Till I Fell

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Tuesday

My­­­ head was pounding heavily, urging me to wake up as my eyelids stung form the brightness. My ears were ringing as a loud beep kept going off at a slow rhythm, starting to ascend as my muffled hearing was starting to clear up. I could hear a man and woman conversing but I couldn’t concentrate on that as I jerked from all the pain my body gave in one go. My limbs felt heavy, neck failing to lift my head as I slowly brought a hand to my eyes, providing shade for my sensitive eyes. My stomach area felt like it was to be ripped apart, literally, and my breathing elates in pure panic as I’m unsure where I am and who are in the room with me.

“She’s-” The man speaks but its cut halfway due to my hearing still recovering.

“I’ll get the-” The woman says before a door is heard and she’s shouting some inaudible lines. I start to worry as I have no idea what the hell she’s getting. Was it a gun? A knife? Where even am I? Wasn’t I getting kidnapped?

The beeping of the machine irritates me as it continues to increase in pace, rubbing my face of any drowsiness before I attempt once more to look around. I then scrunch up my eyes as a sort of stretch for the rest of my face before I slowly open my eyes. Instantly I jerk back when I see a man who looks like he’s in his 40’s right in front of me. My arms instantly cover my head as a form of protection from whatever this man may do, then noticing something in one of my arms. A clear tube is taped to the middle of my arm, a slight pinch when I wave my arms the tiniest bit. Then I see the needle. I see both my elbows have bandages in the same area along with my hands bandaged like Jessica did but my palms and fingers hurt as well. It hurts my torso to breath as well.

Where am I?

I let my useless guard down, looking around to see the man still staring at me with his eyes sharp on me. I gulp, whimpering in slight fear as I realise from his extremely pale skin that he is a vampire. Vampires are never nice to me, especially Jennie. I shake my head from the thought before I look around to distract myself from the scary looking man in front of me.

I’m in a bed. A hospital bed; similar to the one in Jessica’s office but its more comfy. The sheets are pure white and I notice that my school clothes are gone as I’m in a hospital gown. A hospital bed and gown? I’m in the hospital!? I look back to the man who’s still been staring at me but displays a small smile on his face. A nice one at that. Wow. This guy looks rich as hell now that I see it. His watch looks extremely designer, sporting a classy black suit with a white shirt and blue tie underneath. Was he a business man? No, he’s too fancy and well groomed. Unless he was some rich CEO. Wait, why is he even here and smiling nicely at me? Why aren’t I stuck in the road?

My mouth is dry, throat itching to cough but I somehow keep it in and speak instead. “Who are you? And what happened?” My voice is barely a whisper but he does hear me, his grin widening before he introduces himself. “Well young dearie, I’m Mr Kim. I don’t know if that tells you much but I’m the new King that moved in on Monday.” My eyes bulged at what he told. This was Jennie’s dad?! Now that I see it, they do look slightly similar. I think it’s the eyes… yeah. “And you fainted in the middle of the road so my wife and I rushed you to hospital.” I completely ignore what he said; surprised by the fact that he rushed me to the hospital.

‘Click’

“Ah, you’re awake now.”

Both I and Mr Kim looked to the door, a lady in a doctor’s coat followed by another lady in a white coat followed. I’m guessing the lady in the white coat is Jennie’s mom judging from how she looked similar to Jennie except for the eyes which she must’ve inherited from her father. The other lady, who must be my doctor, had brown hair and looked rather wolf to me. Does that even make sense? She had a clip board in her hand, walking over to check the machines I just realised I’d been hooked onto before flipping through the papers. The doctor was standing to my left side while Jennie’s parents were on my right. Mrs Kim walked over to Mr Kim while I watched the female doctor read then look up to me with a smile.

“Are your eyes blurry? Headache? Nauseous? ” I nodded yes. She nodded back before checking the clipboard once more and asked “Which one?” “Headache and nausea.” Once again my voice was a bare whisper but her werewolf hearing would hear me. She sighed before flipping once more through the clipboard. I swear that clip board has as many pages as my English notebook, like what the hell?

“Can I see your arm closest to me?” I gave her the arm that had the needle inside, watching her inspect my arm and veins before checking the tube it was connected to. The tube ran long down the ground then back up and connected to a bag that was hanging, filled halfway with a clear liquid. That’s not a good sign.

“Okay missy, before we go through your injuries would you mind telling us what you last remembered?” Last remembered. What did happen before?

Jennie saw you.

What?

Jennie saw you in school while Chanyeol picked on you, then you ran pup.

Oh right.

“U-Um, I think I was running?” The doctor bit her lip anxiously before looking at Jennie’s parents opposite her. “That seems about right.” Mr Kim said. “Then you fell but still right.” Oh yeah, forgot about that. I didn’t look back to the doctor but to the foot of the bed, just taking in the fact that I’m being hospitalised right now.

“Well then, I guess I’ll start from head to toe. Your head is bruised at the back, just above where your spine meets your skull. You did get a small cut from loose gravel on the corner of your right forehead, nothing major but we wrapped a bandage around the two of those but take it off if it serves any discomfort to you. Your left ribs were broken from the fall, right were fractured but I’d like to talk to you a little bit more on that.” , my bruises. “Your arms were grazed as well as your knees, hands were practically skinned off. The top of your fingers are very much grazed, palms are healing from what we assume are your nails and the side of your hands are doing worse as they received the most grazing. Say, did you have an accident before?” I didn’t look to the doctor but nodded shamelessly, god I'm an idiot.

“Alright, well I assumed before that you fainted from either exerting your body with the running or from the malnutrition but now I’m guessing it’s from both. How far did you run?” I looked to the worried doctor, shrugging my shoulders since I had no idea if I even stopped running. “She must have run quite a bit, maybe 600m. I can only guess since our daughter goes to the same school, only guessing that she did run from school.” Mrs Kim spoke to which I nodded my head to her statement. “That’s too much, even for a submissive.” Now that just reminded me, what the hell am I doing here?

“And last of all, I need your name.” “What?” I snapped my head to the doctor who somehow has no idea what my name is after even diagnosing me. “You’re not in our systems or any of the hospitals out of town. Are you not born here?” That confused me, but also made sense. Never in my life have I been to the doctors or a hospital, besides my birth. “No. Can I have some water though?” I heard on my other side a water bottle being opened, Mrs Kim handing it to me while I watched cautiously. When she saw me unsure, she said “It’s okay dear, it’s yours anyways.”

My hand was so shaky, struggling to even reach the water bottle so she helped it to my lips. I’d only had a sip or two but it made a huge difference to my now refreshed throat. “So what’s your name then?” The doctor asked again, taking out a pen from her coat pocket and waiting for me to speak. She had a nice smile on her face, all three of them did, which was nice to see for once.

“___ Kwon.” I announce, finally glad to say it while not trembling in fear but I still am in the hospital. The doctor quickly leaves the room and I looked over to the royal couple that are on my right, only now processing that a King and Queen are in my hospital room. It’s quite intriguing, especially since I’m not being insulted or assaulted for once. And I'm very grateful to them, so should really say that. “You look about our daughter’s age, 16.” I nodded, not liking the fact that he’s talking about Jennie but he’s very supreme to me considering I'm a submissive. “Do you know a new student named Jennie Kim?” Her mother asks, and I nod once more but speak afterwards. “She sits next to me in maths.” “What a coincidence! I hope she isn’t any trouble.” “Ah not really.” Technically she wasn’t, just Chanyeol and his arrogance was.

‘Click’

The three of us watch the doctor from before enter but with a smile on her face. Something was off, but in a good way I suppose. “Miss ___ here will have to stay a few days or so due to her broken ribs and skin. It wasn’t as big as we thought it was before but how did you manage to break it?” With all the restraint I can find in my useless body, I manage to fend off with the best lie I can. “I t-tend to fall a lot because I'm weak, that’s why I have a lot of bruises as well. So when I swung my school bag on I think it broke.” I gave a sheepish smile but she sharpened her eyes on me. “And you didn’t go to a doctor after thinking it broke?” My eyes widened with the small flaw in my lie, but that’s because I never go to a doctor. It was too risky for dad. “I-It was in the m-morning… so I went t-to school instead.” I gave a nervous smile this time but she bought it.

“Okay then, now I need you to rest,” She places a TV remote that was on the bedside table behind all the monitors next to my hand on the bed. “So here’s a TV remote.” She takes a glance at her watch before looking to the Kim couple and me and smiles while saying “It’s about 3ish right now so I'm sure you’ll have a few shows appropriate for your age on right on. The TV is in the top right corner and we’ll give you some food to eat in an hour or so but I'm keeping that drip on. You’re very small and weak, even for a submissive.” She says the last part sternly to which I nod hesitantly to. I’m shocked that its 3 though, that means I was out for like 6 hours. “Alright, I’ve got some other patients to attend to so I’ll see you tonight ___. The yellow button on the remote will call me if you need any help or anything. ” We wave bye to her before someone’s phone starts ringing.

“Oh, that must be Jennie.”  I watch Mr Kim stand up and leave the room as well so now I'm stuck with Jennie’s mom who sits in the seat. Curiosity had my mouth running since I was too confused. I had so many questions. Jennie was nothing like her parents, they were kind to submissives like me but why? Being nasty to one was common instinct; it was just how the werewolf ladder worked.

“Why did you help me?” She seemed rather confused as to why I would ask such a question when really it should be the other way around. “What do you mean dear?” “I mean, why did you take me to the hospital? I’m a submissive; you’re meant to hate me. Hurt me, leave me , and-and-” The words choke in my throat as my eyes are already b with tears while the vampire watches me, slowly bringing her hand to my head so that she can brush a few strands of my hair off my face before answering me with a sigh. “Because ___, werewolves should be thanking submissives.” That must be a joke. “Can I talk to your wolf for a second?” I look at her questioningly, uncertain as to how she would talk to Rae since I can’t even see Rae myself. “We royal vampires have powers. I can see into a conscious, for you, a wolf. Can you ask your wolf if I can?” I nod before I ask Rae.

Hey Rae, can Mrs Kim talk to you?

She can pup, but if she pressures me into saying something about you then I don’t want to.

But it’s bound to be about me.

I meant about personal stuff like home and school and… Jennie. I was thinking about it before pup, and I think you’re right. She… She does hate us! I'm so sorry!

Its okay Rae, it really is, you were trying. It’s okay. Do you think I would be able to hear what you talk about?

I don’t think so. Do you want to hear it though?

I… I don’t think so? I mean, she would just tell me and I would say to listen if she wanted me to hear so…

Okay, you go tell her and I’ll wait.

Okay.

“Okay, Rae is ready to talk to you.” I say, using the bandage on my hand to wipe away my tears that were threatening to fall from before. She smiles before giving me her hand and says “You’ll fall asleep when we talk but it’ll only be for 5 minutes alright?” I nod before giving her my hand and instantly my vision turns black.

5 minutes later or so ~

My eyes immediately open up when I feel my hand being let go. I look to my side, Mr Kim standing next to Mrs Kim who’s sitting in the chair. They’re both smiling at me and I send a smile back, literally feeling blessed to have these two people here even though they just met me.

They’re paying the bills as well.

What?! They’re doing too much!

I know, but it’s too late!

‘Knock Knock Click’

Who another visitor? I looked at the door with a smile but it soon dropped, laced with fear as I hugged the thin hospital blanket tight to my face.

“Mum, dad, are you-” Both Jennie and I are staring right at each other and I don’t need to think to know that she’s wearing the same fake smile I wear as well. Except she wears it with anger discoursing through her veins that I can clearly feel while I can only hope she knows I'm very much afraid of her.

“Ah Jennie, you’re here. Do you recognise ___ here? She sits next to you in maths.” I watched her fists, balling up tight while she answered her dad. “Yes dad, she… ran off in class.” She said through her gritted teeth. “She ended up fainting on the road so we brought her here.” She looked directly at me, my breath hitching as I know what he was about to say. “Isn’t that a coincidence?” Her parents chucked while looking at each other, giving her a chance to flash her red eyes at me to signal one thing.

I’m literally dead.

“We need to fill out some forms but feel free to talk alright?” They both take a glance at Jennie and I to which we fake a smile before they’re out the room. Oh god. Pease don’t leave. Please stay. In an instant Jennie is standing right next to me on the bed where her parents stood before, practically towering over me while I continue to shrink into the bed. “I-I-” “What did you tell them?!” I flinched at her loud tone, watching her glance to the heart monitor that fastened its paced before she looked back to me. She then bent forward, coming closer while I shuffled further sway on the bed. I’m still lying down you know.

“What did you tell them ___?” I bit my lips, too frightened to speak to who I was forced to be mates with. Was this what I was meant to go through in life? It must be. It’s been happening for the past 16 and half years, why not let it continue?

“___!” I jolt out of my thinking phase by a cold hand on my arm. It sends goose bumps through my body so it’s not hard to know that’s Jennie. “What did you tell my parents about us?!”

Us? Is there an us? Is there going to be something with the undead princess that stands in front of me? Her eyes are blood red, bright with the desire of burning me alive I'm sure. She doesn’t want me, she hates me. Everyone hates me. Maybe not her parents but I'm sure they’re just tolerating me. I’m a submissive. Nobody likes me, which is a given fact.

“I swear to god ___!”

The beeping on the heart monitor increases but we don’t pay heed to that as she continues to use her advantage of power over me.

“What the hell did you tell them?!”

“Nothing.” 

I whisper it. I whisper not from fear or from a dry throat. I whisper to give her satisfaction. Because that’s what I’m meant to do. I satisfy everyone’s wants and needs as my own satisfaction. Because that’s my purpose right? I don’t want to satisfy anyone else but I will satisfy Jennie. Not by choice or will but by pure instinct. I don’t think my body would ever be able to resist pleasing her. As disgusting as that sounds, I have no choice.

“What do you mean nothing?!” She says sternly, asserting dominance over me. I whisper out, still submitting to her. I avert my eyes away from her by closing them so that I don’t meet hers that scorch in fury.

“Nothing. I didn’t tell them that you’re my-”

“Don’t call me that! Don’t call me your mate ever! I will never be your mate! You got that?!” I slowly nod while she continues ‘speaking’, opening my eyes and averting them away from her in utter shame. I start to grimace as my ribs hurt due to shuffling in the bed and god it hurts. “And don’t tell anyone, and I mean anyone that we’re… whatever the hell we are! God! And why are you scowling?!”

How can she even tell? I’m literally facing the other way. I jerk back when she appears in front of my eyes, causing me to apply pressure onto the ribs on my left that are broken. I yelp in pain, clutching my stomach and I see Jennie furrow her eyebrows but I very much doubt she’s worried. She just said not to call her my mate, no way would she care. I quickly grab the remote that sits on the bed, pressing the button that the doctor told me to press and soon enough she’s coming through the door and by my side. Jennie walks out scoffing, ignoring the way I’m crying out in pain as the doctor calls out for different nurses to come and help.

4 hours later ~

It’s really awkward to sleep now.

 I need to have the pillows under my tailbone but I felt like that’d just give me back pain so I asked them to elevate the top half of the bed. It’s kind of like a reclined airplane seat, I can only imagine from what I’ve seen on TV shows and movies. I don’t think I’d ever get the desire to travel overseas with my situation in life so this’ll have to do.

It’s about 8ish so the doctor from before is sitting with me at the bed. She’s sitting on the chair that’s on my right while asking me about small things like house life. It’s only been 20 minutes but I’ve told her that dad’s mate is gone so I take care of him. I never told her about the abuse. Or the reason for the bruises. But enough of me talking, I wanted to ask her something.

“Hey doc?” She smiled at me, flashing me her sharp canines as she spoke “Yes ___.” I couldn’t help but smile back, well even more. “What’s your name? I mean… you don’t have to tell me but I’ve known you since this afternoon but I never learnt your name.” She let out a chuckle before scratching my head like Jessica did at school. God I wonder how Jessica is, I was meant to talk to her but I ran past her today. “Didn’t I? As in say my name?” I shake my head no because I might as well make friends here if I’ll be stuck here a few days anyways.

“Yuri. Yuri Kwon.” My smile falls but I don’t frown, except I'm puzzled. She’s a Kwon? I mean sure, it could be similar last names but…“K-Kwon? A-As in m-my l-last n-name K-Kwon?”  She nods before taking off the lanyard that hangs around her neck on her white coat. And she’s right, it says her name is Yuri Kwon on her hospital ID but I don’t think we’re related. She would hate me like dad would for mom’s death right? “I doubt we’re related though, I know a few people with the last name Kwon but we were totally unrelated.” “Ah…” I reply, slightly upset but at least I have a friend right?

Yuri left and I soon felt myself falling asleep after but thoughts still roamed my head to keep me up. Jennie hated me, only hours ago proved it to me. A small tear falls as I think about what happens after. After dads gone, how will I live? People won’t wait to abuse me on the streets; a mob will probably be waiting outside the house just to take me away. No, not kill, to use. To satisfy. Like I said before, that is my purpose. To satisfy my mate.

When I fall asleep, I can’t help but feel like I’ve forgotten about something important.


Hi Hi, Meow here!! I think I'm making the weekends a solid update day for this book. It doesn't matter if i update on the weekday once, i'll always update on the weekend. Hpoe you enjoy :)

Also, paying attention to the days at the top of the chapter will make it easier to comprehend the plot more!!

MEOW OUT!!!!