Bucolic

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Huirin had rushed out of the dining area, climbing two stairs at a time to reach the main deck. She perched herself, half of her body hanging of the railings as she spotted a green-embazzled island. It was thick with forests and life. Not a single building in sight, but she knew from Luhan's debrief that the population had used the tall trees to their advantage, concealing themselves from enemies or any potential pirate ships. But Luhan's sources never fail him , and hence, they were able to comprehend that behind nature's facade was a city worthwhile exploring.

 

They were there only to obtain supplies and nothing else. Huirin knew that, but she was far too excited for a new adventure to process the thought into mind. Somewhere she hadn't been to before. This island was perfect. Shrouded with mystery and excitement. 

 

"Look Baek!" She whirled around, causing the male behind her to gasp, eyes widening in surprise.

 

"A-ah yes" he responded, feeling a bit out of place.

 

"It kinda looks like a birthday cake, hey?" She queered, placing a curious finger on top of her dainty lips.

 

Lips. Her lips.

 

Baekhyun gulped as he looked away and nodded. "...yeah."

 

"Yah, are you blind? No way in hell does it look like a birthday cake of any sort" Luhan snorted. "Let's be a bit more creative Rin."

 

Huirin continued to ramble on about the various shapes of the trees and trying to prove herself right. Luhan casually hummed in return to her reasonings while busying himself to dock their ship onto the edge of the island. There was no port detected from their stand point- though there probably was one on the other side of the island- was what Luhan had deducted.

 

"Here" Luhan hands Baekhyun a simple hood and a plain, black cap. "Since Clown's probably immobilising people to get you back and stuff, let's better be safe than sorry."

 

Before Baekhyun could utter his words of thanks, Luhan had left him to his own accord to prepare other things. He dejectedly stands alone at the main deck, degressing his current situation. Scratching his nape with his free hand, he lets out a pitiful sigh before ensuing his way back to his room.

 

Well, it should be fun.

 

---

 

"Baek look at this!" Huirin smiled as she hands him a candy shaped like a bear. 

 

"It's as good as it looks!" The seller persuaded.

 

True to his sources, there literally was a busy town behind the scrubs. They had to walk for a good hour or so to reach civilisation, but it was no matter when Luhan had cloaked the ship with his magic, keeping it hidden. Worries for their vehicle aside, the town wasn't as heavily guarded as Luhan had thought it would be. The guards gave them a cheerful 'good mornings' before letting them enter the city. No questions asked.

 

They had asked for directions to the marketplace and people here and there smiled as they replied. 

 

It was the city of living and socialisation. 

 

Burla. The name of the city. It was so different in comparison to Lumineiré. Though Baekhyun had never stepped a foot outside of his hometown, he knew that his city would pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter