chapter 11

Halloween ever after

The firewood helped. It helped a whole lot. We survived that night and I honestly want to say that it was solely because of those lovely, love-stricken werewolves.

" She totally said she was a werewolf didn't she?" I whispered into Fanfans chest. He nodded. I nodded back.

" So I didn't imagine that huh. Ok. I can deal. I can absolutely deal." I muttered to myself.

I quite obviously couldn't deal. Because I was (probably) starting to hyperventilate. It's like I couldn't manage the dual feat of breathing whilst trying to assimilate the information that we had just been visited by some real life, legit werewolves.

I was so busy muttering to myself  that I totally missed the amused smirk he sent over my head, and the quick check he did to see if Sehun was still asleep between us. 

The next thing I knew Fanfan was leaning over Sehun and kissing me stupid- I mean I was already stupid but if we could kindly just ignore that fact please. Thank you-.

I may, or may not have made a surprised gurgly sound into his mouth. But, he just cupped the back of my neck and whispered," shh, Sehuns still asleep," then returned to kissing me stupid.

For a couple of seconds I kissed him back, but then his words registered, and I pushed him back, " stop" I hissed, " you're going to corrupt him."

" He's asleep," Fanfan replied deadpan, " and he literally already knows what is. I don't think I'm the one doing the corrupting."

I squealed softly and slapped my hand over Fanfans mouth, then glared at him. Fanfan chuckled softly and got up then picked Sehun up. He carried his baby brother over to  Jaebum then settled Sehun with him.

 Jaebum smirked up at him even as he arranged Sehun in the cradle of his arms, and I, slow woman that I was didn't realise why til he was back in our blanket and wrapping one arm around my waist so he could pull me flush against his body.

" Wait.." I said stupidly, " what are you doing?"

"Right now? I'm getting ready to kiss the scared out of you." he answered honestly.

I gaped. Then scowled. Because I took offense.

" I'm not scared," I muttered.

" Ok, then you  can kiss the scared out of me.Will you?"he asked. 

I flushed and blushed all kinds of embarassing colours, and I just thanked the darkness of night and my own beautiful brown like toffee chocolate complexion- (no those weren't my words, like what kind of narcissist do you take me for?)- for the fact that you couldn't see the blush.

" I've been thinking about kissing you in all your y, tempting toffee chocolate curvy since you came crashing into my apartment, so can I?"he whispered quietly.

Like why was he even asking for permission?

Where I found the courage, I have absolutely no idea, but I did lean up and close the distance between us, stopping just short of actually kissing him. But he was kind enough to do the rest. 

I should have been expecting it, because it wasn't like he hadn't kissed me before, but man... 

I was literally shaking in his arms from that kiss. He like... ruined me with that one kiss.

I was a hot panting mess when he finally broke the kiss, and can quite honestly say that werewolves were the furthest thing on my mind. 

My brain was mush. My body was all hot and bothered and judging by the poking at my thigh, he was all hot and bothered too.

I blinked up at him, and experimentally pressed my thigh against his , then realised what I'd just done and exactly what kind of message it could possibly send and my eyes grew to the size of saucers.

" I mean, I'm game, but I figured you probably wouldn't want to corrupt any more innocent souls. Poor Jinyoung is about as innocent as Sehun and Jinyoungs definitely awake," Fanfan said.

" I should take offense at that" Jinyoung replied, " but I can't even.I am, as the man says, as pure as snow"

Several individuals snorted out loud that admission.

" Jinyoung, if you are as pure as snow, then I am four foot tall and could give a soprano a run for her money," Chanyeol said out loud.

Jinyoung sighed and said, " don't listen to them. I am as pure as snow. The purest of the purest. My idea of a romp in the sheets is tussle with my stuffed animals, I break out in hives if someone even looks at me cross-eyed."

" Oh the lies we tell ourselves," Minseok sighed, " but if that's how you want to live your life then ok, Jinyoung, you just keep lying to yourself."

" You believe me right Lilee?" Jinyoung asked, " You believe I'm pure and innocent?"

Lilee's answer was a nod. 

" Hey, Lilee?" Jinyoung said, sitting up so he could get a better look at her, " Lilee what's wrong?"

Minseok sat up as well and looked down at her. Her eyes were shut tight, she had a grimace of pain on her face and she might have had tears on her cheeks.

" Are you in pain?" Minseok asked and Lilee nodded.

" I don't think you can take any more meds though, it's only been a couple of hours since the last dose," Minseok said softly, " where exactly are you in pain?"

Becuase words failed her, she simply took his hand and placed it under the swell of her very pregnant belly.

"I think..." she hissed softly, " I think my contractions have started."

"Uh.." Minseok said intelligently, " that. Is not good. But, we'll be fine. Here, let's get you comfortable, do you want to sit up?Or stay lying down?"

" Sit up," she hissed, " please."

Minseok nodded and together with Jinyoung, they helped Lilee sit up so Minseok was behind her and she could use  his body to cushion her back. Fanfan had already grabbed the satphone and was calling his parents.

Junma, when she answered sounded very uh... preoccupied.

" Hey baby, , stay the down," she growled," sorry baby, not you. I was talking to this stupid demon."

" Uh.. hi. Um... wait mum, are you fighting demons while you're talking to me on the phone?" Fanfan hissed.

" Uh, not important right now. Tell me why you called. Is everything alright?" she asked.

" Um.. Lilee says she thinks her contractions have started," 

" Ok, then, first things first, You're going to have to gently pull the stitches loose so that her labour can progress naturally," Junma said.

" Um, mum. None of us is particularly trained for that. How are we supposed to pull her stitches out?" Fanfan asked.

"If you feel around gently you'll find the knot. It will be made of a different material, but it should be just like undoing a shoelace. Lilee it will probably be uncomfortable, I'm sorry, but i'm sure you understand the need?" she said.

" Yeah," Lilee gasped.

" Hold on a second sweetheart," Junma said , and then all we heard was the grunt, growl, blomp, thump- and then she was back on the phone, " where was I?"

" Um.. like a shoelace," Fanfan offered.

" Oh yes. Yup. So, just be gentle, and like a shoelace. After that I want you to start timing her contractions, and once they're coming every five minutes I want you to check how far dilated she is"

" And how do we do that?" Fanfan asked.

" You're going to see how many fingers you can get up her, a whole hand is good. Less than is not good," Junma said.

" Oh and ma?" Fanfan said.

" Yes baby?"

" We have three female werewolves watching over us" he said, " is that good?"

" Depends," Junma said, " do you think I could talk to them for a minute?"

" Uh.. yeah.I guess. Just uh,"

" I got it," Jaebum said. He called out in his deep voice," hey, uh Charlie, could you come to the door for a minute?"

About a minute later there was a rap at the door.

Jaebum opened the door and on the other side stood two of the three werewolves. 

" May we come in?" Jodie asked, " I don't want to leave the door open"

Jaebum let her in and Fanfan held the phone out to her.

" My mother wants to talk to you," he said.

Jodie took the phone and said, " hello?.. yes...yes I am. Yes sure"

Junma connected the call to Sam and the three of them discussed some things. I didn't fully understand the conversation, but I got the gist that Jodie was someone big in the werewolf world, I got the gist that Sam was immensely impressed by whatever title Jodie held. I also got the gist that Jodie had just made a pact of some sort with Junma and Sam.

She handed the phone back to Fanfan who said his goodbyes and I love you's to his mother, then hung up.

Jodie smiled and said, " I promised your mother I'd stay and help you deliver the baby. If that's ok with you ?" she adressed the question to Lilee who nodded.

" Ok, then first things first," she said, " A nice hot bath will help relax you so hopefully it won't be too uncomfortable when we pull those stitches out."

Lilee nodded and Jinyoung got up to go run the bath. 

" While you do that, I'm going to make a quick supply run. Charlie will stay here with you while i'm gone" Jodie said.

" Jodie I can go," Charlie said, " just tell me what you need?"

" No, it's better if I go. Our friends on the western front won't give me as much trouble as they would you" Jodie said," I'll be back"

" What friends on the western front?" Fanfan asked.

" I'll let Charlie explain. I'll be back soon. Get Lilee in a nice warm bath. Massaging her back should help relax her as well."

Minseok nodded and carefully carried Lilee to the bathroom.

" So?" Fanfan asked again once Jodie had left," what friends on the western front?"

" Uh... there's a couple of vampires about two miles west of here," Charlie said, " don't worry though, they won't give you any trouble. And they won't give Jodie any trouble as well. Now uh... I'm gonna curtain off that area over there if that's ok with you guys. I figured you won't want the babies seeing mama deliver, and she might also appreciate the privacy,"

" I'll help," Jaebum said and Charlie took five steps back and held her arms out.

" No! You.. You stay over there please. I can't focus if you're that close to me. Stay. There." she growled.

Jaebum blinked then said, " Uh.. sure.Ok.I guess."

" How about I help then, " Chanyeol asked, and Charlie nodded. 

A hot Chanyeol she could deal with apparently.

A hot Jaebum she couldn't deal wth.

I completely sympathised.

These hot boys were too much.