one

⎾ D E V O T I O N ⏌
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the first day

"... please stay 6 feet away ! "

im 's mansion,  early in the morning.  

Jaebum had a cocky smile when the bodyguard are searching on Jinyoung's body, in front of his house entrance. "Do you seriously need to do this?" Jinyoung glare at Jaebum. But rather than Jaebum, the guard is the one that responded to him. "I'm sorry , Sir, this is a procedure." After Jinyoung is cleared, He later gesture Jinyoung to come inside. Jinyoung swear that  he would love to slap the smile out of his besfriend face in a flash.

The reason why Im house does have a tight security, considering Mr. Im is the Changwon Mayor. Every six month, the guard usually being replaced by the new one. It's the common procedure, but it is known that the Mayor himself have a personal bodyguard that he trust his life with.  

"Morning, Oppa!" The petite girl came with two cups of tea on her hand. And just like that Jinyoung automatically curved a smile on his face, she shove one of the cup to Jinyoung, in which he gladly accepted it. "Have you had your breakfast? Do you want to join us?" she asked, just when Jinyoung was about to answer , she locked her arms on his and pulls him along to the dining table. 

Mr. and Mrs. Im  welcome Jinyoung and told him to take a seat. Jinyoung had ride to school with Jaebum pretty much, forever. They've been bestfriend since they were a baby, probably an infant, since their house is next to each other and their parents are friends. Through those riding together to school, it is a rare sight to have everyone sit on the dining table like this. 

"I know what you're thinking" Mrs. Im said. "I could totaly see it in your eyes." she said again.

"See, Mom! i told you, it's too much!" Nayeon nagged as she takes the last bite of her rice. 

"It's a tradition, come on you know that, righ, Jinyoung ah?" Mr. Im daughter then take a sip of his coffee. 

"You should eat some too!" Mrs. Im offered Jinyoung the food. 

"I'm good , auntie!" Jinyoung rubs his belly showing how filled he is already.

"Nayeon first day as a high schooler, how cool is that huh?" Jaebum sister.

"Oh please, it's not like it's my first day to day care either!" she whines. "And does, letting your best friend being searched by the guard, in front of our freaking door was also a tradition, Oppa?"

"Well, it's fun though. And yes, it is a tradition whenever we had a new team of guard, we let them searched on everyone. Besides i do like how Jinyoung being so petty about it!" Jaebum laughed, followed by his parents. 

"Jinyoung ah, we're sorry about that! I'll tell the guard to stop search on you okay" Mrs. Im said, she then whack the back of Jaebum's head. 

"Have you check everything? Your belongings?" Mr. Im asked Nayeon. 

She wakes up from her seat and waddles to the counter to recheck her bag. "I think I'm good"

"Jaebum , don't forget to your sister to her class. Be  a good brother for once" Mrs. Im add. 

Jaebum snickers and also get up from his seat, went to the kitchen to take his car key and his bag. Jinyoung follows him and leans on the counter , he knew it's going to be another Im-siblings showing their love kind of time.

Jaebum put his bag on his shoulder "Do i look like a baby sitter?" 

"Excuse you, I also don't need your insincere lazy  guidance!" 

"Oh really, are you sure? Don't you dare to call me to asked where's girls room are!"

"I don't need to, i have the map with me!" she waves the school map on her hand then put it back on her bag pocket. 

"Nerd!"

"And besides, Jinyoung Oppa could help me, right... Oppa?" Nayeon gives her puppy eyes look on Jinyoung. He swear his heart melt everytime she does that, his face turns red and quickly nods. 

After many arguments in the car ride Jinyoung, Jaebum and Nayeon are finally arrived at Jinhae-Gu High School. Jaebum parked his Mercedez and three of them get out. Nayeon especially very excited as she looks around. Jaebum rolls his eyes while Jinyoung silently admiring how cute Nayeon is. 

"Your first class is Biology right? Jinyoung can take you there." Jaebum said. 

"You're not coming?" Jinyoung asked. 

"I gotta go to the demon's lair, my dad wants me to give this to them" he answered while waving a brown envelope. 

"What's that?" 

"I don't know, probably a bribe so i can stay and graduated from this school" He laughs then waves at both of them. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter