036

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Hello loves! I'm finally back with an update! Sorry for not being able to update the past couple of days because of Thanksgiving here in the U.S. If you did celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you had a lot of delicious food and spent lots of time with your families. And if you didn't, I am still so very thankful to all of you for giving my story so much love and support. I enjoy reading all of your comments and I do read each and every one of them.

Enjoy the chapter and more updates coming soon!

xoxo

-----

“Jinah?! JINAH!?!” Screamed Sehun desperately into the phone. Because they were mates but not fully mated, he could slightly feel the anxiety and fear coming from his mate. He immediately made a sharp U-turn, speeding his way back to her apartment.

Multiple thoughts filled up his brain as he tightly gripped the steering wheel. He didn’t know if his mate was hurt or if she was attacked. There were so many possibilities as to what had caused Jinah to scream out of fear. Sehun prayed to himself that Jinah was safe and not hurt.

Quickly parking his car, he immediately ran out of the car, slamming the door shut behind him before sprinting up the stairs and to his mate, both scared and worried that there was a possibility that something bad had happened.

“Jinah!” Shouted Sehun as he pulled the already unlocked door open, only to be hit with shock at the scene that welcome him. Blood was splattered across the walls mixed along with the scent of vampires. Jinah’s furniture was overturned and there was a giant mess on the ground, consisting of torn pillows, blankets, and glass. It looked as if a large bull was let loose into the room and had torn everything up into bits and pieces.

There were pictures of Jinah, himself, and other members of the pack with blood smeared all over the photos, meaning that the vampires had been following all of them around.

He immediately noticed that Jinah was sitting on the ground with her hands covering her eyes in fear. He instantly crouched down in front of her and pulled her into his embrace, whispering words to console her.

“It’s all right, I’m right here,” said Sehun as he rubbed her back. He felt her body shake as she sobbed.

“Who would do this?” Whispered Jinah tearfully. Sehun cursed inside his head because he already knew who it was behind all this.

“I dont know, but I won’t let them get anywhere near you or hurt a single piece of hair on your head,” said Sehun. He quickly mind linked his pack members about Jinah’s apartment, giving them a quick brief about what had possibly happened.

“Me, Chanyeol, Yixing hyung, and Minseok hyung are at the bar so we’ll head over there first,” said Baekhyun quickly.

“The rest of us will head over there as soon as possible,” said Joonmyeon, preparing to leave his office.

“I’ll call B.A.P hyungs over since they work for the police…” muttered Kyungsoo.

“Sehun, be careful. Don’t do anything rash,” added Yixing into the mind link.

“I won’t” said Sehun, before cutting the link off.

Jinah stared at Sehun with her wide teary eyes, along with a questioning look as to why Sehun seemed to be spacing off.

“I was telling the guys what happened,” answered Sehun as if knowing what she was about to ask.

“How?” Asked Jinah. Last time she checked, he didn’t utter a word out loud, nor did he pull out his phone to call the guys.

“Werewolves have this thing called mind link,” Said Sehun softly. “We can basically communicate through our minds.”

“So it’s like telepathy?” Asked Jinah, curiosity taking over her fear.

“In a way, yes,” replied Sehun.

“That’s so cool,” whispered Jinah tearfully, making Sehun finally break out into a small smile. From the moment he heard her scream through the door, his smile had completely disappeared and only a stern look was found on his face. Jinah noticed that Sehun was still crouched down in front of her, acting as if he were a wall, shielding her from any of the danger that may possibly come from her now messed up room.

“Are you okay?” Asked Sehun making sure his mate was alright before standing up and offering Jinah a hand.

“I’m fine,” answered Jinah as she sniffled and wiped away her tears. She grabbed his hand, and Sehun effortlessly pulled her up to her feet. “I guess I was just startled.”

Sehun was about to say something but a small noise was heard coming from the restroom. Immediately, Sehun turned his head in alert as his eyes began scanning the room for any signs of danger.

“Stay behind me,” said Sehun as he grabbed her hand, not wanting to put Jinah in any immediate danger, but at the same time, not wanting to leave her alone vulnerably. 

Jinah nodded in reply and squeezed Sehun’s hand tightly. They slowly made their way through the mess on the ground and towards the closed restroom door. Sehun turned to look at Jinah who gave him a small nod, with fear evident in her eyes, before slowly pushing the door open.

“Are you guys okay?” Shouted a loud voice suddenly, pushing the front door open, causing both Sehun to turn to look at the voice and Jinah to jump in shock. Baekhyun stood wide eyed next to Chanyeol with Yixing and Minseok trailing from behind.

“What happened…?” Asked Chanyeol looking around at the blood stains and the chaos all over the room. Yixing scrunched his nose at the pungent smell from the blood.

“We’re fine,” said Sehun curtly, before turning back to look into the bathroom. Jinah felt Sehun’s hold tighten and turned around to see what made Sehun stiffen. Immediately, she let out a loud gasp in horror, causing the 4 guys to quickly head over to where the couple was standing.

There, plastered on the mirror of her bathroom, were multiple photos of Jinah. All were either close ups, candids, or even ones taken from outside her window.

“…how…” whispered Jinah wide eyed at the photos, fear evident from her eyes. Sehun instantly turned around, trying to block the view from Jinah, but was a half second too late. She had already seen it all.

“What kind of sick bastard did this?” Asked Minseok in horror. Sehun slowly led the still shocked Jinah away from the bathroom.

“It’s those ing vampires,” muttered Baekhyun taking a look around the room. “This place reeks of their smell mixed in with the blood…”

“Why do they keep messing with us?” Asked Yixing. “Didn’t we have an agreement with them?”

“They’re asking for some bloodshed that’s what this is,” said Minseok scoffing.

“Sehun, you should take Jinah back to the house…we’ll start looking around for traces that they might have left,” said Chanyeol worried about Jinah.

“I will,” nodded Sehun, taking off his jacket to wrap around Jinah’s small frame.

“You’ll be fine Mei Mei, we won’t let them hurt you,” said Yixing giving Jinah a reassuring hug. 

“We have your back,” Said Baekhyun as he and Chanyeol gave Jinah a group hug, trying to ease her tenseness. 

Minseok walked over to the girl and patted her head. “I’ll have Moonbyul keep you company.”

“Thank you,” whispered Jinah, feeling a sense of relief in her body.

“I’ll take her to the pack house and come straight back,” said Sehun before leading Jinah towards the front door, avoiding the mess from the ground.

-----

The ride back to the pack house was silent as Jinah’s mind continued to wander back to the scene she had seen at her apartment. The only thing that was slightly comforting her was the heater that was on full blast and Sehun’s hand that was rubbing small circles on the back of her hand.

As he drove, Sehun cautiously took small peeks at Jinah. In his eyes, she looked lost and still in shock. His grip tightened on the steering wheel as he vowed to catch the bastards who dared messed with him, his mate, and his family.

Sehun slowly brought his car to park in front of the pack house. The two sat in the car silently, before Sehun finally broke it.

“Moonbyul noona and Ji Ae noona are inside waiting for you,” said Sehun softly. “I’m going to go back to your apartment and see if we can track those guys down.”

Jinah listened to his words carefully before turning to look at him.

“Do you really have to go back?” Whispered Jinah whilst playing with his hand.

“I have to bring some of your things over too,” said Sehun before adding the last part quietly. “I don’t think it’s safe for you to live alone anymore.”

“But-“ protested Jinah before Sehun cut her off.

“I’m going to catch those bastards with my own hands,” said Sehun angrily. “No one messes with what’s mine and gets away with it.”

Jinah sighed worriedly, before leaning towards Sehun and giving him a soft kiss. It was a  small kiss, but a desperate one. It was as if she was telling Sehun to stay safe and to not get hurt because she didn’t know what she would do if he did. Her lips lingered on his before she pulled away, looking Sehun straight in the eyes.

“Just promise me you’ll be safe…”