Perfect

Romance in the Church (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Too?

Did he hear her correctly? Did she really just said ‘future’ and ‘too’ in one sentence?

Astounded, his voice couldn’t come out properly when he opened his mouth. Instead, it was caught in his throat and tickled his Adam’s apple, forcing him to cough violently.

Afterwards, he paused shortly, thinking to himself how he should approach her. How to get an explanation out of her first before he reveals more of him. Yet, once again, Shinhye read him like an open book and dived right into it. “You don’t have to hide it from me. I could tell from the moment I saw you outside of the bakery. The blank look on your face. Your clothes. The way you spoke,”

As a Seoul city boy, Youngjae was definitely unlike the people living in the 1900s. And though he understood and articulated just fine there, he had missed the fact that he’s more than different. But, being different wouldn’t have raised the question of one’s original time period unless - “You know about people from the future?” A nod. “How?”

Shinhye took a deep breath, “My father. He used to share stories of him being in a different world, seeing things and being in places that weren’t here,” a smile was drawn onto her face. “My mother said he was an adventurous man with a wild imagination. But come to think of it, my father never fitted in. He was smarter and uses dictions that no one understood so it often leads to misunderstandings,” she pulled her legs close to her. “When I was a young lass, around five, my father suddenly vanished. He was gone for about a week. I remember everyone searching everywhere for him but he was nowhere to be found. When he showed himself, he suddenly wanted to build a church. The church that is Rosemary today,”

Except for crickets, silence, ate the night for some time before Youngjae hummed.

“You’re right. I’m from the future,”

A sad yet relieved smile deepened on her face, “Where you come from, it must be a lot nicer than here,”

Youngjae leaned his head against the wall as he looked up at the night sky, “It was,”

From his voice alone, she could tell he was upset or disappointed about some matter. However, she was too exhausted to question it. However, to prevent silence, Youngjae voluntarily spoke.

“Your dad sounds like a good man. Unlike mine,” he took a deep breath, “when the place you first brought me to was a Church, do you know how hesitant I was? To go in or to leave. And even after I walked in, I ponder about leaving immediately. See, I used to be a church boy. I couldn’t wait to go to church to play with my friends and learn about God. I thought everyone there was kind and innocent. But then,” he paused to recollect the details of that day that changed his views entirely.

Fourteen-year-old Youngjae was dumb and naive. At least at the time, he believed he was at least one of the two.

After becoming the victim of his friends' prank, Youngjae was able to free himself from the men’s bathroom and was in the middle of hunting them down. Knowing that no adult would be in the West wing of the building at that hour, Youngjae found himself striding down the hall; peeking into each and every room before passing. But in the room at the end of the hall, he thought he heard murmuring. With a smirk, he tiptoed over and was ready to surprise his friends. Instead, through the slightly cracked door, he saw what he shouldn’t have.

The back of a man, a familiar man, his father was turned to him. Youngjae watched as the older planted kisses up a woman’s bare neck. She wasn’t just any woman too. The laddie recognized her as his favorite bible lesson teacher Ms. Choi. The woman was and giggling as her slim, arms were wrapped around the man’s shoulders.

Then, as if his father did it to provoke Youngjae, the older reach under the lass’s satin, black shirt and d her .

Youngjae took a shaky step back, leaning away from the door. Suddenly, the woman’s moans were faded and all he could hear was his own breathing. It was picking up due to shock and disappointment.

Without waiting to be caught, Youngjae turned away and ran down the hall. The echoes and stomping of his footsteps triggered a scream from Ms. Choi and as Youngjae ran around the corner, he heard his father demanded, “Whoever you are, stop!”

Outside, Youngjae eyed his mother who was in mid-conversation with two other women; her friends. From

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter