027

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Thank you for the wonderful feedback :) New fic will be posted soon~ Please look forward to it! 

Enjoy the chapter~

xoxo

-----

The weekend after the conference passed by quickly with Sehun and Jinah’s relationship progressing rather quickly. It was finally Monday and even picking her up from her apartment and dropping her off at work was a fight with his own feelings. 

“You have to go to work Sehun” said Jinah from her closet. Her boyfriend had decided to come almost an hour early to pick her up because he claimed he missed her even after their 3 hour long FaceTime the ious night. 

“But, I’ll miss you…” pouted Sehun. He walked over to the closet door, and peered in. She was wearing navy blue skinny jeans with a black crossed crop tank top and a white and black checkered flannel. 

Jinah looked up to see her boyfriend’s head stick into her closet and raised her eyebrows. “We’ll only be apart for a couple of hours.” 

“A couple of hours too much!” Said Sehun with his arms crossed. He walked back to the couch sitting down disappointedly. 

Jinah sighed and walked over to him, standing in front of him. He was usually towering above her when he stood, but this time, their roles were reversed with him sitting down. She cupped his face in her hands and lifted them making him look into her eyes. 

“You’re being such a baby” muttered Jinah giving him a quick peck on the lips, evidently turning his his frown upside down. He slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her down onto his lap. With his mate startled, he captured her lips and giving her a kiss. Their lips touched softly and immediately sparks erupted.

He pulled away giving the startled girl on his lap a goofy grin. “But you love it.”

“You idiot” muttered Jinah punching his shoulder. Sehun continued to gaze at his mate lovingly. 

“Why do you look so pretty today” he muttered making Jinah blush. She hit his chest embarrassed and hid her face in his neck, feeling his chuckle crystal clear. 

He tilted her face before capturing her lips again. A soft pair of lips touched her own and resulted in a delicate but long kiss that tugged on Jinah’s heart and warmed her because of the happiness that built up inside of her.

“You kiss way too much” said Jinah catching her breath as she pulled away. “We’ll be late for work.”

“Not that I’m complaining” said Sehun as Jinah got up from his lap. She went over to her vanity table and looked herself in the mirror, fixing her hair and making sure her makeup was set. “You look great, amazing, absolutely stunning!”

“Shut up” laughed Jinah taking her eyes off before grabbing her purse, slipping on a pair of black heels. 

“Are you forgetting anything?” Asked Sehun as he closed the door in her apartment.

Jinah tilted her head before snapping her finger in realization. “My phone! See, I knew I was forgetting something.”

Sehun chuckled as he watched his mate push in the combination of her apartment. Before she went back into the apartment, he grabbed her arm and turned her around before swiftly planting a kiss on her lips. 

“Once an airhead, always an airhead” he grinned before quickly making his way down the stairs before Jinah could slap his abdomen. 

“I hate you!”

“No, you don’t, you love me!”

“Shut up!”

-----

The drive to the bar was pretty eventful. There were multiple cases of dangerous driving because of the kisses and pecks that resulted in Sehun almost loosing control over the vehicle he was driving. Jinah decided that since she didn’t want to die early, she would restrain herself to only holding his right hand as his left stayed on the wheel much to Sehun’s dissatisfaction. 

Sehun parked his car in the small parking lot besides the building. Turning off the engine, he faced Jinah.

“Visit me at the company today” he said with puppy dog eyes. 

Jinah smiled cupping his face as she planted a small kiss on his plump lip, “We’ll see.”

“You better because I’ll miss you…” said Sehun pecking Jinah’s palm. 

“You’re such a big baby” scoffed Jinah. “How are you one of the scariest bosses out there?”

“Where did you hear that from?” Asked Sehun rubbing his cheek into Jinah’s palm.

“Um…like everyone?” Stated Jinah factually while rolling her eyes. 

“Just come to my office today” Sehun groaned. “Baekhyun hyung goes to work at around noon today, so I’ll tell him to come pick you up.”

“What kind of boss goes to work at 12 in the freaking afternoon?” Asked Jinah letting out a confused sigh. 

“One that had one too many drinks last night” answered Sehun.

“Should I even entrust my life in his hands?” Asked Jinah shivering at the thought of a very hungover Baekhyun driving her through the city. 

“Life can be full of thrills sometimes” grinned Sehun. 

“More like death callings…” muttered Jinah. “What about work?”

“I asked Namjoon this morning to give you half the day off” Sehun gave Jinah a cheeky grin. 

“You sneaky littl-“ Sehun cut Jinah off with a kiss, immediately shutting her up. After around 2 minutes of lip locking, Sehun pulled away leaving a very flushed Jinah. “I’ll see you later”

Jinah gave him a peck on the cheek before opening the car door and getting out. Giving him one last wave, Jinah turned her back with a smile on her face. Sehun watched his mate’s back disappear through the door before heading off to work, already feeling jittery at the thought of his mate coming to his office. He could finally show his girl off and boy were people in for a surprise.

-----

Right at noon, Baekhyun showed up at the bar jingling his car keys in his hands with a grin on his face. 

“Road trip!” Shouted Baekhyun startling Jinah.

“He really did send you…” muttered Jinah but of course Baekhyun had heard. She was already changed back to the clothes she was wearing that morning.

Baekhyun gasped and put his hand over his heart. “I’m hurt Nana! Do you not want to see this beautiful face?”

“It’s not that…should I even trust your driving skills?” Asked Jinah.

“Puhlease, I’m one of the best drivers in this whole group” bragged Baekhyun making everyone in the room scoff. Jimin patted Jinah on the back before wishing her good luck to which Baekhyun responded with a glare. Jungkook gave his best friend an encouraging look as Taehyung gave her a little hug.

Baekhyun pushed Taehyung away as he put his arms around Jinah shoulders, dragging her towards the door. “This is going to be so much fun Nana!”

Jinah quickly grabbed her purse from a stool and turned her head around to see her friends waving. 

“Help me” mouthed Jinah.

“Good luck stay safe!” Shouted Seokjin giving her a thumbs up.

“God help my ing soul”

-----

When Baekhyun stopped the car in front of Sehun’s company, Jinah finally let out a sigh, thanking the lord in her head. It was the scariest 30 minute drive in her life that resulted in her knuckles turning white white from how tight she was grabbing onto the handle. He literally sped through the city, making sharp turns as if it were a racetrack.

“I’ll see you later Nana!” Chirped Baekhyun grinning from ear to ear. 

“…Yea…I’ll see you later…” Jinah made a mental note to never ask for a ride from Baekhyun’s ever again. Not only was his driving a little reckless, but on top of that he talked way too much. She wondered how he even passed his driving test or how anyone could even possibly have that many words to say. 

Jinah got out of the vehicle still a little wobbly from the drive. She waved the Baekhyun, giving him a smile, sort of grateful that she didn’t have to walk all the way to the office. 

Jinah made her way through a set of automatic doors, slightly, meaning really, impressed with how amazing her boyfriend’s building was. 

The lobby was bustling with people from the company coming to and from their lunch breaks and it was pretty obvious that Jinah didn’t work there due to her attire. If she had known, she would’ve dressed more professionally, then again, she was only here to visit her boyfriend who was just the CEO of this giant building. A couple of heads turned wondering what an unfamiliar yet pretty face was doing here, causing Jinah to unknowingly draw unwanted attention to herself. 

Seeing that she couldn’t get in without a company card, she walked over to the receptionist sitting at a white marble table. 

“How can I help you?” Asked the receptionist monotonously, who’s name read Jung Somin. 

“Hello, I’m here to see Oh Sehun” stated Jinah giving the receptionist a polite smile.

“Do you have an appointment?” Asked the receptionist not looking up from her computer.

“Um, no I do-“

“Then I’m sorry I can’t let you up miss” said the receptionist cutting Jinah off finally looking up at Jinah.

“Oh, but you see, I’m um… his girlfriend” said Jinah shyly. By this time, more heads were turned towards her, whispers erupting when she had said that she was their CEO’s girlfriend.

“Yea, that’s what they all say” said the receptionist clearly not believing a word Jinah had said. 

“Can you just call him and tell him that Lee Jinah is here to see him?” Asked Jinah.

The receptionist sighed rather loudly before glaring at the girl. “Look, I’m telling you to leave before I call security. You’re probably one of Mr. Oh’s fangirls trying to get up there”

“I’m telling you, I’m really his girlfriend!” Insisted Jinah with her eyes staring straight at the woman.

“Here we go again…” muttered the woman. “And I’m married to Lee Minho! I’m not going to let you up there if you don’t have an appointment!”

“I don’t need one because I’m his girlfriend and he asked me to come today!” Argued Jinah with disbelief laced in her voice. 

“And I’m Lee Minho’s girlfriend. Leave before I call security” said the receptionist rather harshly. 

Jinah sighed before looking around. Around her, people were whispering and staring at her. Turning her head back to stare at the receptionist, she whipped out her phone to dial her boyfriend, who picked up almost immediately.

“Hey beautiful, are you here?” Asked Sehun with love evident in his voice.

“Yea, I’m in your lobby” said Jinah. “But your receptionist won’t let me up”

“What?” Asked Sehun in confusion. 

“Look lady, whatever your trying to pull isn’t working. How is it possible that Mr. Oh is on the phone with you right now?” Asked the receptionist rather loudly causing Sehun to hear through the phone. “Do you really want me to call security?” 

“And how is that not possible?” Mimicked Jinah pulling the phone away from her ear, directing the message towards the receptionist before speaking to Sehun again with a not amused expression plastered on her face.“She’s claiming I’m one of your fangirls trying to get up to see you”

“Put her on the phone” said Sehun almost immediately. 

Jinah passed the receptionist her phone who gave Jinah a glare. “Look what ever your trying to pull, I’ll have you know it’s a crime to impersonate someone of such high-“

“It isn’t a crime if I’m actually him” said Sehun with ice laced in his voice. Jinah crossed her arms in triumph as she watched the receptionist’s face turn from obnoxiousness to fear and anxiety. No one in the company did not recognize their boss’s voice especially the receptionist who directed calls towards him daily. “Now it would be nice if you didn’t keep my girlfriend waiting any longer.”

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Mr. Oh” said the receptionist.

“Bring her up now” said Sehun coldly emphasizing the last word. “Now give my girlfriend back her phone.”

“Right away sir” said the receptionist bowing to no one in particular as if Sehun was right in front of her. She handed the phone back to Jinah with a still shocked and fearful face.

Jinah took the phone back with raised eyebrows. The crowd stared at Jinah with shock as whispers went around about how standing in front of them was their boss’s girlfriend and how unbelievable it was.

“I’ll see you soon” said Sehun switching his tone to one of adoration. It was almost scary how fast he could change from a scary and intimidating boss to a loving, sweet boyfriend.

“See you soon” said Jinah letting out a small smile. 

“I miss you” said Sehun suddenly not wanting to let go of his phone, his mate’s melodic voice enchanting him, making him forget about his rude receptionist. 

“I miss you too” said Jinah before hanging up the phone, putting it back in her pocket. “Was that enough proof?”

“I am so sorry Miss Lee” said the receptionist bowing down multiple times.

“It’s fine, just a simple misunderstanding” said Jinah not wanting to hold it against the woman who was just simply doing her job, even though she was a bit rude. “How do I get up there?”

“I’ll open the gate for you right away Miss Lee” she said bowing again. Jinah turned around to see a multiple people staring straight at her who immediately turned their attention back to what they were doing, avoiding her stares. 

“She really is Mr. Oh’s girlfriend…”

“She’s so pretty…?”

“Holy , this is the first time ever that I heard our boss having a girlfriend..”

Jinah made her way to the gate with the receptionist leading her to the elevator. “Right to the top floor miss. Again, I am so sorry”

“It’s fine…really” Jinah said giving her a small smile just as the elevator closed, taking her to the top floor. Jinah immediately let go of her breath that she had been holding. 

Ding. 

The elevator arrived at the top floor startling Jinah out of her thoughts. She looked around to see a wide hobby that looked like a mini lobby with a guy sitting at the desk who Jinah assumed was Sehun’s secretary.

“Hello Miss Jinah, I am Seo Soowon, Mr. Oh’s secretary.” The male bowed, causing Jinah to bow back. 

“Just Jinah is fine” said Jinah not use to having the miss title. 

“Neh, Mr. Oh is waiting for you” said Soowon pointing to a door at the end of the hall way. 

“Thank you” said Jinah giving him a small smile before bowing to the male and made her way down the hall. 

Suddenly a head popped out from a door startling Jinah.

“What the f-“

“Hi MeiMei!” Said Yixing cheerfully waving to the younger girl who had her hand over her chest.

“Oppa!” Said Jinah reading the label on his door. “I didn’t know you were Sehun’s vice president!”

“hehe surprise!” Said Yixing cheerfully, dimples displaying proudly on his cheeks. “Are you here to see Sehun?”

Jinah nodded with a smile. “He asked me to come this morning.”

“Who took you?” Asked Yixing with his head slightly tilted to the side. Last time he checked, Jinah didn’t have a car. 

“Byun freaking Baekhyun” muttered Jinah. “Never asking him for a ride ever again…”

“Yea, his driving is…pretty…wild…” said Yixing scratching his head. “Well, I have some work to do and I’m sure Sehun’s getting anxious with you taking such long time to get to him.”

“See you later oppa!” Jinah waved at the male as he closed the door. Jinah walked to the door at the end of the hallways. She gave it a little knock before pushing it open and sticking her head in. 

Sehun’s lifted his head from his papers and immediately broke out into a grin. He got up and immediately pulled his mate to his chest, breathing in her scent.

“I missed you” muttered Sehun with his head buried in her hair. 

“We saw each other a couple of hours ago” grinned Jinah circling her arms to wrap them around his neck. “But I missed you too”

“I’m so sorry, I forgot to tell my receptionist that you were coming…” said Sehun apologetically. “but she didn’t have to be so rude to you about it”

“It’s fine, really” said Jinah patting her boyfriend on the back. “She was just doing her job”

He pulled away and gave her a look which was full of slight anger and determination.

“She was being such a towards you” he said. Jinah immediately knew what he was thinking about.

“Don’t you dare fire her” warned Jinah. “She probably has a family to feed and bills to pay off”

Sehun sighed as he kept his arms wrapped around his mate. 

“Why are you so nice?” Muttered Sehun. 

“Because” replied Jinah. 

“Because?” Repeated Sehun tilting his head to the side.

“Because you big baby, I like to be nice sometimes and not some scary boss that terrifies his workers” said Jinah tapping Sehun’s chest before pulling out of his embrace.

“Pft, I’m not that scary” scoffed Sehun. 

“She looked so terrified talking to you” said Jinah remembering the look the receptionist had on her face.

Sehun just simple shrugged. “I don’t think I’m scary at all!”

Jinah scoffed in reply. 

“But I’ll have to say Mr. Oh, I’m impressed” said Jinah trailing her finger along his desk. 

“Good, the company was founded just to impress you” said Sehun winking at his mate who slapped his shoulder.

“Yea and such a big company is being led by such a big baby…” Jinah said teasing her boyfriend.

“You take that back!” Sehun quickly scooped Jinah into his arms tickling her. 

“AHAHAHA STOP- STOP! You know I’m ticklish!” Giggled Jinah in his arms. Right then and there, the two heard a knock on the door.

In came a man holding a bunch of papers. He looked up to see his boss’s arms wrapped around a girl who was laughing. 

“er…”

“What do you want?” Asked Sehun monotonously. 

Jinah slapped Sehun on the shoulder giving him a glare and whispered, “Be nice.”

“I have the documents you asked me to bring you sir…” said the man still appalled at the scene in front of him.

Sehun sighed knowing the effect Jinah had on him. “Put them on my desk”

“Yes sir.” Said the man coming back to his senses as he quickly put the documents on Sehun’s table and ran out, closing the door behind him, not wanting to anger his boss. 

“See, I told you you were scary” said Jinah untangling herself from her boyfriend.

Sehun shrugged in reply trying to feign innocence. 

“Are you hungry?” Asked Sehun looking at the time  before grabbing his suit jacket from the back of his seat and his phone.

“No…” said Jinah. However her words contradicted her actions as her stomach let out a loud growl.

Sehun let out a loud chuckle, taking Jinah’s hand in his.

“Let’s go grab lunch”