Break Out

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Saturday

___ POV ~

I grimaced at the feeling of the bright light that was shining onto my face. My eyes crinkled from the sting when I struggled the open my eyelids, causing me frustration as I tried to sit myself up but it had only proved fruitless as I felt like I was being pushed down. I must be too tired, but I'm not tired enough to realise that my head lies on a comfy pillow and my body on a bed.

What happened?

Oh right, I fell down in the middle of the street, ha again, and someone took me, once again that’s the second time. Except, whoever it was sounded more… creepy. As if they were planning to sell me or something. Who sells submissives though? You keep them for your own wrong doings. Okay this is not helping me.

I try to move my hand towards my face to bock the light that continues to bother my eyes but there was a slight problem, I can’t move my hand at all. No, this is not from me being so tired and my body being asleep, I can tense my muscles but I can’t move them. Not my arms, legs, and that’s why I couldn’t sit myself up.

My panic mode kicks in; telling me to move and wriggle as much as I can in attempt to escape whatever is keeping me down. My eyes have already adjusted to the annoying brightness so now I could very slowly open them, and now I definitely know that I'm in a bed. But I can’t move. Reason being that the blanket was duct taped down for who knows what, ensuring that I would move a single inch.

Or leave.

Now my panic mode was scaling high, forcing my body to try and wriggle out and scream as loud as possible but the pain in my back was telling me to stop doing so. “What the- LET ME GO! PLEASE!” The instinct of not being able to move and duct tape just reminded me of that dumpster incident, consisting of me crying out for help even though my through stung.

“Chae, she’s awake!” I heard a guy say, before a girl replied back. “I’m coming, lemme just grab the scissors!” Scissors? For what reason will she need scissors? “That’s not fast enough, use a knife. It’s easier as well.” What the ? “But what if it cuts through by accident?” Are these people really going to torture me with a knife? “Just go! Before she actually runs away or something!”

Oh heck no am I staying here. But it’s too late; a girl with long brown hair already starts lunging onto me with a long and most definitely sharp knife in her hand, almost ready to stab through my chest.

“Please, please don’t kill me! Let me go, I swear I won’t tell anyone!” My breathing starts to grow erratic the minute I feel her sit on my stomach, the blade in her hand held with a proper grip.

Maybe the road wasn’t going to be a nice death, but this was going to be a messy one.

I watched the girl, wolf as I note which is even worse because werewolves hate submissives the most, quickly make a slicing motion with her wrist and I automatically close my teary eyes and tense.

“Please please please don’t kill me.” I whisper to myself, praying to god that knife does not go through my chest.

But I never felt a thing.

I felt her go from my left side and then she went to my right, making me curious as to what she was doing if she weren’t mutilating me. Moments later, I feel the unnamed girl off my stomach, realising that she’d in fact straddled me but just on top of the blanket so it looks much less indecent.

Get your mind out the gutter pup.

Sorry, hehe.

When she gets off of me, I realise how loose the blanket had gotten, opening my eyes when I feel the blanket being taken off by the girl and the weight dipping to the side, indicating that the girl was sitting next to me on the bed. She looked a little hesitated, probably because of how shaken I was until she spoke, and I knew she was definitely hesitant about talking to me.

“I um…sorry about that… I should’ve just said I was cutting the tape off the blanket.” Peering over, I notice the slash marks on each side as she continued to speak. But I showed my confusion on my face when I was trying to figure out why she’d taped me down. “You were shaking and moving a lot, screaming actually at some points.” The way she spoke, she made it so much more awkward than it was.

One thing I got out of this though, she helped me. She and her guy friend, maybe her mate even, I'm not sure because she looked my age kind of but who knows. She was really pretty though.

She helped me sit up before she cleared , causing me to look at her as she introduced herself. “I’m Rosé, or Chaeyoung, or Chae, whatever you want to call me.” She brought her hand forward to shake, and though I was so sceptical, I slowly brought my hand to hers and shook it. “I’m ___...” There wasn’t really much to call me, they were usually derogatory terms that insulted the hell out of me.

“I brought the food!”

We both whip our heads to a boy wearing round glasses and black soft hair; he looks a bit smaller than the girl in front of me but a sweet smile like hers. He’s a werewolf as well as I can see, but I don’t really think these two are mates by any chance. They don’t have that extremely cheery vibe when they’re together, maybe just best friends since they probably live together.

I see him carry in a tray that has a plate of sandwiches, some milk, water and some pills which I'm guessing are for me because who else needs them right now. They’re treating me so nicely, it’s almost scary being treated like this kindly unless it’s Sica, but she’s scary as well.

He gently sets the tray on the bedside table in front of ‘Chae’ and then stays standing next to her before he spoke up. “My name is Baekhyun, and I live in this house alone with Chae, orphans who left the adoption home because we were getting too old.” Chae brought the plate of sandwiches in front of me, gesturing to eat when she notices I don’t eat. “Eat some food ___, I'm guessing it’s been a while since you ate.” I nodded while biting my lip, slowly taking a half and nibbling on it.

“So why were you on the road like that?” ‘Baekhyun asked, because that’s a pretty valid question. “I ran away… my mate told me to leave her alone so I left town.” My voice was pretty hoarse while speaking that sentence, probably from the screaming and lack of water but first I wanted to eat. Judging from the faces on these two saviours of mine, I don’t think they understand as to why I would actually leave town.

“I have to do it since I'm a submissive,” A heavy sigh left my lips before I looked down and kept talking. “And everyone hated me at there so I felt that it was much better than staying.” It feels nice to kind of rant to someone who won’t judge you. “Then why didn’t you go back to your family?”Chae asked, a very touchy topic if I might add.

“Did you guys fix my back?” I asked instead. “Well yeah… it was bleeding pretty badly and so we couldn’t risk it at all.” I nodded before putting the plate away; I had one piece so that was okay. I took a sip of probably the best water because of how dehydrated I was before I spoke up. “My dad had used his belt in me a lot when I visited one time.”

The piteous looks on their faces. It’s strange seeing people look at me like that.

I didn’t like it at all.

“Is your mate’s name Jennie?” That stung a bit in my chest, I'm sure they saw my slight grimace but I nodded. “Sorry… you kept saying her name in your sleep, that’s why.” I didn’t reply to Chae.

In the sympathetic silence, I noticed something that had gone over my head before but now that I think about it, I feel really weird being in front of these two.

“Uh… how did I get into these clothes? I’m really clean as well…”

It didn’t take long for Chae’s cheeks to turn a rosy pink and look away as Baekhyun nervously chuckled. “Chaeyoung had to um… give you a bath. We wouldn’t have been able to take care of your back otherwise it would be really unsanitary so we had to do something… And Rosé is a girl so I thought that she should just… yeah.” He ended while scratching the back of his neck and I had the urge to just cover myself with the blanket.

This girl had seen everything...

Everything.

Stop it.

Hey… its privacy Rae.

“I didn’t do anything though! I barely looked as well!” I hear Chae exclaim before coughing and looking away.

To be honest, watching them try to comfort me brought a small smile to my face. They’re trying their best for who I'm guessing are 16 like me.

But it occurs to me one thing. I must have been such a bother, apparently shaking and screaming in my sleep, having to address my rooms and wash me. And they were probably tired; I'm guessing they were driving home from a long trip if they found me on a random road like that.

“I’m sorry...” I whisper while looking. “Hmm?” I hear Baekhyun respond, and both their eyes on me but I continue. “I must’ve been such a hassle for you guys to take care of me. I can’t really do any good for you here, so I better just get going then.” I make a move to leave the bad when Chaeyoung puts her hands on my legs, willing me to stay.

“Don’t leave ___, where are you going to go?” I shrug, not even sure myself. “Just stay here with us. Nothing’s wrong with that.” Baekhyun chimes in. “He’s right. There aren’t any other towns till at least an hour away by car. And you’re a submissive, other towns don’t have the right history books.” I perk my head up at that last bit.

“What do you mean?” Chaeyoung and Baekhyun look at either before they look back at me, Baekhyun taking a deep breath before speak.

“Let’s just say that submissives are good people and lots of people were taught they weren’t. We just want to make sure you stay safe ___, you don’t deserve any of the pain that you received all your life, they’re all idiots who don’t deserve your kind. You deserve all the happiness for what your kind has done for us; the debt we owe to your kind is what we should pay you. We can make an arrangement with the school, they have one with us since we’re both minors, Chaeyoung is 16 while I'm 17. It’s all under control ___, we just get you a job and you’re all good.”

I started tearing up only few seconds within his little plan of theirs for me, soon bursting into cries of happiness as Chae quickly sat beside me and comforted me. I felt so grateful towards them, it was so surreal. The way they’re treating me so nicely because I was a submissive, not hurting me like everyone else.

Not like Jennie.

We can’t think about her now pup, we’ve got a new life here.

You’re right, but I can’t instantly forget about her. She’s my soulmate; it’s too hard to rid her out of my mind and heart, even though I hate her.

I know pup, but slowly we heal.

Slowly.

Yes pup, slow and steady wins the race.

Hehe, but I still don’t get what Baekhyun and Chaeyoung meant.

They’re providing you refuge, not that hard.

No I mean… what debt is he talking about?

Oh… I told you pup; there are some things I’d rather not tell you.  I’d rather that you don’t learn about any of this stuff.

But Rae, this is the whole reason why I'm being abused at home, humiliated at school, why Jennie is repulsed by me. This is something I should know.

No, this is why you shouldn’t know pup. This debt... it’s bound to traumatise you and bring your self-esteem much lower than it already is. I can’t do that to you, that’s not my role as your wolf.

Is it really that bad Rae?

I'm sorry pup…

“___... ___!” I jolted when I felt Chaeyoung nudge me as they both called my name. I must’ve phased out while talking to Rae, happens a few times when it gets really intense.

“Hmm what?” I said while looking around, noticing that my head was resting on Chae’s lap which was nice to lay on, finding myself staring at her face. I must say, Chae is a very pretty girl. She has that comforting smile that makes me safe, calming eyes as well.

“Ahem, while you guys are done staring at each other, we need to prepare for tomorrow.” Baekhyun announced, causing Chae and I to stop looking at each other feel the warmth reach our faces as we both blushed a deep red. Then I realised what Baekhyun said. “Why? What’s happening tomorrow?” He smiled at me goofily, as if he were trying to hold in his giggles.

“The full moon.”

Jennie POV ~

‘Brrr Brrr’

I hear my phone ring on the table, quickly grabbing it when I realise that it’s the officer from the station calling. Dad and I went to the station a week after ___ had left just in case we hear that she is found somewhere to go and is safe, ready to come home when I say. Okay that sounded really gross when I said that, she’s not a ing dog.

Actually…

No, she’s not a dog, wolves are a type of dog but she’s a werewolf, not a pet.

Anyways, my head and heart is filled with hope and I immediately wish that some sort of good news is waiting to flow into my ears.

J: Hello?

O: Hello miss, this is Officer Park, is this Princess Jennie Kim?

J: Did you find my mate?!

O: I… I’m sorry ma’am, we have not as of yet though we have some issues regarding your mate.

J: Issues?

O: Um yes, it seems that her father has recently been caught taking illicit drugs for quite a while. We request that you come down to the station along with your father due to you being a minor to assess what you’d like us to do as you’re his closest family.

J: Closest family? I don’t even know what his first name, what the hell?!

O: Um… His name is Yonghwa Kwon ma’am and-

J: I was being sarcastic for s sake! Why am I his closest family? Doesn’t he have anyone?

O: It appears not m-ma’am… they’ve disappeared from records so we can only assume they're dead.

J: Fine. I’ll be there with my father in 10 minutes.

I hung up my phone and quickly called my dad.

D: Jennie?

J: Dad, can you take me to the police station?

D: Why? Did they find ___?

J: Um… not yet. It’s about her dad.

D: Oh, I'm sure he’s worried! Hang on; I'm just getting into the car.

J: No… he was caught taking illicit drugs and so-

D: Sorry, what was that dear?

J: I said that he took drugs and-

D: Wait, I'm in the car now. What happened dear?

J: HES BEEN ARRESTED! GOD!

D: …

J: Hello?

D: Arrested? Why would he-

J: Dad he’s been doing this stuff for a while.

D: How do you know this?

J: The officer just called me.

D: Wait, I'm at the front of the house. Come down now.

Rolling my eyes, I quickly hang up and get down without a second thought. I see my dad out the front by peeking out the window, leaving the house and jumping in the car as soon as possible. I needed to talk more about this with my dad.

“What is this about Mr Kwon getting arrested Jennie?” He glanced at me for a second before he started reversing out the driveway. “Okay so I’m not the worst thing that happened to ___ if we’re being honest, though I am extremely close…” I whispered the last part, hoping my dad didn’t hear how regressive I’d been with coping right now. “Her dad is. He’d been caught taking drugs and apparently been taking so for a long time.” “But why would he do that?” A round of applause for my inconclusive dad please.

“Dad,” He stopped at a sign and looked at me. “He hated ___. He took drugs because ___’s mom died and he was pissed off that she died with a birth to a submissive so he blames ___.” My dad furrowed his eyebrows, slightly confused I believe as he asked me. “And how do you know this Jennie?” We arrived at the police station, remaining in the parked car as we continued to talk but honestly I was getting so annoyed at how oblivious dad was being that I accidently shouted it out at him.

“BECAUSE HE HITS ___ WHENEVER HE WANTS!”

Flashes of her belted back flashed in my mind causing me to close my eyes, but it only made it worse and more vivid as I remembered the amount of scars that remain on her back now. My nails ended up digging into the seat and I bit my lip to hold back any sort of sound I’d make in despair when I recall how she tried to muffle her screams of pain.

“Jennie!”

I flinch from the sound of dad calling my name worriedly, looking at him with panic when he looks on the verge of killing someone in a matter of seconds. Most likely ___’d dad if you think about it, but it being me is a good possibility as well from hiding this from him.

“What do you mean he hits her?!” I gulped once to soothe my dry throat though nothing would be able to help me. “One day ___ went to get her school stuff and I said okay… but then she came back with l-lashes on her back a-and-” I couldn’t speak anymore as a tear rolled down my cheek and I choked back my sob.

“Why didn’t you tell me before? I would’ve had this idiot of a werewolf behind bars long ago.” Dad asked softly. “I never remembered about her dad, I forced her to never go back again. Even if I didn’t like her then, I still didn’t want her to go…”

Did I not want her to go because I didn’t want to be blamed by my parents, or because I knew she would get hurt? Did I have such anger and sadness from seeing my mate’s back hurt that I denied my feelings for her, sculpting my own excuses into ones for my own selfish reasons?

Maybe I did care about her, my pure feelings for her are only just starting to break out.
 


Lol... should i change the oc name? i rarely even say her name but i meant to do the ___ thingy as a like y/n or pick your own name but its so weird now XD 

Anyways, be ready for an update tomorrow and also the day after. 3 days in a row for you peeps :)

MEOW OUT!