courir en vous

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song(s) I recommend for this chapter: Bolbbalgan4-Some // Davichi-To Me

COURIER EN VOUS/ RUNNING INTO YOU

 

"F=GM1M2 divided by R2 for gravity. The..." Baekhyun dozed off his professor words about physics as he leaned his head to his hand. Tapping his pencil, he wrote down the equation and stared blankly at the black chalkboard. His thoughts drifted back to what happened yesterday. That man he wondered, that man was someone familiar but he couldn't pin-point it; it was just on the tip of his tongue. But he quickly dismissed the idea and thoughts as he focused on how to solve gravity- as if he's ever going to need that information in the real world.

When the bell rang, the professor dismissed the class, and Baekhyun took his sweet time putting away his notes. As he was doing so, his friend Jongdae waited for him by the door. "Good afternoon, professor Kang." Jongdae greeted, flashing a smile at the elderly teacher, the teacher giving the same warm greetings. Baekhyun, who heard his friend's voice, looked at him as he too smiled at him. 

"Hey, Jongdae." Baekhyun waved, bowing to his teacher as the two left the classroom. The two friends ran into Minseok, who was also taking his leave from his literature class. "Hey, Minnie." 

"AISH! Don't call me that." Minseok whined, pretending to hit Baekhyun as the boy laughed at his antics. Chasing the boy around while Jongdae smiled at the two.

"I think it's pretty cute. Minnie. Minnie." Jongdae whispered under his breath. Even though the words were quite, Minseok caught it and he quickly stopped trying to hit Baekhyun, turning pink at the words. It did have a nice ring to it, Minseok thought, only when Jongdae says it. Baekhyun looked at the two, they were just walking side by side, not even talking to each other. With a raise of his eyebrows, he smirked at the two that looked at him with confusion before he ran outside, screaming:

"GET MARRIED YOU TWO!" Baekhyun laughed as he ruffled his hair. Hmm it's raining, he thought to himself. He reached out his hand to catch the small water droplets as he sniffed in that weird but comforting smell of rain. Quickly, he walked into the cafe where he worked at every other day beside Wednesday and Sunday. As he walked inside the coffee scented cafe, he greeted his manager and a few coworkers. 

"Good afternoon, Yixing-ge!" Baekhyun greeted. The said latter turned around from one of the customers he was conversing with to greet the boy back:

"Good afternoon, Baekhyun-ah!" He smiled a big dimple grin before turning back to talk to the male customer. Baekhyun looked at the two and thought they would make a pretty cute couple: Yixing was an incredible guy with a golden heart and the boy was short and cute, and he matches Yixing ideal type. Nonetheless, he smiled at the two and went to the back to dress up in his work attire.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the designs of dresses and suits that his very talented designers showed him. Flipping through the pages, he was quick to say what he liked and very quick to throw those he hated. Dresses with large flowers near the neck look suffocating as Chanyeol looked at the design with disgust in his face. "THIS." He shouted, loud voice booming made the hectic workers stop at their sections and staffs pause at where they were. He held up multiple designs that looked overall horrendous. "This is a spring fashion runaway. Spring has beautiful arrays of colours, such as pink, green, and much more. Spring is the season of growth, not suffocation and death on the runaway." He glared at the designer, who coward at the crowd of other talented designers.  "We, at D'or, make wearable outfits, that are both comfortable and luxurious." With that speech, he dismissed all the workers, expect one.

"Boram, come here please." He called out. The small lady with stencils on her arms came forward to her big boss. Chanyeol bent his knees so he could be at her height. Boram, who was still shivering and shaking from the scolding, quivered when she came face-to-face with the man that yelled at her. He put his hand on her shoulders, to assure the petite woman he wasn't going to yell or bed mad; Boram softly sniffled. "Hey. Hey." He called out, feeling extremely guilty that he made her cry and sniffle. 

"Your design of that dress was amazing. It was superb artistic. But it wasn't what we need for Seoul Fashion Week." He told her. Boram looked at him with shock written on her face. She couldn't believe he actually liked the design, and also how soft and careful his voice was compared to his booming voice before. "Maybe, Paris Fashion Week. It'll be the closing show." Boram, who couldn't hold in her excitement, jumped towards the man who laughed. She was blessed with such an amazing opportunity that she full on started crying, making Chanyeol panic.

"Bo-Boram!" He worried, everyone around the two looked at them in worry. "Hey, hey stop." In seconds, Boram sniffled and wiped her nose and tears before speaking to the worried man:

"No, thank you so much, sir! I will not let you down!" With a full 90 degrees bow, she ran off to her station.

Park Chanyeol, CEO of D'or Magazine and fashion designer of D'or, he might seem rude and overall arrogant, but deep inside he was just a 26-year-old entrepreneur who goes to fairs to win big stuffed animal for his best friend, Sehun and a guy with a small stuffed wolf in his car hanging from his rearview mirror. He was a man one feared, but never hate, and he's glad no one hates him.

 

 

 

When the clock struck 2:30 , Chanyeol waved goodbye to his assistant to take a lunch break at the cafe nearby. As he got outside the building, he cursed at the fact that it was raining quite hard. Going back inside, he politely asked the man at the front desk if he had a spare umbrella, and luckily he did have one. Thanking the man, the CEO finally took his leave and drove to the cafe.

When he arrived at the cafe, he was surprised at the fact that it was quite packed. As he opened the door, he quickly closed it and cursing at himself for forgetting such important things- a cover-up, such as hats or glasses. Luck was on his side when he remembered that he has a spare sunglass inside his car. Putting on the glasses, he fixed his trench coat as he walked into the cafe. 

The CEO was greeted with a small line in front of the cashier, he softly pouted. He didn't want to miss a chance of seeing that cute male he saw yesterday. As the line moved forward, he was finally at the cashier. The cashier turned his back towards Chanyeol to make the ious customer's coffee when he was done he called out a number. 

Chanyeol's breath hitched, he couldn't believe it. This had to be serendipity or some sort because it was him, the man from yesterday. He couldn't believe fate was on his side as he smiled a toothy grin. Before he could order his French vanilla mocha, he was abruptly pushed from the back, his sunglasses crooked as they fell on the ground. The person that hit him apologize and kept bowing, but stopped when she realized who was in front of him.

"P-PARK CHANYEOL!" She yelled out. "IT'S PARK CHANYEOL!" She cried out. Everyone in the cafe started to freak out and crowd around the man, whispers of 'that's really Park Chanyeol' and 'he looks so good' were heard from the crowd. Baekhyun, who was behind the counter and holding the beverage, looked confused. He thought back to last night, the name sounded familiar. 

"Park...Park Chanyeol. Where have I heard that name?" He thought to himself. "AH! TAO!" His eyes sparked up as he called out for Yixing who was already trying his best to control the situation. With no fear but determination, he ran out of the counter to where Chanyeol was and grabbed his wrist. Chanyeol, who felt someone grabbing his wrist, looked down to see that it was him. With a small tug, Baekhyun wiggled the two of them outside the cafe from the Staff's Only door. 

The customers pouted as Yixing told them: "FREE COOKIES!" Which made everyone cheer.

 

 

 

When Baekhyun successfully dragged him out of the cafe and behind the cafe, where a small roof covered the two from the harsh rain. Chanyeol was still in daze because he couldn't believe what just happened. Cross out the crazy stampede of fans, but rather the cute worker dragging him. When the two caught their breaths, Baekhyun spoke first:

"I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT! I MEAN I kind of did, but yeah. I'm sorry, sir." He bowed at the tall man. Chanyeol quickly dismissed him and told him it was totally fine and thanked the short man of his action. "If, I could ask," Baekhyun said, Chanyeol looked at him, ",uh are you a model? Or idol?"

Chanyeol laughed, surprising the college student. "Oh no, I'm a CEO of D'or Magazine and the clothing brand, Park Chanyeol. Nice to mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter