028

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Please check out my new story, Not So One Sided Love (you can just click the title). I'll be regularly updating both stories so please look forward to it! It'll be another Sehun x OC story because Sehun is just love Sehun is just life (and because he's my ult. bias) <3

Here's a mini preview(?): 

They say that the mid twenties is the golden age for both love and career. With her career in check, Park Hyemi is stuck between her hot tempered boss, Oh Sehun and her ex boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo. Can Hyemi make the right decision?

I hope you enjoy this chapter and please check out my new story!

xoxo

-----

Footsteps echoed through the quiet lobby as Jinah and Sehun made their way towards the front door. Heads turned to stare at their boss hand in hand with his supposed girlfriend. Like usual, Sehun wore an unamused and cold expression on his face.

Jinah turned to look at her boyfriend with her eyebrows furrowed. Sensing her stare, Sehun turned to look at his mate eyes filled with confusion. 

“What’s wrong?” Muttered Sehun stopping in his tracks as he brought his finger up to her face to smooth out her furrowed expression. 

“Why are you so grumpy?” Asked Jinah looking at Sehun’s face. 

He let out a sigh when she had replied, thinking she was feeling some sort of discomfort. 

“Because,” said Sehun thinking of an excuse.

“Because?” Repeated Jinah. “don’t tell me it was something to do with you showing them who’s boss”

Sehun didn’t say anything for his little mate was spot on. 

“It is isn’t it” scoffed Jinah amusingly. “You are such a baby!”

“Am not” frowned Sehun. “They just need to know who’s in charge around here…”

“Who wouldn’t know” Jinah shook her head as she brought her thumb and pointer finger up to his frowned lips before pushing them up, making him awkwardly smile. “There much better.”

Everyone’s eyes widened as they stared at their boss’s interaction with his girlfriend. Sehun turned to look at them switching his expression back to a glare. 

“Are you guys not going to work?” 

Immediately, heads turned away at their boss’s words, scared of his wrath. They shuffled away as they slowly recovered from their shock and returned to work. 

Jinah quickly put her fingers on his lips again, forcing him to smile before grabbing his hands and dragging him out the door with a grin written on his face. 

Sehun gestured to the valet parking guy to bring him his car keys. The man bowed as Sehun grabbed the keys from his hand, making his way to his car parked in front of the building. 

Jinah tugged his arm making him turn around, wondering what was wrong this time. 

“Say thank you” said Jinah gesturing to the man who was staring wide eyed a the couple. 

Not wanting to argue with his mate, Sehun muttered a quick thanks much to the man’s surprise and pulled Jinah after him to his car. 

“good boy” grinned Jinah as if she was praising a puppy and gave him a small peck on the lips before getting into the passenger seat. 

Damn…if I knew I was getting awarded for being polite, I would’ve done this ages ago…

-----

“Where are we?” Asked Jinah stretching her arms.

“One of my favorite restaurants” said Sehun parking his car in front of a small traditional restaurant. He got out and opened the door for his mate, who staggered a bit as she tried to keep her balance. “Clumsy…”

“tsk” said Jinah slapping him on the shoulder as she made her way to the entrance.

Opening the door, Jinah made her way inside and was greeted by an older woman.

“Welcome! How ma- “ the lady’s face immediately lit up when she saw Sehun enter after Jinah. “Sehun!”

“Adjumma” greeted Sehun with a smile on his face, bringing the tiny woman into an embrace. 

“Are you here alone again?” She asked with sparkling eyes.

“No,” he said lacing his fingers with Jinah’s. The lady’s eyes moved to their laced fingers before letting out a squeal ”I’m here with my girlfriend”

“Nice to meet you” said Jinah giving her a polite smile and a bow. 

“Girlfriend?! Did you say girlfriend?” Repeated the lady excitedly. “Our Sehun finally has a girlfriend?”

“neh…” Said Sehun slightly embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

“Oh my gosh!” Said the lady turning to look at Jinah. She took her Jinah’s hand and patted it lovingly. “Look at you, you’re so gorgeous”

“Thank you” said Jinah shyly. 

“Our Sehun’s never brought a girl here” she said. “Hell, I don’t even think he’s even had one. You must be one lucky girl.”

“I am very lucky” said Jinah smiling as she turned to look at Sehun.

“Adjumma!” Pouted Sehun with an evident blush on his face. 

“Oh dear, I guess I got a bit too excited” chuckled the lady before gesturing for them to follow her.

Sehun took off his dress shoes, stepping onto the wooden floor before holding Jinah’s hand as she slipped off her heels. 

This was going to be an interesting lunch.

-----

Jinah rubbed her stomach as Sehun parked his car in front of his company.

“that was so good” mumbled Jinah with a grin on her face. 

“I use use to go there a lot when I was a kid and even now when I have time to eat” said Sehun taking Jinah’s hand in his, rubbing her hand with his thumb gently. 

“You shouldn’t skip meals” said Jinah tracing her unoccupied hand on his hand. She gave his hand a quick squeeze.

“But do you know what’s even better?” Asked Sehun suddenly.

“What?” Asked Jinah looking confused. 

“That you’re going to spend the next couple of hours with me in my office” grinned Sehun looking like a kid who’s just gotten candy as a prize.

“Oh joy” said Jinah sarcastically.

“What, you don’t want to?” Asked Sehun smirking childishly. “Too bad, I won’t take no for an answer!”

“You weren’t going to give me a choice anyways!” Said Jinah. “I swear you’re such a dork…”

Jinah chuckled at how dumb her boyfriend was, bringing his hand to her lips before pecking it. Smiling, he opened the car door and ran to the other side to open hers.

Hand in hand, they made their way to the large entrance. Instead of directly going to the gate, Sehun headed towards the receptionist with Jinah in tow. 

Immediately, the receptionist saw her boss making his way towards her and immediately bowed. 

“Mr. Oh, I am so sorry” she said apologizing as she bowed.

Before Sehun could say anything, Jinah tugged on his arm and gave him a stink eye glare. 

“Don’t you dare”muttered Jinah.

“fine…” Sehun closed his eyes and sighed before turning back to the receptionist. “You’re lucky my girlfriend is nice…”

“Yes sir, I am very grateful towards you ma’am” said receptionist bowing to Jinah.

Jinah gave her a small smile. “Jinah is fine. And as I said earlier, you were just doing your job.”

The receptionist let out a sigh in relief thankful that she didn’t loose her job. Sehun gave  her another look before walking towards the gate hand in hand with Jinah. 

“Be nice.”

-----

“Are you not going to do your work?” Asked Jinah not looking up from her phone. It had been three hours since they had got back and she had felt her boyfriend’s occasional stares on her. 

“You’re just…so pretty” he mumbled staring at Jinah shamelessly. Jinah threw him a look but immediately softened when he saw the look on his face. She made her way towards him, standing above him as he sat on his leather chair. She squished his face with her hands making him look like a fish and gave him a gentle peck on his lips. 

“What are we going to do with you” muttered Jinah.

“You tell me” mumbled Sehun trying to get his words out but his face was still being squished by Jinah.

“How are you going to get any work done?” Asked Jinah giving him a harder squeeze before letting go. 

“It’s okay, I have Yixing anyways…” replied Sehun with a cheeky grin.

“You can’t just keep relying on-“ Jinah was cut off with a peck making her eyes widen in shock. 

“You talk to much” muttered Sehun before capturing her lips again. Her pulse ran wild the moment his lips touched hers, making her breathless. Jinah stood as she wrapped her arms around his neck just as his wrapped around her waist. 

“Hey Sehun, I got the- Oh my god, I am so sorry”

Yixing’s eyes widened as he walked in, immediately making a U turn and closing the door behind him. Jinah parted with Sehun letting out a loud laugh knowing exactly how had walked in. 

“Is it safe to enter now?”