032

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates these past few days! I was actually at Universal the whole day yesterday so when I came back, I immediately crashed. And I went out with a bunch of friends today so this was a pretty late update. I'll try to write as often as I can and hopefully I can return to updating daily.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

xoxo

-----

“What are these?”

Because of the IV drips and nutrient needles that have been in her for hours, Jinah felt a lot of her energy regained compared to when she first woke up. By now, she was up and about, walking around the unfamiliar room in curiosity with her IV bag trailing behind her. Sehun sat on the bed with his eyes following after his mate.

“Yixing hyung brought flowers, Baekhyun hyung brought fruits, Kyungsoo hyung brought you porridge, and Chanyeol hyung brought juice” said Sehun as he stood up from the bed. “Oh, and everyone wishes you a quick recovery.”

“Awww how sweet” said Jinah picking up the bouquet of flowers and smelling them. “I should really thank them…for understanding why I was like that…”

“Speaking of porridge, you should eat” said Sehun wrapping his arms around Jinah’s waist.

“But I’m not really hungry…”mumbled Jinah turning around to wrap her arms around his neck.

“The doctor said you have to eat when you wake up” said Sehun giving her a look.

“I don’t really have an appetite though…” replied Jinah slightly pouting. Sehun leaned down and stole a quick kiss from her lips. 

“You have to” whispered Sehun making Jinah slightly shiver before giving her puppy dog eyes. “For me?”

“Fine” Jinah muttered. “What are you… a dog?”

“You mean wolf”

 Sehun let out a smile before leading her to the bed, sitting her down on a chair next to the window. He went to grab the container and poured the porridge that was still pretty hot into a bowl. 

“Be careful, it’s hot” said Sehun placing the bowl in front of her, before plopping down onto the seat in front of her.

Jinah slowly scooped a small portion into a spoon and brought it to . 

“Ah! Hot!” Shouted Jinah spitting the porridge out and fanning her tongue.

“Didn’t I warn you that it was going to be hot?” Sehun let out an exasperated sigh as he grabbed a napkin before wiping . “It’s like I’m raising a kid…”

Jinah gave him a cheeky smile and shrugged. She brought the spoon towards once again and took a bite, of course with much caution after learning her lesson. She let her eyes roll back as the delicious taste hit and let out a small moan.

“Ugh” muttered Jinah taking another bite. “This is sooooo good.”

Sehun let out a laugh.”It’s that good?”

Jinah nodded before sticking her spoon out in front of Sehun. “Try it.”

Sehun took a bite from her spoon and nodded. “It is pretty good”

“right?”

Jinah continued to eat bite after bite until she couldn’t eat anymore. She put down her spoon and pushed the bowl that was still half filled with porridge towards Sehun.

“full?” Asked Sehun.

“Very” said Jinah patting her stomach signaling that she was full. Sehun let out a small smile, thankful that she had at least tried to finish the bowl but also worried. It was quite evident that her appetite had decreased quite significantly.

“If you get discharged today, I’ll make you dinner” said Sehun, thinking of a way to try to stimulate Jinah’s appetite.

Jinah’s eyes widened in surprise. She hadn’t known Sehun could cook. “You can cook?”

“Of course” winked Sehun as he finished the leftover porridge Jinah had left untouched. “You’ll be the second girl I’ve ever cooked for”

“Who’s the first?” Asked Jinah tensing up.

“My mother” said Sehun as he tried to keep a straight face, not wanting to let out a satisfied smile. “Do I sense jealousy?”

“Obviously not” scoffed Jinah as she felt herself let out a sigh in relief.

“You are” teased Sehun.

“I am not!” Defended Jinah looking away from his teasing expression.

“You know I only have you” said Sehun letting out a small laugh as he watched her expression.

“I hate you” muttered Jinah throwing an unused spoon at him to which he dodged.

“Please, you love me”

-----

“So…you’re a werewolf, huh” Jinah stated as she leaned against Sehun’s chest, plopping a piece of orange into . They were sitting up on the hospital bed, with Sehun propped up against a pillow and Jinah sitting in between his legs. 

“Yep” said Sehun popping the 'p' sound. She was playing with his right hand as his left was wrapped around her waist.

“Does that mean you have fur?” Asked Jinah as her curiosity began sparking up. “or do you have hair? You’re not like a centaur are you, like half animal half human? Oh my god, do you eat animals then?”

Sehun chuckled at her cute questions before giving her answers. “Yes I do have both hair and fur. No I’m not like a centaur nor do I eat animals”

Jinah’s eyes concentrated on playing his hand as she listened to his answers.

“Can I put a leash around you and walk you?” Asked Jinah tilting her head up to look at Sehun while plopping an orange into his mouth.

Sehun burst into laughter at how serious she was with that question. “No, you can’t because I don’t think a leash would fit around my neck”

Jinah nodded in realization and was about to turn her head when Sehun caught her lips in a kiss. She was still surprised at his unexpected kisses but reminded herself that she was already his. She let herself melt against him and kissed him back slowly, steadily closing her eyes. He felt his wolf howling with delight in his head when he felt her kiss him back. He lifted her from between his legs and onto his lap as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He loved the way her hands wrapped around his neck as she brought herself closer to him.

Jinah slowly detached her lips with his as her eyes fluttered opened. She shyly buried herself in his chest feeling his chest shake as he laughed. 

“Can I see your wolf?” Muttered Jinah.

“Now?” Asked Sehun as his eyes widened at the unexpected request.

“Now” said Jinah nodding.

“Well, I can’t show you in here…” said Sehun as her face fell in disappointment. “But I can ask the doctor if we can get you discharged.”

A smile made its way to Jinah’s face as she nodded in excitement. Sehun left the room look for the doctor and a second later, he reentered the room with a man in a white gown following close behind holding a clipboard. 

“How are you feeling Ms. Lee?” asked the doctor, who’s name take read Dr. Kim.

“A lot better” replied Jinah with a smile. 

“Well, I can definitely see that” said Dr. Kim returning a smile. “I’m just going to check all your vitals again and then we can decide if you be discharged”

Jinah walked back with her IV drip in tow. He checked her blood pressure and heartbeat, along with a bunch of other things that Jinah didn’t know about.

“Okay” said Dr. Kim, writing something on the clipboard before he began to take out her IV drip. “I believe you’re good to go Ms. Lee.”

“Really?” Said Jinah clapping her hands excitedly.

“Make sure you eat enough” said Dr. Kim. “We don’t want you collapsing again do we?”

“I’ll make sure she’s eating” said Sehun, shaking Dr. Kim’s hand as Jinah began to pack up all the things people had brought her. “Thank you doctor”

“Anytime Sehun” smiled Dr. Kim. “By the way, your mate seems like a pretty nice girl”

“She is” said Sehun before thanking the doctor again as he left the room. “Let’s head back to the house for some clothes”

-----

Sehun brought Jinah back to the pack house before quickly going upstairs to grab something for Jinah to drape over her small frame. In a split second, he showed up next to Jinah on the porch before slipping her into one of his hoodies that was so big on her that it went all the way to her knees. He pulled the hood over her head, as she pushed her hair to the front. He gently pulled on the hood, yanking her forward so that her lips were met with his.

“Sneaky” muttered Jinah when he pulled away before tiptoeing and giving him a peck in return.

“Who’s the sneaky one now” said Sehun as he laced his fingers with hers, tugging her after him as they made their way towards the forest. When they made it into the forest he suddenly whipped off his shirt and threw it at Jinah’s face. Jinah removed the shirt from her face and gave him a playful glare. 

He returned with a boyish smile before walking towards a large tree. “Stay there”

Behind the tree, he took off his pants because he didn’t want to have to go back and slowly transformed himself into a wolf. Jinah heard a set of bones cracking before looking up to see a large silver wolf with gold eyes staring straight at her.

“Sehun?” Whispered Jinah taking a step forward. Unlike the first time where she was filled with fear, her eyes were filled with curiosity and anticipation.

Sehun stayed still and carefully watched her expression. He watched her slowly making her way towards him as he let out a wolfish grin, happy that she wasn’t afraid of him. As she walked closer to him, she had forgotten how large of a wolf he was and anxiety slowly returned to her. However, she picked up her courage and stretched her hand out. 

He slowly walked closer to her not wanting to scare her with his size and lowered his head so her hands grazed his fur. A smile slowly formed on her face as she began to pat and rub his head, causing him to nuzzle closer to her hand. Jinah took a look at his face, staring into the big golden eyes that had a very familiar mischievous glint to them.

Sehun whimpered in satisfaction before laying down on the ground with his tummy sticking up. Jinah let out a laugh and crouched down before scratching the area behind his ears. 

“Do you like that?” Asked Jinah as she continued to play with his pointed ears. As if answering, he shifted his body so that his head rested on her lap. Jinah proceeded to rub his belly and his fur as she began talking about anything that came to her mind. 

He began to purr as if expressing his happiness and his tail began wagging on the ground in pleasure. A smile never left Jinah’s face as she softly ran her fingers through his fur.

He was like a giant puppy, with his tongue sticking out and tail wagging back and forth. 

Sehun got up from his position and trotted over to the large tree. Jinah heard bones cracking again as Sehun’s head popped out from behind the tree with a grin on his face. He walked out from behind with his clothes back on, holding out a hand and pulling Jinah up from her seated position on the ground.

“You were so cute” grinned Jinah cupping Sehun’s cheeks in her hands and squishing them.

“I’m always cute” muttered Sehun with his squished cheeks and fish lips.

“And cocky” joked Jinah giving him a harder squeeze before giving him a quick peck on his now fish lips. She quickly let go and took off running with Sehun sprinting after her. Of course he was faster than her and quickly caught her in his arms. He spun her around, causing her to giggle before wrapping his arms tightly around her waist and bringing her close to him.

“You must have so much confidence to keep messing with a wolf like that”