24:

Chasing hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOWON's POV

I haven't seen Eunha for about three weeks now, I'm being very cautious about my appearance-- I'm afraid I might damage her image once I get closer to her so I decided to go away for quite some time and wait for the news to somehow go down.

I'm driving on where Eunha is right now, I've talked to her CEO and manager for this-- I'm going to take Eunha on a date. I parked my car on the place where Eunha is and dialed her manager's number to say that I'm already here-- she then responded that the shoot isn't over so I should probably wait for at least half an hour.

I rested my head and shut my eyes close-- I'm well aware that all of this is my father's doing and if I didn't take action-- if I've gone a little late he could have probably released the CCTV footage where Eunha pushed my uncle.

I am wise enough to have a copy of the whole footage-- I can turn tables around with that but my father didn't risk for it and just decided to make the media release that I've once gone to jail to somehow bruise Eunha's name and to make me see that he can do sort of things by his power.

I can always release the footage of the CCTV and end everything once and for all but I just can't-- even my uncle is a disgusting human being I just can't ruin our name. I'm torn between getting the justice for the people who I treasure and protecting our family's name to the point that I just decided to carry everything on my shoulders and not thinking about myself.

I looked at my car door when it opened-- I smiled at her as she enters. The atmosphere is so awkward-- it's suffocating. I cleared my throat and looked at her.

" how have you been? " I asked her.

" where have you been? " she asked me back.

" where do you want to go? "

" can you please answer me!? Why are you popping out like this!? After disappearing for weeks!? I can't contact you, I ca-- " I grabbed her arms and pulled her towards me for a hug. 

" I miss you too " I whispered. I can hear her sobs as I embrace her, I'm getting weak at the sound of her in pain-- I bit my lip and refrain myself from bursting too. I caress her hair as I calm her down.

" can we just forget everything for today? I want to take you on a date... a normal date. A day without any problems, a day where you are just ordinary Eunha and I am just ordinary Sojung. Can we do that today? " 

Like our usual set up when I am driving, she's holding my free hand. 

" why did you dye your hair? " she asked. I dyed my hair black for this day-- I'm afraid if I kept my hair red that will catch people's attention and will catch us together... it will create a big new all over again.

" I just like to " I said.

" and when did you date Yerin? Are you two-timing!? " she angrily asked. I smiled at her and shook my head--

" are you sure it's okay for you? " I asked Yerin.

" mmm... when will I have another chance to hold your hand and kiss you? " she shrugged her shoulders as she applies lip balm on her lips.

We're going to a cafe that we are aware some paparazzi are waiting. I contacted her and asked her a favor, I didn't know she will actually agree on doing this but I'm glad she did. 

" how about your image? " I asked her.

" my image is not so pure as Eunha's and my fans are chill compare to Eunha's, who thinks that their idol is so fragile and pure. The netizens are really sensitive towards her compared to me, she's like the nation's jewel and I am just the nation's bronze " I wanted to oppose what she's saying. She's downgrading herself too much...

" and I want to somehow pay Eunha for the damage that I've done for leaving her " a glimpse of sadness on her eyes are very visible.

" Yerin... "

" Aish! Truly, it's fine and eventually, I can just release a statement saying we break up. Don't worry about me, I'm truly fine about this. Well, what I'm feeling like is I hit a jackpot about this-- I'll be your girlfriend for a play, how fluttering " she smiled at me. I sighed at myself and say my apologies in my head for what I just drag Yerin in.

I got out of my car and rushed to Yerin's side to open the door for her. She smiled at me and immediately cling her arms on mine.

" those paparazzi will really have great photos from this " she whispered, leaning her face closer to mine.

" I only have one girlfriend... hey, didn't I tell you that we're normal persons right now? How c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter