031

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Sehun felt his heart skip a beat when he heard those words come out from his mate’s mouth. He stopped in his tracks when he felt her fingers wrap around his wrist.

“what?” Asked Sehun slowly turning around to face Jinah. Her eyes were filled with despair and distress that just her touch made Sehun immediately stop in his tracks.  

“Stay…with me…I-I need you” whispered Jinah, her voice laced with desperation. Sehun slowly sat down on the chair next to her bed making Jinah shake her head. She scooted her body to the left of her bed and patted the spot next to her. Sehun’s eyes widened in shock at the unexpected gesture.

“Ar-are you sure?” Asked Sehun uneasily. Of course he wanted to get in bed with Jinah, but he was afraid he was going to scare her.

Despite his uneasiness, Jinah nodded her head and again, patted the spot next to her. This time, Sehun obliged and slipped his long body into the tiny bed that was obviously meant for only one person. Their bodies were practically touching as they stared at each other without saying a word.

“You’ve lost so much weight” muttered Sehun.

Jinah stared at Sehun, taking in the handsome face that she missed so much. He looked like he hadn’t gotten any sleep the past few days and it was evident in the dark eyelids that drooped down from his eyes.

“I-“ started Jinah fumbling her fingers around nervously. “I just want to say that I’m sorry…”

“Hey, you don’t have to apologize…” muttered Sehun bringing his hand up to brush a piece of hair away from her face, tucking it behind her ear. 

“I do.” Said Jinah. “I-I said so many rude things to you…and you just let me say them to you…”

“Because I deserved it” said Sehun smiling slightly relieved with the fact that Jinah didn’t hate him. 

“no, you didn’t because that’s just how you were born …and and everyone else and it’s not like you can turn back time. And I should’ve thought about it before I said those nasty things to you. I shouldn’t have just closed you out like that and not listen to what you had to sa-“

“Hey, Nana…Nana!” Chuckled Sehun cutting Jinah off making her eyes widen in surprise. “You’re mumbling again” 

“Oh..sorry” muttered Jinah red creeping up to her cheeks as she looked down at the blanket. “I just…”

“Listen to me Lee Jinah,” said Sehun bringing his right hand to cup Jinah’s cheek. “I’d choose you. In any world. In any lifetime. Even if I wasn’t a werewolf, I’d still choose you. And I'd wait for you...even if it'll take eternity. I’d fall in love with you over and over again because I just love everything about you. I love the way you mumble when you get nervous and the way your nose crinkles when you laugh. I love everything that made you who you are now.”

Jinah’s eyes widened at the sudden confession, tears slowly forming in her eyes before muttering. “I…was being stupid wasn’t I?”

“Of course not” chuckled Sehun. “I think airhead is a better word”

“That I agree with for once” said Jinah letting out a smile.

“Does that mean…you, accept me?” Asked Sehun carefully phrasing the question.

Jinah stared at him before nodding shyly. “Yes, I do.”

Sehun felt all the stress and tiredness from the past few days disappear from his body. A weight had finally been lifted from his shoulders.

She accepted me…

Sehun couldn’t hold back his smile as he continued to look at Jinah lovingly. He slowly laced his fingers together with Jinah’s and pulled her closer to him. Slowly, he tilted his head down and the two shared their first kiss after she had accepted him as a mate. They’ve kissed multiple times before but this time, it was different. There was something more in the kiss, there was a stronger sense of love and acceptance, a sense of delicacy and desperation. Jinah closed her eyes in absolute bliss as she felt the sparks dance in between their lips and their interlaced their fingers. His kiss, his touch…everything was perfect, even more perfect than before. No words could describe how she was feeling as she felt her heart swell up with love.

So this is how you feel when someone you love…loves you back…

Their lips parted naturally to give each other time to catch their breath. But not long after, he quickly gave Jinah quick pecks on the lip making her giggle.

“I missed you” whispered Sehun using his other hand to her head.

“I missed you too” replied Jinah giving him a shy grin. She was still exhausted from all the needles  sticking inside of her and the medicine that had been injected in her. Sehun could definitely tell she was drowsy as she continued to fight back yawns.

“Sleep.” Said Sehun gently. He brought his fingers up to her face and gently closed her eyes. “We’ll talk in the morning”

“But-“

Sehun gave Jinah a fake stern look as she yawned. “I’ll stay with you…so sleep”

“I’m not slee-“ Jinah slowly drifted off to sleep as if a spell was put on her making Sehun chuckle. He shook his head unbelievably.

How can someone fall asleep in the middle of talking?

He felt her snuggle into his chest and rested his chin on top of her head. A waft of tropical mangoes entered his nose making him immediately soothing him, making his eyes slowly droop down pulling him into a peaceful sleep.

-----

Sehun felt the sun penetrate through the windows, engulfing him in warmth. He slowly opened his eyes, steadily adjusting to the light. His eyes darted around the room in confusion before reminiscing what had happened the previous night. He felt a little wiggle besides him making him look down at his mate snuggling into his chest and gripping his hand into a tight squeeze.  He felt his lips raise up into a small smile before using his other hand to bring the blanket up higher so that it covered Jinah more. He hadn’t slept this well the past few days and it was the first time ever that he had slept like a baby.

“Nana~”

“Mei mei!”

“Sehun-ah are you still in-“

Loud voices disrupted the peaceful silence before being silenced by Sehun. 

“Shhhh!” Whisper shouted Sehun, turning his head to face the door that was currently crowded with werewolves eyes widened like saucers. “She’s still sleeping”

“What the-“

“Oh my god!”

“Shhhh!” Repeated Sehun giving everyone a glare. Baekhyun and Chanyeol raised their arms up in surrender as they walked into the room with Yixing and Kyungsoo following.

“Did you two make up?” Asked Baekhyung whispering.

“You idiot!” Muttered Chanyeol hitting the back of Baekhyun’s head.

“Ouch!” Yelped Baekhyun clearly not controlling his sound level.

“Shhh!” Whispered everyone, making Baekhyun immediately cover his mouth with his hands. Jinah stirred in her sleep but soft snores were heard from her soon after. Everyone let out a sigh in relief not wanting to wake an exhausted Jinah up. 

“Sorry!” Said Baekhyun looking around with doe eyes, his mouth still covered with his hands. 

“Of course they made up!” Said Chanyeol. “They’re literally on top of each other right now!”

Sehun scoffed and rolled his eyes in disbelief. “Why are you guys here anyways?”

“We came to make sure Mei Mei’s alright” said Yixing setting down a bouquet of flowers.

“Plus, we brought food for Nana so she can make a speedy recovery” grinned Kyungsoo setting down a container filled with porridge. And keep in mind, Kyungsoo was one to hardly grin. He was always the more serious members of the pack, but the most motherly like. 

“And some fruits because who doesn’t like fruits” added Baekhyun putting down a basket full of fresh fruit.

“And, I heard Vitamin D is good for recovery!” Grinned Chanyeol thinking he had said something highly intelligent as he placed a bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice on the now filled up table.

“It’s Vitamin C you idiot” muttered Kyungsoo giving Chanyeol a look to which the taller male shrugged off.

Sehun smiled at his pack members. Although they hadn’t known Jinah for very long, they still treated her like a part of the pack.

“Thanks” said Sehun giving them each a grateful smile.

“Anyways…” said Baekhyun noticing the mood they were in. “Tell us when she’s up”

 “We’ll give you two some space” winked Chanyeol, dragging Baekhyun after him who was waving frantically. Yixing and Kyungsoo whispered a goodbye before following after the two, closing the door quietly behind them. 

And peace was finally restored once again. Sehun rolled his eyes at his crazy pack members yet a smile still didn’t leave his face. 

Besides him, Jinah began to stir in her sleep. Sehun turned to look at her face as she slowly opened one eye to adjust to the brightness. 

“You’re awake?” Asked Sehun looking down at her face. Jinah quickly unlaced her hand from Sehun’s, bringing them up to her face to cover them shyly.

“Mmmm” mumbled Jinah. Sehun let out a chuckle. He brought his hands to her wrists and gently removed them from covering her face.

“mmm…give me a kiss” mumbled Jinah still half asleep. Sehun swooned at how cute his mate was when she said those words and had no choice but to oblige and give her a morning kiss.

“You’re so beautiful” whispered Sehun gazing into Jinah’s eyes. Getting shy and with her wrists trapped in Sehun’s warm hands, she quickly buried her head into Sehun’s chest, feeling the laughing vibrations bounce of his sturdy chest.

“Shut up you’re making me embarrassed” muttered Jinah with her head still in his chest.

“It’s true am I wrong?” Grinned Sehun releasing her hands. Jinah looked up to look at Sehun and slapped his chest in embarrassment.

“Were you always this cheesy?” Asked Jinah playfully glaring at Sehun.

Sehun replied with a wink making her giggle and slap his chest once again. However, because the bed was too small, Jinah was too busy laughing to notice that she was at the edge of the bed as she lost her balance and began falling backwards. With his fast reflexes, Sehun caught Jinah before she tumbled off the bed making her eyes widen. Leaning forward, Sehun gave her a small peck on the lips before whispering into her ear.

“Only for you”