Then You Came

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Monday/Tuesday

‘BANG BANG BANG’

I keep banging on the walls of the metal box I'm trapped in. It’s no use though, and screaming hasn’t done anything yet. My phone has no charge because I kept going online to research more. I generally didn’t think I would need my phone after school because I never do. What luck today huh? I’ve been here for an hour, I can tell that because I still have my watch on. If you're wondering how I can scream and release my hands, it’s due to rigorous movements that I managed to bring my tied hands down and put my legs in the loops that’s created, thus my hands are available to undo my feet and mouth. My teeth do hurt from biting the tape secured around my hands and I feel sick from the fact that my hands and the tape had blood on it. Gross.

“HELP!!!”

I’ve shouted the words repeatedly, only for the coarseness of my throat to itch more. Inside this dumpster is actually very hot since its metal, and even worse that it’s a hot day today with no clouds. I’d already finished the whole of my water bottle 15 minutes ago and I’m sure I’ll die from dehydration in here. Or suffocation because there’s barely any clean oxygen in here or malnutrition because I don’t really eat breakfast and barely eat lunch and dinner. That’s when I really think about it. I’m going to die and there’s no doubt about it. It doesn’t matter if someone comes tomorrow to empty the bins because I’ll be dead trash as well. I’m going to ing die in a dumpster! And I'm actually going to die!

YOU’RE NOT DYING PUP!

I'M GOING TO DIE! I completely ignore Rae and soon enough start hyperventilating and panic. I think I’m going to have a panic attack, no joke about it. My body is shaking heavily, heart palpitating fast enough to make it all sound like one beep on a monitor, perspiration that’s been forming   on my forehead is starting roll down my face.

PUP!

This can’t be happening! I want to meet my mate! I start thrashing around and hitting the walls of the bin again, weaker as my energy is starting to run low since I'm weak. My uncontrollable tears are parallel to the balls of sweat as they run down my tears; I messily wipe them across my cheek before I'm hitting the walls again.

___! LISTEN TO ME!

‘SLAM’

One last hit with both my hands, fists clenched as I stop my frenzy. I finally listen to Rae who’s constantly been calling my name.

You’re not dying pup! I won’t let you! SO STOP THIS MADNESS WITH HITTING THE WALL! YOUR HANDS ARE BLEEDING!

What? I don’t say anything to Rae and instead check my hands. Yeah they’re wet, no doubt from the blood that comes from the blood bags in here.

No I’m not… Nothing hurts…

___! YOUR ENTIRE HAND HURTS!

Yeah… Because I just hit the walls.

Check the side of your hands pup, below your pinkie fingers.

I slowly touch where she says and I hiss in pain when it stings right where I touched. I check my other had and sure enough, they're both bleeding since I probably kept grazing them along the rough wall. So I think the next best solution. Use my feet since they have hard heels on the bottom of my leather black shoes.

‘BANG BANG BANG’

I hit the walls in a stomp motion three times and freeze when I hear a voice outside.

“Hello?!”

She sounds female, maybe youngish. Maybe she’s a teacher. With the voice that I barely have left I scream my lungs and kick my legs for attention.

“HELP ME!! HELP!”

‘BANG BANG BANG’

“I’M COMING!”

That’s the response I get back, hearing clicks of high heels against the concrete slowly becoming louder. Then the sound of tape being ripped is heard before my eyes close from the overbearing brightness. It’s not even that bright since it’s like 5:40 right now but the sudden change hits me with oversensitivity paining my eyes.  I place my two blood stained hands above my eyes to create a shade and boy am I glad that it’s not a teacher who found me.

It was Nurse Jung.

“Oh my god ___!” Yeah… she knows I'm a submissive and uses it to her advantage as well. In a good way of course, making me stay for proper treatment occasionally at school. At least humans are nice enough to abuse me with my vulnerability.

Most humans are kind nowadays, mostly in fear and the rest grew up and learnt not to be bratty or else consequences appear. Vampires mostly, and other beings can’t attack humans due to a tax. A blood tax.  If humans donate their blood once every 2 years from the age 18 to 50 then they won’t have to fear being killed. Most abide, the rest turn into druggies which makes beings avoid them in general unless desperate. Werewolves don’t pose a purposeful threat as they have no reason to attack humans unlike vampires who survive on blood. Humans are even nice to me which I'm glad of since my strength is better than an adult by a fraction. I don’t know why werewolves and vampires are at peace though because they could be at each other’s throats with rivalry but I’d prefer it that way.

“Give me your hand ___.” I follow and lift my hand from my head to the hand that she outstretches. I notice her frown now, and how it deepened when she saw my bloody hands. Instead of grabbing them, she takes my forearm to help lift me up to my feet. She noticed my hands are bleeding.

When I stand in the dumpster, she uses whatever strength she has in her upper body to help lift my sleeping body out and onto the ground. I stumble at first due to my exhaustion, eventually falling onto my legs and properly breathing in the fresh air that I can finally access. My hands hurt from holding my upper body from slamming into the ground, to which I remove my hands and… slam into the ground but ANYWAYS!

I’M ALIVE! I’M ACTUALLY GOING TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY!

Told you.

Thank you Rae.

Now my head hurts but I couldn’t care less as I here Nurse Jung take my bag out of the dumpster. I then hear her heels come closer before she’s pulling on my arm again, helping me stand up while holding my bag in her other hand. Damn she’s strong.

When we enter her little nurse office/sick bay, she makes me sit on the bed before bringing a metal bowl and a bottle of water. She places the bowl on my lap and slowly takes my wrist, pouring the cold water onto my hands and I do whimper from the pain. When they’re fully clean, she takes the bowl filled with the reddish orange water to the sink and takes out a few rolls of gauze from the cupboard underneath. A gauze is that really long bandage that people wrap around things if you aren’t sure. She has like 4 rolls though.

Am I bleeding anywhere else Rae?

Not that I know of pup.

She takes one of my hands and starts bandaging it around the palm before she speaks up.

“Was it those 2 brats again?” She doesn’t look up to see my answer as my silence is a plain giveaway. “___.” “Yes…” I squeak out quietly, she can still sound scary sometimes. When one hand is down she moves onto the other and speaks up once more. “Why do you let them do this ___? What would happen if I wasn’t there?” “I-… I know… but it’s just so hard. I-I can’t even do anything f-for myself.” When she finishes wrapping my hands up she looks up and holds my hand gently.

“Honey…  I know you can’t help it but you need to be a little stronger. If you can’t stop them straight on then do it indirectly.” I can see the way her eyebrows go a little downwards with her eyes open that she pities me. It’s very different to her usual eye smile she usually has. “How do I even do that Nurse Jung?”

“First off, don’t call me Nurse Jung because I turned 28 in April so that makes me sound like I’m 280 years old and I don’t intend on being a vampire. Second, use your weakness to your advantage. Say something on the lines ‘Oh, if you hit me again then I can’t make food properly.’ or whatever. You’re a smart wolf,” then she scratches my head lightly making me giggle from the affection. The only affection I’ll get in a long time and my smile is visible to her, making her eyes slimmer from the way her smile pushes her cheeks up. I still think about how strange it feels if I was informal with someone 10 years older than me.

Did I forget to mention my age? I’m 16 by the way; born on the 1st of May which I absolutely loathe because that’s the day dad lashes me now. Remember how I said it was rare of dad to lash me? That’s because on my 15th birthday he’d lashed me for the same time and said that they were a gift from him. I would receive whatever age I was turning but that wasn’t enough to break skin. I’d say that’s due to his drunkard aim and coordination since he mourns for mom’s death in a disgraceful way.

“You can speak your way out of anything.” And she’s right. It is manipulation at its finest, which I find wrong, but it’s my only form of survival. I guess the saying ‘brain over brawl’ is true to its words. Nurse Ju- I mean Jessica then walks away and goes to a cupboard behind her to take out a tube before coming back and giving it to me. It reads ‘Antibiotic Cream’, probably for my cuts. Then she gives me the gauze rolls in my hand and lets me off the bed.

“Now I want you to put this cream on after the shower. I didn’t put it on now because you’re going to have a shower anyways so it’ll just wash off. Don’t reuse the bandages you have on now or you’ll get infected and remember. Remember this ___. Tell your dad to wrap your hands up and say ‘If you don’t then I can’t make you dinner.’ Okay?” I nod my head before she continues to talk. “Your cuts will fully dry by tomorrow afternoon, just make sure you take the bandage off in the morning and rub the cream on. Please tell me you're getting this ___.” I nod once more. “Come back tomorrow at lunch and we’ll see how it is. Now give me your phone number because I don’t want you to forget so I’m going to text you.” She hands me her phone and I quickly put in my number before I grab my bag.

“Bye ___.”

“Bye Jessica.”

~

When I get home, it’s unusually quiet.  That may seem favourable in some cases, especially mine since I get shouted at when I get home but it’s terrifyingly silent. Did dad leave the house? Because that means he’ll be drunk coming from a pub.

I quietly pad my way upstairs, creeping a look into his bedroom to see he’s not there. Before I panic, I quickly put my phone on charge and take my gross clothes off. It’ll take a while to get the stains out of this shirt but luckily I have like 2 more. I then take the bandages around my hands off, listening to what Jessica said before turning the shower on.  God my body is sticky, I just want to scrub every layer of skin off till I'm a bright pink, but my hands are immobile for now so maybe next time.

The bruises on my ribs are healing oaky, fast because I'm a werewolf, slow because I'm a submissive. Basically it’s halfway between the healing of a werewolf and the average human. Not that bad but still not good enough. My hands are burning now and I can see the gash on the side of my hand. It’s like someone took a very strong duct tape about the size of an eraser and ripped it off… times 10.

I leave my shower, put on some clothes and go to my phone to check if Jessica has texted me yet.

Unknown Number: ___ , it’s Jessica. Have you washed yourself yet?

I quickly put her number in my phone before I text back.

You: I did

 I just need to put my cream and gauze on

Jessica: Okay

 

I hear the front door open and slam close in between her texts. It wasn’t a loud slam though, controlled, that means he’s not angry… yet.

Jessica: Now tell your dad that you need help to do the wrapping otherwise he won’t eat

Does he know how to cook though

You: Not that I know of Jessica

Why

Jessica: That’s good. Because if he can’t then he has no choice.

You: Oh okay

I’m going to tell him now

Bye

Jessica: Bye ___, stay safe

 

I put my phone down and take the cream and gauze downstairs with me, stopping hallway down the steps just to check what dad is doing. He’s slouching by the dinner table, hands clasped in front of him as he looks in a different every second but he’s not drunk. He looks distressed, his knee bumping up and down as frantically with an occasional check to the watch on his hand.

I walk down the rest of the steps, making sure my feet are heard by the time I'm at the bottom. He looked frightened for a split second when he heard me before it whirls into the usual uptight figure with a scowl plastered on his face. I flinched when he abruptly pushed himself away from the table and jumped on his feet. For a minute I thought he’d hit me straight up but it seems not.

“What do you want?!” I flinched once more at his aggressive voice but remained in my place. I wanted to do this. To finally stand up for myself. Maybe it’s a little late but in the all the years that I have lived, I want to be able to not be scared of my dad.

 

WHO AM I KIDDING? IF JESSICA DIDN’T FORCE ME TO DO THIS THEN I DEFINITELY WOULDN’T!
But alas… I have no choice.

 

“I need you to put cream on my hands and wrap them up.” He waited for me to drown in regret, glaring me down sharply with his eyes but trails down to my hands. He studies how they're painfully pink while I'm holding the bandages and cream but snaps back to my eyes with question.

“Why the hell would I help you?!”

I take a deep breath before I answer him but it’s more of a whisper.

“Because I can’t cook if they’re hurt. It’ll get infected and you’ll have to pay for skin treatment.”

I bite my lower lip anxiously, watching the way he clenches his jaw before frowning in defeat. He’s lost for the first time and he can’t even hit me for it. “Fine. You’d better make me a good ing dinner or you’ll be in the hospital for something ELSE.” I do whimper slightly at the thought, wondering if this threat just saved my life or made it worse.

When he fixed my hands up, it stung like hell. By purposely making the bandage a little too tight, he’d made it as if I were being kidnapped and held ransom. I bet no one would pay for me though, Jessica maybe but I don’t want her wasting her money on me. Anyways, at least he wasn’t sloppy with a chance of the bandages coming off AT ALL. I did make dinner though, mostly for him because I had no appetite. You can’t blame me though. How would you feel if you were stuck in a dumpster for about an hour or so? I feel sick in the stomach as I recall the amount of blood bags in the bin, I'm pretty sure one was still full so I would’ve had to use that as a pillow.

But after all that, I can only say one thing.

Goodnight.

~

Starting my daily routine, I woke up at 7:30 to the irritating beeps of my phone alarm. I’m glad that I woke up with less pain on my body. My ribs do hurt a little, lifting my shirt to see a lot less bruising than before, or ever, but I don’t stop to celebrate and quickly put on my uniform. I’ve got a fuzzy feeling in my heart today, encouraging me to go to school and not concerned with all the potential risks with doing so. I had to change my bag to a shoulder bag since my backpack is now in the bin, at home by the way not at school. It’s probably home to a few flies due to the material soaking in the human blood. I gave up on it since I wasn’t bothered to clean it, but everything inside remained fine so that was perfect. I feel like I'm forgetting something though… what was it?

Meh, I couldn’t care less as I grab my bag and-

‘Crack’

“!” I think I slung my bag too much because I fall to the ground, clutching the rib that receives the inflicting agony. What the hell happened? It wasn’t that bad yesterday or the day I got hit. In fact it actually feels worse than ever, I think he’d broken my rib but it was slowly healing until now. I now confirm that I'm crying as I feel a lone tear run down but I won’t let it get me this time.

Good on you pup! Keep fighting on!

I don’t reply but I'm sure Rae knows why. Because on shaky knees, I pull myself up and off the ground, my arm around my lower torso as I leave the house. I don’t stop but I do stumble a little bit as I walk my way to school. I’m determined to go today for some reason, and I intend on knowing why. A rib of mine threatens to heal in a disabling form but I couldn’t care less because something encourages me to attend today.

When I get to school I'm immensely surprised by the lack of students in the hallways. Some are just coming and going before they’re all turning by the same corner. Curiosity seems to drag my feet forward, walking till I’m hiding behind the corner. God I feel sorry for whoever is in that crowd. Phone flashes are going off everywhere along with the adamant squealing of girls and even guys either flashing their sharp canines that are coming out from excitement, werewolf, vampire or human. God even Sehun and Chanyeol are there, frozen on the spot as they're ogling at whoever is in the middle. I bet it’s a girl since those 2 are homophobic as hell, and that would be damn ironic if they had male mates.

“She’s so pretty!”

“I wish I was her mate!”

“ she’s hot as !”

Great. Oh wait... Everybody is starting to move away from in front and- Holy .

Skin, as pale as a winter snow.
Eyes, deadly and sharp with an edge of iness.
Body sculpted perfectly like a flawless porcelain doll.
Lips… A bright red lipstick staining her kissable lips, contrasting the white skin she wears.

My heart was beating faster and faster the longer I looked at her. Something forced me to keep looking at her, yet run away as if she’d be the one to conscript what would be called pure pain. I wasn’t exaggerating how beautiful she was but I'm not about how intimidating she looks either. She’s a flawless vampire; every inch of her would be dangerous to touch. Luckily nobody has reached passed that border yet, but I'm sure someone will fall of the edge and she’ll glare eagle eye anyone who dares. She looks like she despises being here, probably because of the sudden move to the kingdom.

I was expecting Rae to speak up but all that was heard was silence, most likely mesmerised by the intoxicating female.

I don’t want to mess with her or have anything to do with her but my eyes fail me. They’re taking in how captivating the beauty looks as she walks her way down the corridors. She’s nearby now but she doesn’t pay heed to anybody that surrounds her yet. She’s approaching the corner I hide behind so I carefully back myself away so that I remain unseen. I watch her pass me boldly, literally 2 metres away, and a chill runs through my body as 3 voices whisper say the same thing.

Mate.

Mate.

“Mate.”

I freeze on the spot, staggered by what Rae and I had said at the same time. This couldn’t be her. She couldn’t be my mate. Maybe it was someone in the crowd, but that would be impossible since everybody in the crowd has given me a push in the hallways at least once. She stops herself, the last step making a loud ‘clack’ from the heel of her shoe as everyone behind her stop, some falling and tripping but they were in the midst of the crowd and never met the ground. The timing was impeccable as it made me in in the middle but on the side so nobody would realise I was there. I’d blended in with the group for once in my entire life and for a split second I was relieved.

That was until I connected the dots and was the terrified I ever was in my entire life.


Hi guys!! I know you guys are saying that the oc is too weak but don't worry because as the story goes on things will change. Thanks to those that have subscribed!!

MEOW OUT!