009

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“How do you know me” snarled Sehun, glaring at the vampire standing in front of him.

“Who doesn’t know you, the youngest member of the Exo pack” said the vampire.

“What do you want? Why are you here?” Demanded Sehun.

“Just looking for a meal” he said looking at Jinah, fangs coming out of his teeth. Taking a look at his mate, Sehun’s anger flared up again and charged for the male. 

The vampire used his speed to dodge Sehun’s attack, bringing his legs up to kick Sehun in the stomach.

Flying back at the impact, Sehun’s back crashed against the opposite wall. Springing back up, Sehun pushed the vampire down, punching him multiple times before grabbing the vampire’s collar.

“Why so angry little Sehun?” Taunted the vampire. “Oh, is it because she’s your mate?”

“Shut up, don’t talk about her that way” said Sehun choking the man. The vampire had pulled out a sharp knife from behind and sliced Sehun’s arm, making Sehun shout in pain, letting go of the vampire’s collar. 

Silver was one of the only things that could hurt werewolves and cause them actual pain. It can prevent werewolves from turning and if inside their system, can cause death.

Jinah covered her ears as she whimpered from the punching sounds that she heard.

“What a cute little mate” taunted the vampire again, causing Sehun’s blood to boil. “I should just keep her to myself…”

With that, Sehun lost it. He plunged for the vampire’s neck, claws starting to grow out. The vampire turned his body and took his silver coated blade. Aiming for Sehun’s neck, the vampire missed and got Sehun’s cheek instead, causing a deep cut and a scrape near his mouth.

Ignoring the pain, Sehun caught the vampire’s body with his claws, ripping both the vampire’s cloak and flesh, not deep enough to kill the man. 

He gave a couple punches to the torso where he had just clawed, causing the vampire to scream in pain as blood gushed out. Giving a final punch to the head, the vampire fell down limp on the ground.

Retracting his claws, Sehun walked towards his mate who was still on the ground mumbling. 

“Please don’t hurt me please” whispered Jinah. Sehun crouched down and put his hand on Jinah’s shoulder causing her to scream.

To say Jinah was scared was an understatement. She was traumatized. 

“Relax” shouted Sehun trying to calm the girl down who was still crying hysterically. “Jinah… Jinah! It’s me, Sehun”

Hearing his name and voice, Jinah raised up her head whimpered, “Sehun?”

“hey” he said in a soft voice giving her a small smile. “are you okay?”

In a split second Jinah threw her arms around Sehun’s neck causing him to sort of lose his balance due to the sudden impact, but not enough to make him tumble backwards.

“Woah there tiger” chuckled Sehun. He felt his wolf sigh in content at his mate’s embrace and purr as his wolf heard Jinah’s heart thump against Sehun’s.

“I was so scared” mumbled Jinah into Sehun’s shoulder.

“It’s okay, you’re okay” said Sehun. Sehun wrapped one arm rubbing her back as his other hand Jinah’s head, silently reassuring her that she was alright. 

Much to his displeasure, Jinah pulled away and wiped her tear stained cheeks. Sehun took her hand and examined her wrists.

He saw that her wrists were slightly turning red from the vampire’s grip, hand shapes even forming. He gently rubbed her wrists as if soothing them.

“I should’ve come earlier” muttered Sehun looking at Jinah’s wrists in his hands. Jinah winced at the touch but relaxed when she felt the weird tingly sensation come back.

“You’re hurt” said Jinah with her eyes widening as she stared at Sehun’s face. 

“It was worth it if it meant saving you” said Sehun, making Jinah blush. 

Jinah took her hands out of Sehun’s and slowly reached for his face. Taking his cheeks in her hands, she examined his face, turning his head from left to right. Her thumb slowly made its way to the cut on Sehun’s cheeks. Lightly grazing it, Sehun winced in pain. 

“Does it hurt?” Asked Jinah, concern written on her face. 

Sehun shook his head giving Jinah a small smile, “It’s bearable” 

Sehun’s wolf was going fanatic inside of him. He felt his wolf jump around in joy as his wolf caressed his cheek.

Jinah hadn’t realized that as she examined Sehun’s face, she got closer and closer to his face. His eyes stared intently into hers as she searched his face for more wounds. Feeling his stare, her eyes locked onto his. 

Blood rushed to her cheeks as she shyly looked away, clearing .

Sehun stood up holding out his hand for her to take. With questioning eyes, she held it and in one swift motion, he pulled her up. Head still pounding, Jinah swayed in her place, one hand on her head and the other holding onto Sehun’s. 

“you okay?” Sehun asked concerned. 

“yea I’m fine” said Jinah shaking it off. “Where are we going?”

“Aren’t you going to patch me up?” Asked Sehun.

“What?” Asked Jinah. “What do you mean?”

Sehun pointed at his cheek and lip, “This”

“ah… but can’t you do it yourself…” said Jinah in a small voice.

Sehun shook his head giving a little whine and pointed to his cheek.

“Ok ok fine,” muttered Jinah walking in front of the pouting man. “Aren’t you old enough to clean yourself up I’m pretty sure you’re older than me…is he a man child?”

“What was that?” Asked Sehun teasingly.

“Nothing!” Chirped Jinah hurriedly. “Let’s go”

Sehun chuckled at his cute mate and followed her in suit as she turned the corner. Sehun quickly mind linked his pack to alert them about the vampire.

“Vampire” said Sehun.

“What?” Chorused a bunch of voices in Sehun’s mind making him jump in displease.

“Do I have to spell it out for? V-A-M-“ Sehun said in annoyance before he was cut off by Chanyeol

“Wow sass much?” Asked Chanyeol.

“Where?” Asked Joonmyeon with authority.

“A couple alleys down from the bar towards the east” said Sehun. “He’s on the ground unconscious right now, but alive.”

“We’ll be there soon,” replied Joonmyeon. “I think it’s best if we lock him up and question him when he wakes up”

“He attacked Jinah before I got to her” said Sehun.

“What” chorused a bunch of voice for the second time. 

Sehun rubbed his head in annoyance at his hyungs for asking so many questions.

“You okay?” Asked Jinah looking at the taller man next to her. 

“I’m fine” he said giving her a small smile before turning his head scowling at his hyungs.

“is she alright?” Asked Baekhyun, concerned with the younger girl. The members had gotten close with the girl the past few days, even considering her as their younger sister. 

“Physically, yes. Mentally, I’m not sure” replied Sehun. 

“I’m taking her home”