10:

Chasing hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" it seems like it's dangerous for you two if you'll drive home " mother Sally said. It suddenly rained heavily followed by thunderstorms, I've been waiting for it to stop even a little bit, but it seems like as time passes by it is actually going worst.

" I should drive now maybe if  I waited more it will be worst " I said.

" but it's dangerous, the roads are slippery and it's raining heavily, it's not like you're with your manager or driver " mother Sally worriedly said. 

" I can manage, I still have a shoot tomorrow morning and it will be a pain for me if I won't be home today " I explained but still I can see the opposition on mother Sally's eyes.

" me too, I have a lot of paper works to do " Sojung said that made mother Sally's forehead creased more.

" aigoo, what's wrong with you two? Can't you see the weather? It's like the sky is pouring its anger towards the humanity! " I chuckled at mother Sally's description, I held her hand and smiled at her.

" I'm going to be fine, I promise to drive safely and I will surely call you once I am home " I assured her. It's getting dark now, well the sky is already dark because of the weather but the night time is soon to be coming and it's much more dangerous is that comes.

" I'll be somehow in the peace of mind if the both of you will share a car. Eunha, you can go with Sowon's car and I'll just make Manny drive your car to your house tomorrow " mother Sally suggested, Manny oppa is the gardener on this foundation but he's not around today, it's his day off.

" it's fine with me but maybe Sojung doesn't want to me to--- " mother Sally cut me off and looked at Sojung who's just quietly listening to us.

" it's okay, right? You two are going to the same direction, it's not a bother to have someone on the shotgun seat, right? Eunha can call her manager to pick her up somewhere so you don't have to drop her off at her house " mother Sally said to Sojung. I can see that she wants to say no but having mother Sally making a favor it's impossible for someone to reject her.

" well... if she wants to then it's okay " Sojung shrugged.

Mother Sally gave us an umbrella before she finally let us go. She reminded us to call her when we got into our own house, she said that she's going to wait for our call and she's not going to sleep until we contact her-- mother Sally is so stubborn, jeez.

We started to drive off, I'm sitting right beside her as she drives. The car is filled with the radio sound and silence between us. It's just awkward and... yep, it's plainly awkward.

" how do you find out about that orphanage? " I asked her breaking the ice, we still have a long way to go and I don't want to get my saliva spoiled because of staying quiet.

" I just knew about it " she shortly replied.

" mother Sally said that she first met you at the prison, are you a warden there or some kind of voluntary act? " I asked her but she stayed quite-- uh-oh... it seems like I just asked a sensitive question.

" I told you, I'm an ex-convict, don't you believe me? " she smiled like she's mocking me.

" if you are... then what did you do? Did you steal? Harass someone? Bullied someone? " I asked her again.

" I killed a man " she said and looked at me, our eyes met and the hair on my arms began to stand up. When I avoided her eyes, my eyes widened and a loud squeal came out from me.

" SOJUNG! " I shouted at her and shut my eyes close, I felt our car went zigzag considering the road is straight and my soul almost went out of my body when I felt our car bumped into something-- thank God I was always told to wear my seat belt.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter