18:

Chasing hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt arms wrapped around me, I'm on the verge of panicking when I opened my eyes and saw my girlfriend who's fast asleep. I nearly forgot that I'm in her house. 

A smile crept out of my lips as I stare at her sleeping face, I lift my hands and reach for her face to touch. Her eyebrows are always in shape, her pointed nose, long eyelashes and... her lips that I always want to feel. I'm tracing her face with my fingers, from her eyebrows down to her sharp jaw. I could do this all day.

" hmmm? " she groaned and her arms on my waist tightened. She pulled me closer towards her and I can feel her warm breath from here.

" Sowon unnie... " I gently tapped her shoulder-- I have scheduled for today and I need to go now.

" hmmm? " she responded.

" I have scheduled for today, I need to go " I felt her shook her head and tightened her hug once again. As much as I want to stay in bed with her, I can't really miss my schedules.

" one more hour " she said with her sleepy voice-- why so I find everything about her y?

SOWON's POV

I remained laying on my bed when Eunha left to get some water from the kitchen downstairs. I reach for my phone to see what time is it now-- I'm late for work. I browse my email and a text message popped.

" she's going home today " I whispered to myself. I place my phone back on the side table and got up from my bed-- what's taking Eunha so long?

I left my room to follow Eunha in the kitchen. My forehead creased when I saw her standing like a statue outside the kitchen, she's like hiding from someone. I rushed towards her to ask what's wrong.

" he-- " I didn't get to finish my words when I heard a loud gossiping from the kitchen. 

" Oh, really? That girl is a celebrity, right? " " hmmm. She got here super drunk and she even vomited on the carpet " " then it's true that ma'am Sowon and that girl is in a relationship? " " maybe? Well, the two don't really match each other, ma'am Sowon is way better for her " " I knew it, that girl is not innocent at all. Her image is really a trash "

My ears seem burning as I listen to my maid's conversation. I bit my lip and I'm going to reach for the kitchen's doorknob when Eunha suddenly held my hand to refrain me from doing so. I looked at her and she just shook her head. 

" don't " she softly said. I looked at her and I can see the pain in her eyes. I don't want to see any of those, I want to protect her and make her feel only the happiness that she deserves but...

" let's just leave " she said and pulled me upstairs to my room. She's gripping on the sleeves of my sweater as she kept quiet. 

" just let me talk to them " I finally said something but she immediately shook her head.

" it's fine, I'm fine " 

" but you don't look like one " 

" I'm used to hearing those words, really, it's fine "

" you're used to hearing those words but every time it sends you pain. I don't want to see those eyes ever again " I said and reached for her face, I caress her cheeks and her tears started to build up from her eyes.

" I don't really care about the hates towards me, but hearing that I don't deserve you... it just... I can't help but think about it-- "

" don't listen to them, I should be the one who you should be listening to, ok? You deserve everything nice in this world, you deserve anything you want to have and what you have right now and that includes me. You deserve me more than anyone, do you hear me? " I made her look into my eyes, I want her to believe my words, I want her to see how sincere I am.

Eunha's manager picked her up from here, she didn't get to eat breakfast because she refuses to so I made sure to tell her manager to buy her some food before going to her shoot. As for me, I sat down on the dining table where foods are prepared by my maids.

" who's in charge in the kitchen earlier this morning? " I asked them and two of the maids raised their hands.

" name? " I continued to ask them. They told me their names and from their voiced, I recognized who bad-mouthed Eunha. I smiled at the both of them and complimented their dish. I can see the glimpse of a proud smile on their faces from it.

" but I don't want to see the both of you ever again in my house " their smiles dropped at what I just said.

" you don't deserve cooking in my kitchen and serving your dishes to me. Goodluck on finding a new job " I said.

I left the house without saying any other words even the two maids almost kneeled in front of me. I have no time to listen to them, hearing their voices makes me even madder so it's better to leave than to stay and listen to their excuses.

I called my secretary to cancel everything that is lined up for me today, I'm going to visit my mother today and I want to stay in my parent's house.

" umma " I smiled at my mother who welcomed me. She tightly hugged me and kissed both of my cheeks. My mother is a very warm person, she's the warmest person I ever met in my whole life. She spoils me whenever she can and shows her love in every way she can.

" I'll be cooking your favorite dish, you're eating your lunch here, aren't you? " my mother asked me as she caresses my hair. I smiled at her and nodded my head.

" I'll be here until dinner, I missed your cooking " I said and my mother's eyes sparkled by what I've said. I haven't seen my mom for almost half a month now and if I may visit her I will probably stay for only one meal and some time for only an hour.

" really? Even your father arrives? " she asked. I'm not in good term with my father, he despises me for some reasons.

" ne " I shor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter