✘ Dalliance II

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

What is life?

 

What is death?

 

And what was Baekhyun doing out on the main deck just before sunrise?

 

He wondered.

 

Maybe if he never stepped a foot outside the safety of his room, he wouldn't be here.

 

Drowning.

 

Sinking.

 

Gasping for air.

 

During the initial tidal wave earlier on, Baekhyun had been cleanly swept off the ship. He found himself in complete and utter darkness, grasping his surroundings and trying to resurface.

 

But somehow, his limbs wouldn't move.

 

He couldn't move at all.

 

It was as if he caught in deep paralysis as his mind practically begged his limbs to function.

 

Sure, he was never taught to swim; but Baekhyun's been into a body of water and sunken half of his body before. It was nothing at all. He would still be able to move his limbs to splash water at his giggling siblings, running after them as he played monster. His mind ceases with the flashback as bubbles of air escaped from his gasping lips. He could feel the burn as he ingests the water bit by bit.

 

He was dying. 

 

He could feel the way his lungs slowly halted its function, his chests gave a more shallow rise as he became completely stilled.

 

His eyes were open-- but he could barely see anything except for the blotches of white invading his line of sight. He knew he was in water, but the blankness evident in his mind had gone for god knows how long. He no longer struggled to breathe. It was as if his own body had let life slip out of him far too eagerly.

 

With lips kept open and eyes unfocused, Baekhyun watched as the bubbles run away from him, defying his gravity. He could feel his body sinking lower and lower into the ocean floor- a place where it was probably far too cold to keep any actual human being alive. 

 

Was this how he was going to die?

 

Scratch that- he was dying.

 

I'm dying-

 

he thought. And with that, he squirmed more violently, trying to change the course of the tide. Despite having no proper control of his body, Baekhyun managed to flail his arms around helplessly. 

 

Not too long after his attempts of moving from this darned spot, he sees the water above him evaporate with bubbles and a somewhat familiar figure surges through, her hair seemed longer and much more wavy than he had recalled. She coiled him preciously into her arms before speeding to reach the surface. 

 

He couldn't hear much. Only echoes of what seemed to be distant dreams.

 

He couldn't recognise who his saviour was but as the both of them seem to float on air and she lays him down, he felt a smile threaten to spoil his now bluish lips. He sees the way her wet locks covered her eyes and her see through white shirt. It wasn't the time to be attracted to someone when he's just at the brink of death but he simply couldn't help it. She was beautiful.

 

The way her eyes stared at his with so much love and affection.

 

Oh god,

 

she cared.

 

Her right hand had s onto his chest while the other pinches his nose close. He felt numb so it wasn't much more than a feeling of a fleeting touch. He saw her turn. A second passed, and then her eyes scurry back to his with much more anxiety and stress. She screams some words he couldn't make out before visibly taking in a deep breath and diving down.

 

This must be what heaven tasted like.

 

And then he out.

 

---

 

Luhan breaks through his door as he rushes towards the main dock, an unsettling feeling had came to him somewhere during his rather unpeaceful slumber before he roughly heard the sound of Huirin's door opening and shutting close. It took him quite some time to focus after all that lack of sleep; but when it all click, he had rushed onto his feet, not caring to put on a shirt or any shoes.

 

"Huirin!" Luhan shouted as he leans against the railing to see the said female elevating in plain air with Baekhyun looking very still and lifeless. He was just in time to see her lower her head and lean in for a kiss. His heart somehow felt wrenched but he kept his composure as she continued to resuscitate him.

 

Her cheeks were flushed red as she repeatedly did the procedure, making sure h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter