004

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“Excuse me”

Jinah turned around to see a man wave her over.

She walked to the table and gave him her best customer service smile.

“How can I help you?” She asked.

“Can you get me a vodka sunrise and your number” said the man trying to give her a charming smile.

With that, Jinah’s smile faltered, disgusted at the sleazy man’s attempt to flirting.

“I’ll be back with your drink” said Jinah in a monotonous voice. She quickly her heel before the man could say anything else.

“One vodka sunrise” said Jinah with a scowl on her face.

“Again?” Asked Jimin.

Jinah sighed.

“Dam girl gettin’ your game on” said Taehyung which earned him a slap on the back head by Yoongi and then by Jinah.

“Not going to lie Nana but you’re hot” said Ji Ae winking at the younger girl.

“Gross..” Said Jinah, “I should just start wearing a ring on my ring finger”

“That’s not going to stop those thirsty men” said Jimin behind the bar, making the drink.

“I guess…”

As the group continued to talk, Sehun and his hyungs arrived in front of the bar. To the others, it was the same old bar run by their friends, however to Sehun, it was as if there was a new smell radiating in the air.

Is something different

What do you mean something’s different?” Asked Joonmyeon turning around to look at the youngest.

Sehun must have accidentally let his thoughts slip through the pack link as everyone turned their heads towards the maknae.

“It’s nothing…something just feels different” muttered Sehun shaking his head.

“…If you say so…” replied Joonmyeon with his eyebrows raised, turning back around as he headed towards the entrance of the bar.

The others followed in suit, some giving the youngest a raised eyebrow. Jongin walked back to where Sehun still stood with his head cocked to the side and put his arm around him.

“You okay?” Asked Jongin.

“Yea… must be me” replied Sehun.

Because the two were similar in age, the two were both named the “babies” of the pack, often spoiled by the older wolves. The two were practically inseparable since birth and were each others’ best friends.

As the two walked towards the entrance, the smell grew stronger and stronger, but Sehun couldn’t put his hand as to what it was

Right as they walked through the door, a whiff of what seemed like tropical fruits and mangos hit Sehun, making it almost unbearable to handle.

What is this…?

                -----

As Jimin prepared the drink, Jinah continued to chat with Ji Ae.

“Nana, do you have a boyfriend?” Asked Ji Ae putting her palms around her face.

“You’re asking all of the sudden unnie?” Said Jinah looking up at the older girl.

“mm curious” said Ji Ae shrugging.

“Curiosity killed the cat” replied Ji Ae making Jinah pout. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

With that question, Ji Ae’s face lit up like a lightbulb.

“oh no, it’s starting…” muttered Seokjin putting down the glass he was cleaning.

“What’s sta-“ before Jinah could finish her question, Ji Ae began speaking in a very excited tone.

“I do have a boyfriend!” Said Ji Ae with hearts in her eyes. “his name is Joonmyeon and he’s such an amazing ma- I mean boyfriend!”

Right when Ji Ae finished talking, a group walked in through the doors. To Jinah’s suspicions, she had seen Ji Ae sniff the air and bolt towards the door.

“Baby!!!” Shouted Ji Ae throwing her arms around Joonmyeon. “I missed you so much”

Must be her boyfriend…

“I missed you too” smiled Joonmyeon angelically towards his mate, taking her into his arms.

“ugh get a room already” said Jongdae walking in behind their alpha, before giving Hoseok a fist bump.

Joonmyeon and Ji Ae walked hand in hand towards the group. Slowly more members began pouring into the bar.

Brows arched, Jinah wondered who the men who walked in were.

“How’s it going man” said Joonmyeon giving Namjoon a side hug still while holding Ji Ae’s hand.

“Nothing, just the usual… haven’t seen you guys in a while” said Namjoon.

“Company business” said Joonmyeon. “Especially Sehun. He stayed in his office for 3 days straight”

“Calls for stress relieving drinks” said Yoongi.

“On the house” said Namjoon.

Joonmyeon looked around and spotted Jinah in a waitress uniform.

“Who’s that?” Asked Joonmyeon.

“Jinah, our new waitress” said Taehyung. “Ain’t she a cutie?”

Jinah glared at Taehyung, who immediately put his hands up, “a bit scary too…”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jinah” said Jinah. Just as she said that, she felt a pair of eyes looking at her, making blood rush to her cheeks, pleasing shocks running through her body.

What is this feeling? Is something wrong with me?

Looking up, her eyes widened as she met the most beautiful man she had ever laid eyes on.

He had pale skin that seemed to glow under the dimmed lights of the bar. He had short, dark brown/ black hair that seemed to be styled in a messy combover.

His perfectly arched brows and piercing brown gaze that were on her made her knees go weak. At that moment, for the two, it was as if it was only the two of them in the room.

Sehun squinted his eyes at her, freezing in his spot. His eyes were stuck on her, unable to look away.

She was beautiful.

She was alluring.

She had long brown hair that was put up in a messy bun, with strands that framed her face. She had big round eyes that made her look innocent, yet naughty and soft lips that seemed untouched.

She's perfect.

Their gaze seemed to hold until Jimin’s voice broke the staring contest.

“Nana?? Jinah??” Said Jimin waving his hand in front of Jinah.

“Oh- what” said Jinah, breaking out of the trance.

“This is for table 2” said Jimin pushing the drink towards Jinah.

“Right” said Jinah cocking her head to the side before grabbing the drink.

“you okay?” Asked Jungkook as he looked at Jinah worriedly.

“I’m fine” smiled Jinah before heading towards the table where the horrid man she had served earlier was sitting.

As she walked to the table, she felt a pair of eyes following her.

“Your drink” said Jinah setting the drink in front of the man. “Is there anything else you need?”

“your number sweetie” said the man.

Having super hearing, the wolves had heard the conversation, and of the wolves, one was fuming with anger.

Sehun’s hands curled into fists as he listened to the man attempt to flirt with his girl.

His mate.

“I’m sorry that’s not on the menu” said Jinah, before turning away only to feel a slap on .

Shock and anger fumed inside of her as she turned around only to see the man’s smug look on his face.

Sehun let out a soft growl unknowingly that only the wolves could hear. Gasps were heard between the two packs as the put one on one together.

Before Jinah could say anything, she felt a hand grab her arm, dragging her towards the entrance. Jinah looked up only to see the beautiful man leading her out of the bar.