030

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Early update today because I have a paper to do that's dude tomorrow T.T Please don't hate me for last chapter!!! Anyways, thank you for sticking with this story even though Jinah was being hella difficult :) Don't worry things will soon be all happy and fluffy again.

Enjoy the chapter!

xoxo

-----

The past few days and up until now, Jinah laid in her bed, completely zoning herself away from the world around her. She hadn’t showed up at work, nor did she step out of her apartment door, let alone even get out of bed. She barely ate or drank anything and the only thing she did was simply lay in bed.

Everyone she knew had knocked on the door, asking to see her face or to simply just talk. They felt guilty for not telling her the truth but what they wanted to tell her was that they honestly did care about her. But before they could even get to that, they were greeted with the only words that came out of .

“Go away.”

She turned down Ji Ae and Moonbyul, whom became her sisters during her time here, or so she thought. She turned down Jungkook who quickly became her close friend due to their close age, but now she had her doubts. She even turned down Mark, her longtime best friend whom she could trust no matter what, but despite them being best friends, he never told her his biggest secret. How could she trust him?

And Sehun was doing no better. He barely slept a wink and would wake up to go to work looking like a zombie. His temper was back and even worse than before, causing fear to erupt throughout the company. After work, he would make his way to Jinah’s apartment just so he could at least smell her scent that slightly radiated from the crack beneath her door.

Jinah wasn’t going to lie to herself and say she didn’t miss any of them, especially Sehun. She missed his scent, his touch, his little kisses, and the little things he did to make her happy. Plus, Jinah had to admit she was a bit harsh on him. She knew he couldn’t do anything about the fact that he was a werewolf because he was just simply born like that. It’s not like he could turn back time and change who he was. However, she would’ve liked it if he had at least said something to her.

There was one side of her that she wanted to run to him and tell her that she needed him, but there was the stubborn side of her that refused to give in.

Conflicted, Jinah was barely eating anything, which made her weaker and weaker by the day despite her constant resting. She even lost track of what day of the week it was. And today was no different. This would be the 3rd time Mark had visited his best friend.

“Jinah” said Mark softly as he knocked on the door.

“Go away” muttered Jinah weakly. Not eating or drinking anything was beginning to take a huge toll on her.

“Jinah please. I’m not going to leave until you agree to see me” begged Mark persistently. 

Jinah sighed as she got up and stumbled her way to the door. She felt her head spin and her eyes grow hazy from the lack of nutrition. She slowly opened the door and peeked her head out. Mark eyes widened surprised that she actually opened her door and at the state she was in. She looked pale and sickly.

“You’ve seen me now” said Jinah slightly swaying in her spot. If it wasn’t for her tight grip on her door knob, she would’ve fallen for sure.

“Please just let me explain” said Mark with begging eyes.

“Are you one too?” Asked Jinah weakly.

“…I am…” whispered Mark.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Since when? Back in LA?” Jinah put more force into her words, but they still came out softly.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t tell you…it’s the law that I can’t say anything about who I am” said Mark. “Please Jinah…”

By this time Jinah’s body felt hot all over as her head began to spin. Her vision began filling up with white and dark spots as she lost her grip on the door. She began to slip before Mark’s eyes widened immediately catching her in his arms.

“Jinah!” Shouted Mark catching Jinah. She felt light in his arms as she leaned her head on his shoulders. “Jinah are you okay?”

She tried to open to say something, but no sound came out. She felt her eyelids heavy as she tried to keep them open. Slowly, her eyes began to close and she felt her body fall limp into Mark’s arms. She could barely hear Mark’s frantic voice in the background screaming her name as she slipped out of consciousness. 

“Jinah!” “Jinah!”

-----

Mark ran and ran in his wolf form with Jinah’s unconscious body on top of him, arms loosely slung around his neck, until he got to the pack clinic. There was no hospital nearby and his only choice was the pack clinic, home to the greatest werewolf doctors out there. As he ran through the forest, he immediately mind linked Jinyoung to call Sehun to tell him about Jinah.

He used his nose to nudge the pack doctor’s home. The door opened immediately and a surprised Dr. Kim opened the door.

“What ha-“ Dr. Kim’s words drowned out as he immediately noticed the unconscious Jinah and lifted her from Mark’s body, pointing to some spare clothes on a table next to the door. “Shift and change into those”

He immediately took her into one of the rooms, placing her on a bed with Mark following behind after he had shifted back to his human form. 

“What’s wrong with her?” Asked Mark chewing his lip nervously as Dr. Kim used a light to look into Jinah’s eyes.

“She has a slight fever” said Dr. Kim using his stethoscope to check her heartbeat. “See her lips? They’re parched, meaning she’s barely eating or drinking anything and it’s been a couple of days, which is most likely why she passed out”

“So what’s going to happen to her?” Mark’s eyes widened as he heard that his best friend hadn’t been eating. 

“Well, I’ll give her an IV drip in addition to some medicine and nutrient drips” said Dr. Kim immediately inserting an IV into her skin. “We’ll see if her fever goes down and the medicine should provide her with the nutrients that she hasn’t been obtaining for the past few days.”

“Does that mean she’s alright?” asked Mark looking over at a pale Jinah laying on the white bedsheets.

“You brought her in just in time Mark” said Dr. Kim.”She should be awake in a couple of hours maybe more…By the way, who is she?”

“My best friend from a couple of years ago…and she’s Sehun’s mate” muttered Mark heading over to Jinah’s side.

“Sehun’s mate? That boy’s found his mate?” Asked Dr. Kim with his eyes widened, clearly surprised.

Mark nodded as he took a seat next to the bed. 

“Well, don’t worry too much about it. She’ll be fine as long as she eats when she gains consciousness” said Dr. Kim patting Mark on the back. “Call me if you need anything.”

“Thank you Doctor” said Mark giving him a grateful smile. When Dr. Kim walked out, Mark let out a sigh in relief, thankful that nothing to serious happened to Jinah, for he couldn’t even fathom how Sehun was going to react.

Speaking of Sehun, he immediately headed to the pack clinic as soon as he heard the news of his mate. 

“How is she?” Asked Sehun bursting through the doors of the room Jinah was in. His feet automatically made their way towards the bed as his eyes roamed over her unconscious body.

“She’s fine, the doctor just said she’s barely been eating and drinking these past few days which is why she lost consciousness” said Mark taking a look at Sehun. He, too, looked like a mess. His hair was disheveled, his eye bags were dark in comparison to his pale skin, and his eyes looked lost and tired. 

“Thank god” muttered Sehun, thankful that she was alright, but apologetic that he couldn’t prevent this from happening.

Mark got up from his seat and patted Sehun on the back. “Don’t beat yourself up too much…I’ll leave you alone with her.”

Sehun gave him a grateful smile before taking a seat next to his mate. “Thank yoy, Mark hyung.” 

Mark returned the smile and left the ward quietly shutting the door behind him, leaving Sehun alone with Jinah. Sehun stared at her unconscious state, the tubes inserted into her hand. Feeling apologetic and regretful, he slowly held her hand, which felt cold against his and placed it against his cheek. 

Keeping hold of her hand, his eyes slowly drifted shut as he leaned down, the lack of sleep taking a toll on him.

I’m so sorry…

-----

Still half unconscious, Jinah’s eyes opened slightly. Her eyes moved to her hand where a warm hand engulfed hers, thumb rubbing the back of her hand in a soothing manner. Feeling comfortable, but still exhausted, Jinah’s eyes slowly closed as she drifted off into another sleep.

-----

Jinah’s eyes fluttered open as her eyes slowly adjusted to the moonlight streaming in through the window. Not knowing where she was, she glanced around the unknown room, putting pieces together only to realize she was in some sort of hospital room. She felt a warm sensation where her right hand was and looked down to see Sehun sleeping peacefully while holding her small hand in his.

 Jinah carefully removed her hand from his, not wanting to wake him up as she started to trace the features on his face, from his sharp jawline to his defined eyebrows. Her lips curled up slightly as she watched his nose crinkled slightly under her touch. 

But then, his eyes suddenly opened startling Jinah as she quickly removed her hand from his face. His eyes widened when he saw that she was awake and as she continued to stare at him, noticing the deep eye bags that made him seem as if he hadn’t gotten any sleep.

He rubbed his eyes tiredly before mumbling, “You’re awake? How are you feeling?”

“better” replied Jinah softly. He looked into her eyes but couldn’t read what she was thinking. He wasn’t sure if she was still angry at him or sad. Nothing. He couldn’t read anything from her eyes.

“I can leave…if you want…if you’re feeling uncomfortable” said Sehun as he turned around, knowing that she could possibly still be scared of him. He began to slowly walk away when a small warm hand reach out to grab his arm.

“Stay with me…please…”