25:

Chasing hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" WOOOOO!!! " they shouted as they raise their glass of beers. We're at a restaurant, celebrating my successful comeback and my 7th year in this cruel industry-- well, it's cruel isn't?

" Aish! Stop drinking my drink! " wasted SinB whined at Yerin who's beside her-- yes, it's Jung Yerin, the girl I hated the most-- were not really in good terms neither in bad terms right now but she's just like a tail who's following SinB around and SinB is like my tail so I have no other choice but to see her occasionally.

" jagiya~~ " I rolled my eyes at Yerin who clung her arms on SinB's. I shook my head as I remember their bickering when we're younger-- they can't even stand staring at each other without causing any commotion and now... I'm speechless.

" aren't you going to drink? " my CEO asked me. Through the years that had passed he really became bald, I felt bad for it but I found out that he's from a family where men go bald so I take my words back-- it's his fault he had those genes.

" I don't drink " my alcohol tolerance is not that good and I don't want to create any mess in here and I want to drive myself home instead of calling a driver.

" why do you seem so sad? " my CEO ask as he hiccups from being drunk " the album is great, the sales are and your almost all of your songs are hitting the chart! Why does my troublesome artist look so sad? " he asks.

" I'm not, I'm just wondering when will you get married because I'm starting to feel sorry about your lonely life " I said-- he kept silent for a moment and I was shocked to see his eyes getting teary-- wait... did I just hit the sensitive spot?

" I'm getting lonely! This is all your fault-- Eunha, I will accept your offer-- I will meet any girl you will set-up for me, help me! I don't wanna go old alone " he whined like a little kid. I shook my head at the sight of this over 40 years old man who's crying like a 5 years old kid.

I roam my eyes around the room that we reserved. The staffs are wasted and now sleeping on the table, some are still drinking while having non-sense talks, SinB and Yerin are bickering like they always do---

" Eunha where are you going? " my manager crossed her arms as she looks at me when I stood up-- yes, my turtle manager is still my manager after so many years.

" you-- you! Sit down there! " she ordered with her cheeks so red and her eyes almost falling due to sleepiness. 

" why? Are you going to scold me because you have the courage you didn't have when you are sober? " 

" ani, I just want you to sit down there where I can see you. I don't like you to be on headlines anymore, I don't want you to be stress out " throughout the year I was involved with a lot of scandals-- dating scandals, driving while drunk, being rude to people and the list goes on. 

I don't have that image of innocent and kind Eunha with me, I live my life the way I want to and I'm happy that despite all of that my fans are still here for me-- of course some left, but it's fine.

" I won't cause trouble, now get to sleep and be sure to wake up tomorrow early. I have scheduled for tomorrow " I reminded her and pat her shoulder.

" saranghae Eunha " I almost puke when she gave me finger hearts-- she's really different when she's drunk. 

I went to the counter and paid for everything that they have devoured. I also signed the album that the cashier had.

I entered my car and plugged-in my phone-- jeez, why does apple doesn't last for at least one whole day!?

I started to drive home-- today is my 7th year in the music industry-- I lived by my image for 3 years, being kind and all, but I broke free after that and now I'm living like my own self for 4 years and counting. 

" it's been five years " I bitterly told myself. It's been five years she left me in that crowded place.

I parked my car on the side of the road when my phone rang continuously-- there's a lot of messages. I opened it one by one-- a lot of congratulatory messages and encouraging words from people I know but one thing has caught my eyes. An e-mail--

Dear Eunha,

If you're reading this without me by your side then I successfully let go of your hands. I'm writing this while I wait for you, your manager said that your shoot isn't done yet so... today we'll be going to an amusement park. I want to bring you on a date even for one last time-- one last time I want to give myself happiness. After this, I will disappear from your life and everyone.

It's hard for me to do this but I think this is the easiest way out, the way where you will not have to face any problems. I want you to stay happy and smiling-- I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter