035

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy with college ): Thank you guys for all the nice comments and upvotes! I really still can't believe I was actually featured...and it's all thanks to each and every one of you guys. Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

xoxo

-----

“This was Sehun when he was just a little boy and he slipped in the shower,” said Sehun’s mother flipping through a photo album. 

Jinah giggled as she looked through Sehun’s baby pictures. She could totally believe that when Sehun was younger, he was just as clumsy as she was now. 

“You were so cute,” exclaimed Jinah turning to her right where Sehun sat with his arm wrapped around Jinah’s waist.

“What are you talking about? I’m still cute” corrected Sehun giving Jinah a grin. Sehun’s mom and Jinah turned to look at each other before bursting into laughter. “Am I not?”

“And this was Sehun when he was 10 where he fell off the swings.” Said Sehun’s mother, completely ignoring Sehun’s question. “And then here-“

“Okay, mother,” groaned Sehun, cutting his mom off, while rubbing his temples. “I think that’s enough…”

“…fine…” muttered Sehun’s mother, closing the photo album before whispering to Jinah and winking. “I’ll show you the rest later on.”

“Mom!” Whined Sehun, giving the two women small pouts.

“I’ll be anticipating it,” grinned Jinah, patting her mate on the knee. 

“Well, I should start on dinner shouldn’t I?” Said Sehun’s mother standing up from the couch. “Why don’t you show Jinah your room honey?”

“Do you want to see?” Asked Sehun looking at Jinah.

“Of course I do!” Grinned Jinah standing up with Sehun following soon after. 

“We’ll be upstairs mom,” said Sehun as he grabbed Jinah’s hand, leading her towards the stairs.

“Have fun kids!” Shouted Sehun’s mother from the kitchen. “But not too much fun…”

“Mom!” Shouted Sehun clearly embarrassed. He turned back to look at Jinah before letting out a small pout. “Am I not cute anymore?”

Jinah let out a loud laugh while shaking her head, as she dragged a pouting Sehun behind her and up the stairs. 

“So…Is that a no?”

-----

“Sorry…about my mother…” said Sehun scratching the back of his head embarrassed.

Sehun had just revealed his childhood bedroom to his mate, who was currently looking around with a big grin plastered on her face.

“Don’t be sorry! I love your mom, she’s so sweet.” said Jinah as she turned around and gave Sehun a reassuring smile.

“Really?” Asked Sehun unsure.

“Really. She was different from what I expected…and very welcoming…both of your parents were,” Jinah walked over to where Sehun was standing and wrapped her arms around his waist. Tiptoeing, Jinah gave Sehun a small peck on the lips. “Why are you so worried…shouldn’t I be the one who’s nervous and fidgety?”

Surprised by his mate’s unexpected attack, Sehun muttered, “Because, I’ve never introduced any one to my parent before… and I just wanted to make sure you’re not uncomfortable or anything…”

“Why would I be uncomfortable?”

“I don’t know,” said Sehun shrugging.

Jinah tilted her head back as she laughed. She didn’t know her mate was just a giant man baby.

“Why are you laughing?” Asked Sehun. 

“Who knew the powerful and almighty Oh Sehun would be worried about something like this…” grinned Jinah giving Sehun another peck, this time on his cheek. She reached downwards and patted Sehun’s several times. “Who knew you could be this cute?”

“Did you just…” said Sehun with his eyes widened, making Jinah laugh again. Jinah nodded as a response to his half question amusingly. 

“You’re such a big baby,” Jinah brought her hands up to his cheeks before giving them a hard squeeze.

“May I remind you that just 30 minutes ago that you were about bolt before meeting my parents?” Asked Sehun with his eyebrows raised.

Jinah immediately removed her hands from his cheeks and looked anywhere but at him. 

“Oh my gosh!” Squealed Jinah, smoothly changing the subject. “What is that?”

Jinah quickly let go of Sehun and headed towards his bed. Sitting right in the middle of his pillows stood a silver wolf plushie. Jinah immediately grabbed it and hugged it close to her body, then turned to look at Sehun with wide eyes.

“My grandparents gave me that when I was younger…” said Sehun, his ears turning red due to embarrassment. 

“You slept with it?” Asked Jinah squishing the doll. 

“I did…” said Sehun in a small voice.

“Awwww,” cooed Jinah giving Sehun a cheeky grin. “You’re so adorable!”

Sehun groaned.

He hadn’t been this embarrassed in years, yet his mate was bringing his childlike side out of him. Things were just not going his way today.

“We should go help my mother with dinner.” Muttered Sehun turning and walking towards the door.

“Wait for me!” Said Jinah following after Sehun with the plushie still in her hands. She stopped for a second to think.

 “I take my words back from earlier, you are still so very cute Mr. Oh Sehun!”

-----

“Do you need any help Mrs. Oh?” Asked Jinah as she walked into the kitchen while rolling up her sleeves. Sehun had joined his father on the couch as they talked about the company while watching television.

“Oh no dear, you can just sit back and relax with Sehun,” said Sehun’s mother as she began chopping the ingredients.

“I insist,” said Jinah, moving over next to the woman.

“Well, I guess I do need some help,” said Sehun’s mother giving Jinah a small smile. Jinah took the knife that she had set down and began chopping the vegetables. Sehun’s mother began preparing the sauce for the soup, along with other ingredients. “I hope you like soybean paste soup.”

“I love soybean paste soup,” said Jinah. “Any thing is fine really. I’m not really the picky type.”

“That’s good,” said Sehun’s mom as she turned to watch with impressed eyes at Jinah’s skills. “You seem like you enjoy cooking quite a bit…”

“I do,” answered Jinah. “My parents always worked, so I had to prepare meals for my brother and I.”

“Sehun told us that you live alone now” added Sehun’s mom.

“Yes, I do,” replied Jinah nodding. “It’s been…I think a couple of months?”

“If you ever want to chat or if Sehun ever angers you, because we both know he’s very stubborn just like his father, I’ll be here,” she said, giving Jinah a motherly smile. “You can think of me as your own mother.”

“I would like that…Mrs Oh,” said Jinah glad that Sehun’s mom was accepting her for who she was. 

“Great, and how’s Sehun treating you?” Asked Sehun’s mother.

“Amazing, like always,” replied Jinah with a smile forming on her face with the mention of Sehun. “No ones ever treated me as amazing as he has been…”

“I’m glad to hear that,” said Sehun’s mom. “You can come over whenever you want dear. Me and my husband would gladly let you in with open arms.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Oh.” Said Jinah gratefully. Seeing Sehun’s mother and father made her miss her own parents back in the states.

“I’ve always wanted a daughter, with you moving here and meeting my son which turns out that you were his mate…that was definitely fate.”

-----

Dinner with Sehun’s parents was quite eventful. There wasn’t a moment of awkward silences, which Jinah was thankful for. His parents got to ask Jinah questions about herself and vice versa, which made Jinah feel like she had gained a new family.

Sehun parked his car in front of Jinah’s apartment building. He turned to look at Jinah who stared at him back.

“How was it…today?” Asked Sehun entangling his right hand with Jinah’s and softly rubbing circles with his thumb on the back of her hand.

“I’m glad you introduced me to your parents,” said Jinah giving Sehun a small smile. “They reminded me of my own parents…”

Jinah leaned over and gave Sehun a grateful kiss. It wasn’t very often that Jinah would initiate the kisses, which brought Sehun to appall when she did, especially today, where it had happened multiple times.

“One day, I should properly go and meet yours,” muttered Sehun when they pulled apart.

“Really?” Asked Jinah with her eyes widened.

“Of course,” said Sehun.

The two stayed in the car for another 10 minutes before Jinah sadly said her goodbyes.

“You know if you moved in with me, we wouldn’t have to say goodbye every night,” muttered Sehun not wanting to let his mate go.

“Soon,” said Jinah. As she turned to open the door, Sehun tugged on her arm, making her turn around swiftly before he captured her lips in his. Her lips slowly molded into his as he nibbled on her lower lip. She let out a small smile as he continued to kiss her passionately. 

“I’ll never get tired of your kisses,” muttered Sehun against Jinah’s lips. Jinah grinned as she tried to catch her breath.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” said Jinah giving Sehun one last peck before pushing the car door open and stepping out. “You don’t have to walk me inside. It’s getting late and you should be going home…”

“Are you sure?” Asked Sehun already feeling slightly uneasy.

“I’m sure!” Said Jinah giving him a reassuring smile. “Good night and I love you!”

“Good night, love,” said Sehun returning her a smile. “I love you, too.”

And with that, Jinah closed the door behind her and made her way into the apartment. Sehun’s eyes trailed after her making sure she made it inside safely.

Jinah began walking up the stairs to the the first floor before her phone began ringing. Looking at the caller ID, Jinah let out a wide smile.

“Hello?” Answered Jinah, knowing who it was on the other line.

“Hey,” said Sehun cheekily as he drove out of the small parking lot.

“Why are you calling?” Asked Jinah as she continued her way upstairs.

“Because…I miss you already.” Said Sehun through the phone.

“We literally saw each other a couple of seconds ago…” said Jinah.

“I don’t care,” said Sehun. “I already miss you!”

“What a dork…” muttered Jinah. She had just made it to her floor, but noticed something was wrong. “That’s weird…did I leave the door open?”

“Huh?” Asked Sehun, not quite sure he had heard Jinah’s mumbling correctly. “You didn’t lock your door?”

“I thought I did…” said Jinah as she slowly pulled her door open, noticing am irony smell in the air. She struggled to look for the light switch in the dark but finally she found it. 

As the light flickered on, Jinah’s eyes widened in shock and fear as she let out a fearful scream, dropping her phone in the process.