Harbinger

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The city of lights they say.

 

Sailors would perch steeply against the ship's railing, peering dangerously at the fluorescent, captivating chroma of beguiling lights dancing like fairies in misty forests. The fountain-like architecture of the floating island itself left every traveler breathless at it's magnificent sight. 

 

Similar to a siren's calling, others would say.

 

Most who wandered in would find it extremely arduous to figure a way out. The mirage-like complexity of the internal spaces and passages shuts its' door to the external world. A mind game. 

 

They say that the city of Lumineiré is paradise at its finest.

 

But subject #121212 would beg to differ.

 

"Please don't do this father" a young boy, no older than eighteen, wept as he clutched dearly onto the ending strands of his biological father's jacket. "Don't do this to me, not me please" he choked, snot and tears caking his pale white complexion.

 

His father stared down at him motionlessly. He exhaled a heavy breath and maneuvered his lips and chin in a circular motion before ejecting a lump of spit next to the devastated boy's side. "Where's my pay?" He queered at a male dressed in blood red suit. 

 

"My, my daddy" the male in red singsonged. "Don't be too harsh on the little lamb here" he mocked. "Of course, of course I'll give it to you! This little nugget- Hwan was it?"

 

"Hyun" the father corrected, picking out a used piece of cigarette from his grubby pocket. "Just get to it clown."

 

The figure in the checkered, red suit- or more known as 'Clown', smiled eerily as he took a leather black suitcase from his assistant's side and threw it into the arms of the impatient man. "Now go! Shoo! Shoo! The show's starting and I can't afford a sickly looking boy to be standing on MY stage" he emphasised, throwing his arms high into the air with a maniac-like expression. His lips stretched too far to be human whilst his eyes convulsed and quivered with every twitch of his nose. "Disperse you low life" he announced before turning on his heel and making his grand exit.

 

"...father" the boy croaked, face squashed into his blister-filled palms as he crawled on the floor, body moulded into a ball. "Father help me please- save me" he whispered with great difficulty.

 

"Whatever happens, never return home." His father seethed. 

 

Without looking back, the man whom Hyun once called father never turned back. Hyun's breaths increased as he begins to hyperventilate. Just yesterday, he was mourning over the death of his sickly mother. His siblings were all huddled beside him, compressed in tears. But before he could stand up and tried to raise his little brothers and sisters with all his might, his very own father had sold him.

 

He was sold to the worst place he could think of.

 

Everyone living inside the walls of Lumineiré would know the place known as the 'demon's calling'. 

 

Ensorcell.

 

A disguise known as a plain old city bar with captivating exterior made out of overly lit neon signs and sublime ornaments. No sane local would dare to approach such risky place. The only fools falling for such blatant lies would be naive tourists head-full of celebrations and ignorance. It was not only foreigners who reside in such revolting site. Royalties b with untamed riches would head pridefully inside the mouse trap and spoil their earnings without the bat of an eye.

 

Human-trafficking they called it.

 

Children, women and men alike were sold at unimaginable prices. 

 

Bidded upon. ualised and lusted over. Like inanimate objects over a grand podium. 

 

They were used for indecent purposes. Treated like dolls and posed in glass cages for display. Only the most obscene and irrational human beings would actually participate in the 'Reap'. A process otherwise known as bidding for the said 'toys'. Once the object, not simply limited to human beings were posted for auction, nothing could ever reverse the process. 

 

Even if disturbances were to occur, Clown would surely put a halt to any plans of trouble. 

 

No one in their right mind residing at Lumineiré would ever dare to go against the Clown.

 

"S-someone" Hyun hiccuped, panic engulfing him- consuming him whole. "Save me..."

 

The winds roared at the clouded night sky.

 

Today was yet another peaceful days at sea. The bubbling waters surrounding the ships docked at the spotless white harbour could only enthrall danger. 

 

"Rin, we can't waste much time here." A doe-eyed male whispered as he clutched softly at the fleeting lady. His chestnut brown h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter