chapter 14

Halloween ever after

And so once again we found ourselves huddling down in the basement. The fire was going in the fireplace, thank all the sweet candy for that, because without it, we most certainly would have frozen to death. 

The temperatures had continued to drop, so much so that they were asking everyone to stay inside on the t.v. Urging residents and citizens to please, for the love of all they held dear, just stay indoors. 

As it stood, the temperatures had apparently dropped to - 10 celsius.Which for you fahrenheit speaking people was the equivalent of 14 degrees fahrenheit, and I can already hear you hardcore winter lovers complaining that 14 degrees fahrenheit wasn't even that cold, but here's the thing, we'd gone from like 26 degrees fahrenheit to 14 in the space of two hours, and according to the forecasts we would only continue dropping. So yeah. It was frigging cold. 

So cold that we were huddled together as close as we could safely get to the fireplace, little baby in Jinyoungs lap while Lilee rested on Minseoks lap. The kids were all also close to the fire, while some of the boys, like Chanyeol and Jaebum and Jackson and Yifan and Mark made a protective barrier by pulling the couch off the wall and stacking cushions high so the heat had less room to escape. 

Physics in action.

So there we were, shivering our body heat away, huddled and cuddled together whilst outside but some miles away a vampire stood ready for battle.

She was one badass woman. With a sword. Because swords were necessary for fighting frost demons. 

" Like what are frost demons even anyway?" Dean asked me.

I turned to glare at her," why would you ask that?" I hissed, " now what if they hear you and decide to come show us what they are?"

Ok,so maybe I was super paranoid, but could you really blame me? Seriously? I mean halloween had apparently come to life and was here to stay, we had a few werewolves watching over us and a real life vampire fighting for us. So excuse me for being paranoid. 

Dean pouted and whined at me, " don't be mad at me? I'm stupid. I'm sorry. Love me again?"

I snorted, and pulled her close into my arms, " I'll always love you, you idiot. Now shut up, I'm trying to listen to Jongin read,"

She giggled, but shut up and laid her head on my shoulder,both of us soon eveasdropping on the book Jongin was reading to the five girls and Sehun.  And while we did that...

Khazz did the fighting of frost demons.

We of course never got the chance to witness the magnificence that was Khazz in full angry vampire warrior mode, but had we, well, let's just say we would have all been aptly awed and terrified.

She was out there standing with her two swords crossed across her back and daggers at her hips, hair in some sick micro braids, tied up in a ponytail, eyes flashing a most soft amber hue, fangs out. 

She was standing at the crossroads. She'd wait for them and then she'd slay them,.....she was a vampire slayer.::snort:: get it? like she was a vampire and a slayer not .. never mind, sorry, I digress. As I was saying, she'd decided to wait for the frost demons at a street not five miles away and then she'd fight them, and let none by her.

And in the event that she did, well, then she was counting on Jodie and crew to keep us safe. At least until Junma and crew arrived to save us.

She was standing there looking fierce and fine as hell.. ha!.. fine as hell.. get it.. she's a vampire so fine as h.. never mind, sorry, I digress again. She was standing there looking fierce and fine as hell. Just over on the horizon she could see the cloud of grey approaching. The frost demons. No, they weren't white. They charcoal and smog,rather ironic considering one would generally  icesociate.. sorry, sorry, I couldn't resist, one would generally associate frost demons with like the colour white for snow and ice. But no, these bad boys were all charcoal and smog, coming in shrouded in an ice cold fog.

" I'm afraid I can't let you any further boys," Khazz said pulling both her swords out and assuming a fighting stance " I think this war you've waged is rather pointless. I don't like fighting senseless wars. So you can turn around and go back to your realm, or fight me, die and end up back in your own realm anyway. So? What's it gonna be boys?"

They of course, figured they'd fight her.

And man oh man was it a fight.

Like her swords were all swish! swoosh!! and then her fists were all wham! bam! and then she'd throw kicks and they'd land like thump! kurrrunk!! And she had these feral growls, and these sick moves, like she was all bendy like a gymnast. Her body just went all meandering anytime they attacked her and she slinkered through them wielding her swords with seductive fury. 

The frost demons were pretty decent fighters too, which I mean, considering they were demons  kind of made sense, so they got in a few hits of their own, slicing and dicing her here and there. But she didn't stop fighting.

Oh no. Not this badass. Every time she fell, she forced herself up with sheer will and courage. growling, hissing, snarling, grunting, roaring and groaning as she did so. 

Oh and I think I might have forgotten to mention, this wasn't like a little crew of ten or so frost demons that she was fighting. Nope. She was fighting the first legion. As in fifty in the first wave. Fifty in the second wave behind them. Fifty in the third wave behind that. Fifty in the fourth wave, and fifty in the fifth wave. She was fighting an army of 250 frost demons. By herself.

Because she was badass like that.

" Do you intend to fight us all?"one frost demon asked.

" Did I stutter?" Khazz asked as she twirled her sword in a sick- move and swung it through another frost demon.

" You can't hope to kill us all" the one who seemed to be the leader of this battalion spoke.

" Can't I?" Khazz asked, swinging her sword again, and growling as it was knocked out of her hands, not that she let that deter her. No ma'am. Swordless, she simply grabbed the daggers at her hips and took a defensive stance, twirling those bad babies in yet another sick- move.

She kept fighting, and when the daggers got knocked out of her hands, one getting stuck in a frost demons head, she simply used her fists and her legs.

She took down a good total of 235 frost demons by herself, the rest slipping past her line of defense.

She couldn't stop them, not occupied as she was with the rest and she could only hope that Jodie would be able to handle the rest.

 

Jodie looked up, and stood carefully.

" Charlie, you don't let anyone in, unless it's me or those boys parents. Do you understand?" she said, she too was sliding some weapons onto her person. Not swords and daggers like Khazz. But guns. Sleek looking black and silver pistols. She also had a lasso.

" Let me come with you" Charlie said softly.

" No. You're responsible for keeping these guys safe while I'm gone. Make sure the door is closed behind me," 

And then she was gone.

She too fought these frost demons like the badass werewolf warriorress she was.

" I'm sorry gentlemen, but I really can't let you go any further. You may return from whence you came and we'll pretend this never happened. Or I can fight you. Kill you, and you'll end up back from whence you came anyway" she said as she walked up to them. She stopped them about a mile away from the house.

It is my humble opinion, that these frost demons were rather dumb. 

Because seriously, why else would they choose to fight her. I mean they had to have known she was gonna give them a thrashing. Like the fact that her speech was almost identical to Khazz's should have clued them in. No?

But it didn't. 
So they got thrashed.

Jodie went in on those fools. If Khazz moved like a snake in the night, an armed snake in the night, then Jodie moved like a force of nature. Like a tornado, or a whirlwind. She moved like a hurricane over open seas. She was ferocious. Fast and furious.

She felled those iced beasts in a matter of minutes, and then grumbling under her breath she went in search of a fallen Khazz.

She found Khazz laying on the ground, atop a pile of fallen frost demons, bleeding out slowly. And considering that she was a vampire, she really didn't have that much blood to lose in the first place.

" Yo," Jodie greeted, holstering her guns.

" Yo," Khazz grunted.

" Can you walk?" Jodie asked.

" Yeah. Just.. gimme a minute." Khazz replied, " you got the rest then?"

" Uh huh. You should have let me fight with you" Jodie said.

" Yeah, but there was a risk of more than one battalion coming through. I couldn't risk leaving those poor kids alone with both of us out here if that did happen," Khazz said.

Jodie sighed. It made sense, and if she was being honest with herself, she would have probably made the same call.

Khazz grunted and lifted herself off the frost demons.

" You're bleeding," Jodie observed.

" Yes." Khazz replied, " I noticed."

" You need to feed." Jodie said ignoring the sarcasm.

" I will. Come on. Let's go" Khazz replied.

They goed.

They arrived back at the house just as Junma and crew came driving down the block.

 

" They're inside," Jodie said, " this one needs medical attention."

" No I don't.. oi... would you stop please. Ok seriously, like that's not going to help... oh for s sake. Fine. Have at it. I don't feel like fighting with you," she argued with Jongdae as he manhandled her and bound her wounds.

Jongdae grinned.

" Good. I would have won anyway. Now shut up and rest while I stitch you up please," he said.

Khazz rolled her eyes but otherwise did as asked, laying back in the large military truck while Jongdae stitched her up.

 

And inside the house, Sehun was wrapped around his mama sniffling softly, while Papa Yixing was crouched low checking on the baby girl ( whom we still hadn't named)

" Ok, so what's your name beautiful?" Papa Yixing asked and Lilee's eyes grew as large as saucers.

" You just realised you forgot to name your child didn't you?" Minseok asked, clearly amused.

" I'm a horrible parent," Lilee whispered to herself in horror, "horrible parent."

" No. No you're not," Minseok soothed, " you're a wonderful parent. So why don't you name her now?"

Lilee bit her lip, then took a deep breath and said, " what do you think Jongin? What should we name your sister?"

Jongin smiled so big it was absolutely adorable and then he said, " Athena mama. Like the stories. We should call her Athena. Cos she's strong like her."

Papa Yixing smiled and said, " Athena it is then. And I hereby produce birthcertificate and pen, and by the powers vested in me do hereby legally declare this child Athena, daughter of Lilee, Mark, Minseok, Jackson, Fanfan, Jaebum, Jinyoung and Luhan, sister to Jongin and Sehun, and.." here he paused and turned to look at the girls who were giggling, but they gave him their names, and he added them to the birth cerifticate.

" There. Here you go mama."

Lilee was crying, and asking how it could possibly be legal, considering the child had eight listed fathers on the one birth certificate.

Papa Yixings response was " hush. I have powers vested in me. Now come.We need to get ready to get out of here."

I had never heard words more sweet.

Well I mean, sure when Yifan had told me that I was cute and he wanted to spend hours kissing the mess out of me, those had been pretty sweet, but I mean like besides that.


a/n: completely unrelated. It is my birthday today ( the 13th!!) yay me!!! lol. hugs