the task quickly, it should be submitted by now." He whispered before he stood up and submitted his book to the table in front of the class, followed by other students.

I looked at the task, a 20-number-multiple-choice about crustacean. I did crossing all the answers as quickly as I can, but Jang seosangnim asked who hadn't submitted it right now.

"It's C, D, A, A."

He pointed the answers with his index finger when I was busy with crossing. I finally hurried up submitting my book to the front. I bowed to Jang Seosangnim just to ease his mind and escaped my self back to my seat.

"I had an appointment now, so you guys can take your break time earlier. Don't forget to make your resume and submit it on our next meeting."
After we said our greeting, Jang seosangnim went out from the class with quite fast walk. I was relieved a little and looked at him who is now tidying up his table.

"Gomawo, Do Kyungsoo."

Although my voice barely sounds because the others were making louder voices.

"Stop it, everyone. I told you earlier, let's wrap it here." 
He's saying with a loud voice.

I was confused,
Well, it's not me he's talking to.

"Kyung, hope you get a grip of yourself so soon."

"I get it well right now, Hyunsik."

He replied it with cold stares to the whole class. I froze there not knowing what just happened. Everyone finally went out from the class, leaving me behind with him.

"Stop playing dumb and deaf, Han Sora."

I finally realized the reason why he said things like before. It's because everyone started gossiping about us. Accusing me doing bad things to affect him and turn him against them. Moreover, he showed it just like today throughout his actions.
They called me names. It's something I was accustomed to, so I don't have any problem with it anymore.

"I told you to stay away from me."

"No, I won't."

Even though his eyes seemed so cold and fierce, I found something inside them that made me feel safe and weak at the same time.
"Don't pity me..."

"I pitied you all this time,"

"Then, don't."

"Not anymore,
.
.
.
 I'll be here beside you instead,"

His words almost sound like a plea. So soothing with his voice, as if it could heal
all my wound.

"I told you I don't like cheesy things."

"Whatever you'll say,  I'll just be here, just please don't ditch me like the others."

I was so hipnotized by his eyes when suddenly I felt my tears were flowing, but I held it just so they couldn't drop.

"What for?"

"To learn how to ditch people from you. Moreover, I become comfortable with the relationship we are in."

"What relationship? I don't even think that you're my friend."

"Don't call me friend if you don't want to then. Maybe later you can call me better."

He chuckled and try to wipe my tears. I smashed his hand while chuckled too.

"Aigoo this girl."

He hissed while seeing me turning my head to wipe my tears. I should say, I let him to be this closer to me. Not even anyone I have let to have conversation as much as I had with him this past days. Not after that incident.

"There's rules, still. If you want to stay."

He stared at me calmly and asked in his deep voice, always like almost a whisper.

"No speaking to me at class, no staring at me at class, no helping me in front of others or teachers,"

He was narrowing his vision into me, but then he replied.

"Now my turn, I can come whenever I want to see you."

"Only see? "
"Yes, only see."

Then we made a promise with our fingers.

A promise I never knew before will make me so attached to him.