Why It Hurts

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Sunday

The bed is nice. The food is nice. Those maids that I talked about, I make sure I’m nice to them and don’t ask for a lot. If it’s food, I ask them to make whatever they want to feed me because I don’t mind anything. They like to experiment cooking, and eat, but mostly cook. They also insist on dusting and cleaning the place at least 3 times a week which I think too much, just once is fine but they said “We have nothing to do in this big lonely house.” and I can’t help but agree. My voice, like I predicted, came back in the morning after one of the girls gave me a honey lemon tea. It was really nice of them and I thanked them a lot right after but they said that it was their job to make sure I was okay.

After breakfast, I remember that I was going to see Jessica but then I snap! I forgot my stuff! As in my school stuff at home. My school bag, books, notes and tests that I could possibly revise from. I completely forgot all those things and just took my clothes with me, along with my phone and my wallet but that has nothing inside it besides my old and new house key and small change I have from the last time I went shopping for dad.

‘Knock knock’

I timidly knock on the door of the Forbidden Place, what I call Jennie’s bedroom. This is a place I’m definitely not allowed to go but I have to. “What?!” She opens the door and I know she said not to look at her but looking down would be worse than ever so I opt for staring at the door frame.

A black singlet that leaves her shoulders and arms bare except for the straps along with black shorts that barely go past the halfway point on her thighs. I don’t need to be caught ogling thank you. Her hair is down and wet due to the morning shower I now learn she takes as she puts on hand on her hips while the other looks ready to slam the door in my face if I don’t talk. Simple clothes yet stunning but I probably look ridiculous when compared to her even though we are both wearing similar things except I don’t like exposing skin as much.

“I-I… my school bag is at h-home.” Still whispering here. “God ing damn it…” I hear her sigh out before the hand that was on her hip had lifted up. I didn’t follow her hand but I’m sure she’s pinching her nose bridge now. “Could you not bring it yesterday?!” Yeah, that was stupid of me. “I-I’m sorry… But I have to grab my p-papers and st-stuff neatly of my d-desk as well.” I’m sure she’s thinking about not letting me go but its school. I need school just like she does. I may be a submissive but that doesn’t mean I’m dumb.

“P-please…” “Fine! I’ll call for a driver 4pm sharp and you can grab whatever you need to. Now go!”

‘SLAM’

Oh, so the door did get slammed in my face.

~

One of the girls knocked on my door that the driver had arrived right on time; once again I thanked them when I did. It’s going to be habit, because it’s a foreign feeling for someone to be doing something for me. It was usually the opposite but I guess I don’t frown upon it; I just don’t abuse the power I have with it. Because they’re people. I didn’t get that treatment, who am I kidding? I still don’t but that doesn’t mean that everyone else deserves it.

That’s not me being a submissive.

That’s just being logical.

So we drive, well it’s just me and the driver. He doesn’t talk. I don’t talk. But I do watch outside intently. Yesterday I felt that home wasn’t far from where Jennie and I live, maybe a 15 minute walk but it was a 10 minute drive because there are various places to stop on the road because of the law. It’s a pretty simple route as well since I know that it’s on the edge of town, mostly straight and a few turns near the house but they’re easy to remember.

“Alright. We’re here.” I look around, and there it is. And I thought I would never be seeing the place again, but I’m here the next day. “Thank you sir.” “How long will you be here for?” I think about it. Probably 20 mins because I have to do grab basically everything that’s stacked up on my study table in my room but who knows. I open the door and step out, poking my head in to say “Don’t worry, I’ll walk home.” Before he nods and drives off.

I enter the house, and of course it’s empty. But its 4:12, I’ve got 2 hours till dad will probably come back and I doubt he’ll be please with seeing me here. He’ll be drunk as well, but I could hide in my room till he falls asleep.

 I rush to my room, seeing my shoulder bag right where I put it on Friday before I check the stuff inside. It’s only got a few of my books but luckily that’s light. My desk looks messy, papers sprawled everywhere a long with a few 10 cent pens that last for quite a long time. In the drawers of the desk, because dad was kind enough to buy a desk I could study on, I found multiple plastic sheets that were $2 for 50 a packet and kept stuffing paper after paper into sleeves. Of course I was organised, making sure subjects weren’t messed up with other things and assignments were placed in order if they weren’t stapled for whatever reason at school.

As I was packing my papers, I started a conversation with Rae.

Hey Rae, were you lying?

Lying about what pup?

Lying… about what you saw. You said that you had a vision.

When did I say that?

RAE!

No really. I forgot.

You’re in my head Rae! How do you forget something when you can see my memories yourself?!

I still have no idea what you’re talking about pup.

The vision you told me about on Monday.

You said that…

That my mate, who we now know is Jennie, would be wearing black and I white. You knew she had black hair so it must be true right?

We can only wait for fate to play its part.

I’ll take that as a yes.

You said a mansion as well. Is it the same mansion I live with Jennie in?

No.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Well it could.

How?

I remember what I saw. You both walked into the mansion but I never got to see your upper half. I know that it’s you wearing a white dress and Jennie wore a black suit.

A suit? Isn’t she a little too young to be wearing a suit?

You’re right.

The car as well. You said it was a limo.

Yes, it was a limo pup.

Is she rich then?

Pup…

She’s a princess.

Of course she’s rich!

Not in that way.

In what way then?

Maybe a company? A CEO?

I don’t get you.

I’m saying, why would a princess wear a suit?

Business?

Oh… I get it now.

‘Bang’

I stiffen at the sound of the front door opening. That can’t be… It’s too early! I check the time, and somehow I’d been preoccupied with talking about Rae that I’d stopped fixing my things in the process. The time was 5:33, somehow a little over an hour passing as I grabbed whatever I could, stuffed it in my bag and used my advantage of upstairs to check on my dad.

Funny thing is… I don’t see him.

Maybe my ears were playing tricks on me, damaged from the vocals of dad and Jennie on Friday and yesterday that I was too disturbed in my mind to understand the difference between nightmares and reality. If this is a nightmare, then my whole life must be.

So please wake me up from whatever hallucination I’d been put under.

Please make it stop.

Maybe it was just nerves because he doesn’t seem to be here.

I start going for the door, heart pumping erratically and it makes me feel like I just burgled my own house when id only gotten what was rightfully mine.

Rightfully mine; don’t a lot of people say that?

Not helping Rae.

I hurriedly make the distance from the bottom step to the door but right when I’m about to grab the handle with my shaky hands, I get pushed right into the door. My arms take the impact as they curl in front of me, stopping my head from smashing into the wooden door as a hand on the top of my back pushes my against it. Where on earth was he when I was checking a few seconds ago?

“You think you can come back like nothing happened?!” I shudder, my sensitive ears making me retract my head slightly into my neck but it does nothing to stop him. “N-no.” He pulls me away from the door and pushes me into the centre of the floor. I trip from the abrupt actions, landing on my bag since it hangs to rest on my side. I quickly try to get on my feet but he kicks them away so that I fall once more on my front.

“I told you wait till you come back! I’m going to make your body hurt like no other!”

‘Clink’

I froze.

That wasn’t what I thought it was… was it?

‘Whish CRACK’

Belt!

That’s his belt!

I turned back and watched him whip the belt in the air to test out his wrist before his glowing eyes met mine.

“And you got your voice back huh?!”

‘WHIP’

“AAAHH!” The first was sent to my back and I tried to crawl away but he only stepped his foot on one of my calves, ensuring I wouldn’t leave with the amount of pressure he was placing on the muscle. A tear had already left my eye front the stinging sensation that wouldn’t leave, more coming as he repetitively continued the abuse.

‘WHIP’

“ AHH S-STOP!” I cried out, clawing at the ground to cope with the pin but two lashes while sober was killing me. He’s using his werewolf strength, aiming precisely right where he knows I would be shrieking in pain each time. He was drunk even on my birthday, so now I’m facing the worst of the worst with him.

“Stop?! I’m not stopping till your mate can’t bear to look at your ing body!”

‘WHIP’

“AAH PLEASE!” I wail, but nobody hears as usual. No neighbour cares about me, no mate cares about me, no family cares about me. This strike was on the other side, the burning sensation now spreads around my body like no other and I would trade this for taking all the days I’d been kicked in ribs. He doesn’t even know that Jennie hates me in general. With Jennie tugging my arm on Friday to sit down constantly, it makes it seem like she’s desperate to be attached to me.

1 hour later ~

I think I can blame Jennie for the everlasting pain and sting that won’t subside in my back. I can’t slouch at all or else the skin on my back will stretch and open the gashes that were already closing from the blood that seeped out of them and has slowly dried. Yes, I’m bleeding. He lashed me to the point where he’s broken the skin, laughed, and then lashed at me again as he kept listing the infinite list of names he called me along with swear words and why I shouldn’t be mates with Jennie.

The shirt was obviously coated in blood from back to front with the amount I bled and I’m surprised I haven’t fainted from extreme loss of blood considering how weak and helpless I am. Oh, another reason he lashed me, because I made a huge mess on his floor. I can’t help it though, I have weak skin I guess, that’s how I grazed my hands easy in the dumpster.

So I want to slouch, my whole body is trembling, swaying back and forth as I wobble my way back to Jennie and I’s shared house. I think I’ll call it home now; I don’t have a choice anyways. That place can be called dad’s house. My back wants to rest from all the stressed pain it received and now with me walking with a strained upright back, my shoulders are mostly dying. You know how when you stand upright, you have to stick your chest out more? That’s easier to do because it makes a space of air between the shirt and my sensitive back, cooling the heated skin along with drying the blood more. My back feels sticky though. This reminds me of Monday, except that was less painful and more revolting because it wasn’t my blood but scraps and rubbish but I’d also trade places to be back in that situation again.

I do reach the house, and I do have my school stuff as well. I help keep my back upright by hugging the bag, as if using it like a form of protection though I wish I had that an hour ago. I have my own key, given by Jennie as she said, and I quote, “So that we don’t have to come back together.” She didn’t shout it and I couldn’t talk anyways so I just nodded at the time.

I stumble into my room; luckily no maids are walking around right now but its 6:52 so they’re most likely making dinner which is bound to be delicious. I don’t do anything except flop right onto my new bed, melting into the comfortable sheets before 5 minutes pass and my back is stinging a lot. The shirt is applying too much pressure…

THE SHIRT ISAPPLYING TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON MY BACK! It’s the thinnest piece of fabric as well! This pain is actually ridiculous.

Kill me.

If Jennie lets me.

I can’t rest now though. If I sleep, those wounds will probably get infected and the shirt will literally stick to my back like no other and would be impossible to peel off without screaming again like 20 minutes ago. I need this shirt off, I need to have a shower and look presentable so that Jennie doesn’t suspect anything because she knows I’ll tell her.

I struggle to get up. I actually fall on the ground with how tired I am so tears already start rolling down my pain. The smallest thing could set me off into feeling what a fraction of Hell’s Fire feels like. Apparently the fire here is nothing.

So I struggle to get up again. But I’m getting off the ground this time. I’m still forced to curve my back inwards so it makes an awkward way of getting up but I do manage somehow.

No I don’t. That’s a complete lie.

I was already tearing up again when I reached the bathroom, and my face was literally red. I always thought my face never gets red, I thought blushing wasn’t real but this is some extreme stuff here. I have red dots all over my face, like tiny freckles on the top of my cheek bones and eyelids. My eyes are puffy from the intense crying is what I know but I don’t know what the dots are. They look like broken blood vessels. I do Biology, that’s how I know but I don’t know what it’s called. My face is sweaty as well, perspiration evident all over my face and I can say one thing for certain.

I need a shower.

Pain or not, I need that shower.

I’m not taking that shirt off. I don’t care how much it cost, mostly because it’s a cheap $5 tee, but the shirt is already ruined with the blood. I scan along the sink, seeing a pair of scissors which is a little daunting because there is no reason for scissors to be in the bathroom but I don’t care right now.

I slowly, making sure I don’t make my chest or stomach bleed as well, cut the shirt from the bottom up, shedding off the shirt like a layer of skin and I quiver from the cold atmosphere in the bathroom. A little stupid of me because the place is filled with tiles so of course t’s cold but I bet it’s not as cold as Jennie’s hands.

My bra comes off next and no way am I cutting that. It’s only the back straps that are bloodied, its purpose still fulfils me and a bra gets covered anyways so I don’t need to worry about people seeing. Who’d want to see my body after what he did anyways?

I cringe while thinking about what scars would be left on my body. It’ll look like a spider web, each lash knotted and tangled to create a monstrosity of a map on me.

I first turn on the water of the shower, leaving it on cold before I take my bra off carefully and check how ruined it is. It’s not that bad and my back feels better from the tightness the straps gave. I think I’ll keep it, but that needs to be dunked into warm soapy water 3 times before those stains are coming off.

I strip my pants, and leave my underwear on because I'm seriously feeling self-conscious right now. That bathroom door is not locked but I’m standing here in the middle of the bathroom while only wearing my underwear. I don’t bother locking the door though, covering my chest with my arms as I enter the shower. Well not yet. First I let it wash my front before I slowly step closer and closer into the water.

“A-Ah!” A few drops fell on my back from my shoulder and it hurts as it runs down my back mercilessly. It feels like a knife is being dragged along the length of my back. Every small inch I step closer, more cries spill out of my mouth as my head is now under the water. I didn’t realise I needed the refreshing water as much but it doesn’t soothe the searing that are pouring quicker each time.

One last step.

“A-AAAH!” I quickly cover my mouth because of the loudness of my voice but it was too late. Instead, it’s now muffling my sobs as wash under the cold water.

‘Bang’

Is that my bedroom door?

I hear stomping as well…

JENNIE!?

‘Click’

I quickly turn so that my front is facing her, blocking the sight of my damaged back from her as I watch Jennie shout at me yet again.

“SHUT THE HELL UP!”

 


 

this is why i called myself evil in the last chapter. i'm mean, i know. ask of you're confused about anything, but other than that...

MEOW OUT!!