Paradise

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 4 - Paradise

 

What was it like for Yunho when Jaejoong was gone?

 

 

 

Back in 2011, Yunho who just came from a press meeting  was walking in one of the hallways of SM building to get to their room. There were always many people in the building, some he knew and some he didn't, but they were busy minding their own affairs. He was also minding his own affairs, thinking if he answered the questions from the press correctly, and if the whole image he gave off only meant to promote their album.

As he was turning a corner, his attention was grabbed by the mention of JYJ.

"JYJ from Dong Bang Shin Ki? Hah! What a joke." A man in his late 30s, shorter and stubbier than Yunho, commented. He was talking with his associates about the latest hot issue of Jaejoong saying he missed Changmin and Yunho, and then changing his profile in twitter to JYJ from DBSK.

"This bastard knows how to milk money from TVXQ. Being banned from national TV will make you crawl and beg for scraps. Aishh these good for nothing.."

Yunho stopped in his tracks and was unknowingly staring intensely and heatedly at this man in front of him. He knew him. He's one of the managers on this floor. They have eaten and drank together a few times but that was it.

"Yunho!" The manager noticed him and was all smiles.

"Kwajang-nim," Yunho greeted politely.

The older man went near Yunho and placed his arm on his shoulder. "Now this guy.." he said to his associates while patting yunho. "This guy is a star - Hard working, talented, humble, huh?! Truly how a star should be. Not like some ingrates," he said. The other guys were agreeing with him.

"You praise me too much. I only do what I can, " Yunho said as he smiled and bowed to them all.

But no one could tell that his stomach was churning from the ill disposition. There were countless of times he was presented with this situation and with people who speak nothing more than gossip and hate. He would act cordially and smile, but it was like his heart was stabbed and the knife wasn't taken out. This is the path he treaded everyday.

That night, Yunho was contemplating on his bed. He knew he swore never to check articles or read about JYJ unless he wanted additional unwelcome heart ache. But he was so curious. He pulled up Jaejoong's twitter profile on his phone. “mjjeje," he searched.

He saw Jaejoong's face - a face so familiar he knew every crook and every wrinkle. He even knew the spots that get hit first by light under the sun.

And there it was, "JYJ from DBSK" It said under his photo.

The knife in his heart twisted. It was of anger, of pain, of gladness that they still consider themselves DBSK, even in essence.

He then read Jaejoong's tweet below,

"I don’t know if I should say this… but I miss Yunho and Changmin, they are our members no matter what people say and they all know it better than anyone else… People might say I’m being silly but I miss them after a long time."

Yunho his phone's screen with his thumb. "I miss you too..." He said under his breath. But in his mind there was nothing he could do about it. Whenever the two of them tried to make up, they would only end up fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter