Dowoon - Hot and Cold Part I

DAY6 DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The big metal doors clanged shut with a large bang behind, making you wince in pain at the loud noise assaulting your sensitive nerves. The disgruntled sigh that came from your school’s security guard made you shrink, guilt crawling its way into your heart. You felt bad that you stayed so late in school and delayed the closing of the school for the school but there was some urgent student council matters to handle and being it’s president, you had no choice but to stay back and plough through the thick stack of paperwork.

I bet the school security guard hates me now…

As you muttered a mental apology to the school security guard, you noticed your bus zoom past your sight and that’s when the urgency of the situation hit you.

The next bus stop was 5 minutes away by foot,

The bus would reach in 2 minutes,

And that was the last bus of the night.

To make the situation worse, the rain was pounding onto the pavements mercilessly, the impact of the rain onto the ground making the small droplets rising up to your knee level. The first thought on your mind was simply to run, and that’s exactly what you did. Holding onto the contents of your backpack to make sure that they don’t fall out, you ran after the bus frantically, taking in mouthfuls of rain as you gasped for breath. Thankfully, you managed to catch the bus in time but by that time, you were soaking wet. Water droplets was literally dripping from your clothing, your hair was stuck in your face and you were coughing rather violently in an attempt to rid all that extra water from your body system. As you got onto the bus, the first sensation you were aware of was the cold. The air conditioning was on and coupled with your wet self, the entire bus felt like Antarctica to you. As the passengers threw dirty stares your way, you tried to hurry along the aisle to find a seat at the back and eventually, you slumped into the seat and curled your body, trying to conserve as much body heat as possible. As a pool of water began to form steadily around you, no one was within a three seat radius of you and you didn’t even have the energy to feel hurt or guilty anymore. All you could think of is how terribly cold you are and how much you wished you had a jacket with you now.

So of course, when someone sits down beside you, it caught your attention. Looking up, you see a familiar face. Squishy cheeks, curly dark hair and contrasting deep set eyes that always make him seem more mature than his actual years. Yoon Dowoon, the basketball star of your school, was sitting right next to you.

But that isn’t the most shocking thing.

Him giving you his jacket is.

But when he drapes his black basketball jacket over you, you don’t protest. Instead, you snuggle deeper into the warm jacket, extremely grateful for the residual heat left behind. You mumble out a weak “Thank you”, your teeth chattering so much it’s making it hard for you to speak coherently. When he shifts closer towards you, you naturally scoot away, afraid that your backpack and you are taking up too much space. But when you feel him scoot closer the second time, you start to wonder why.

What is he doing? Is he going to try something funny? But he isn’t that type of guy right? It also doesn’t make sense for him to be nice to me and then try to harm me later.

That’s when realisation hit you.

Oh… he’s trying to keep me warm with his body heat…

At this point, you let your guard down, close your eyes and drift off to sleep for a little while. The next time you awake, he was gone and you had reached your stop. Your hand instinctively curled around the jacket and you held onto it tightly until you got home. That’s when you were stripped bare of all your possessions including his jacket before being sent into the hot shower by your concerned mother. You hadn’t even noticed you had brought him his jacket until your mother questioned you about it.

“Y/N are you dating?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter