Chapter 8 : Love Yourself

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter 8: Love Yourself

 

A month passes and honestly, neither of them knows what to do. When Nayoung and Yebin had destroyed the memory of them and got accepted into the school once again, they’ve been trying to keep it on the down-low. They wiped everyone’s memory of them, so they were once again new.

 

The past few weeks have been ridiculously stressful and tiring for Yebin. She has opted to stop sleeping and instead take out her worries in combat, training her fire and water controlling. She was also motivated to learn wind from Nayoung so she has been teaching her the basic movements as well.

 

She took a shower before leaving for school, not waiting for Nayoung. She wanted some peace and quiet to study a bit so she headed towards the library. It was 7, about one and a half hours before she the bell would ring for school and an hour before most people would start arriving.

 

She slouched herself onto the couch, plugging some earphones in before pulling out her textbooks. Without knowing, she stays there for almost 30 minutes, too engaged in the book that Yebin doesn’t even notice other people entering the library.

 

However, something woke her from the trance. She snapped her eyes to her left and just a few metres away from the entrance was Kim Minkyung. She doesn’t know what exactly made her notice her so quickly, perhaps it was due to the training she received from Nayoung, or maybe the simple intuition that we all have when someone is staring at you. Or it could just be because it was her.

 

Their eye contact lingers, Yebin could feel her grip on her book loosening. She zones out, simply taking in the fact that she was right there, her smile, her eyes, her hair, her scent her everything. Unconsciously, she smiles. And then she feels the tears slide down her cheeks. A sudden pang of sadness runs through her. She could see, no she could feel how devastated Minkyung was. She could feel how empty she felt after the oval instance. She looked different, she didn't have the same glow as she had before. Yebin didn’t know if she was crying because of her own sadness or Minkyung’s. She knows, however, that she can’t allow it to continue. She closes her eyes for a moment, letting one more tear to escape her eyes and splash against her pale hands.

 

She looks up and sees Minkyung crying too. For a second, she doubts everything, she was willing to throw everything away to comfort her, but she realises that all she is going to be doing is hurting more. Yebin retracts her hand and clenches her fists. She waits for the exact moment Minkyung blinks and to her surprise, she successfully disappears once again, finding herself teleported in one of the empty classrooms. She walks out and she feels her heart clenching with every step she takes. She fell so hard for Minkyung that in the end, it left her heart all bruised and scratched. But she knows that like most injuries, time will heal. All she needs is a bit of time but she doesn’t know how long she even has.

 

Yebin takes some time to compose herself, wiping the tears from her face. She could tell her eyes were red and not the kind from tears. She looked at her reflection in one of the windows.

 

Without realising, she has lost a lot of weight in the past weeks. Her eyes looked tired, her full squishy cheeks were gone and she had completely lost herself. She hated it. She hated how she could be so easily influenced, she hated how she let hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter