026

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Hello! Sorry for another author's note but yay early update today! Thank you guys so much for the comments to my question yesterday as I will be taking them into consideration and to the lovely comments in general! I was wondering if you guys would like it if I actually started another story... I already started writing quite a bit of it in addition to regularly updating this story. Let me know how you feel in the comments and thank you again for the love and support for my story! Please upvote and comment <3

Enjoy the chapter ( ya'll in for some laptop chucking and screaming)~

xoxo

-----

Jinah quickly slipped on a white off shoulder dress that had sleeves that stopped mid arm. Her hair flowed in natural waves down her back and her makeup was kept light and natural. 

A knock broke Jinah out from her thoughts, and thinking that Sehun was on the other side of the door slightly excited her. 

“Coming!” Said Jinah, slipping on a pair of heels to compliment her white dress. She grabbed her wallet and phone before heading to the door.

Sehun stood on the other side of the door in a white dress shirt, tucked in a pair of black ripped jeans. That morning and afternoon was filled with countless meetings with investments and drink making due to the convention. Although slightly exhausted, both their hearts were nervous and excited for their date.

“You look beautiful” said Sehun smiling. His mate stood gorgeous in front of him and smiled back. 

“You don’t look too bad yourself” replied Jinah. 

“Shall we go?” Asked Sehun.

“We shall” answered Jinah slightly curtsying. It seemed like that was the proper gesture to perform in their fancy clothes. 

Sehun lightly chuckled as he led the way to the elevator and to the restaurant he had reserved that morning. 

Sehun led her past the pool area towards the beach, where there was a restaurant by the beach that allowed a view of the sea. Sehun wasn’t going to lie but he had researched a couple of things about courting and dating in the human world.

“Reservation?” Asked the waiter.

“Under Oh Sehun” replied Sehun. 

“Please come this way Mr. Oh” said the waiter leading the two to their seats. They were led outside under an umbrella, allowing them to look out at the beach. 

Sehun pulled out the chair for Jinah which she gracefully took, giving Sehun an impressed look.

“What a gentleman” grinned Jinah with her eyebrows raised.

“Did you think I wasn’t one?” Scoffed Sehun, as the waiter handed them each a menu. 

“Would you like to start off with something to drink?” The waiter asked.

“Just ice water will be fine” said Jinah. 

The waiter nodded before turning to look at Sehun. 

“And you sir?” He asked.

“The same” Sehun said. The waiter left to get the water, leaving Jinah and Sehun alone. Sehun already knew what he had wanted since he had been to the restaurant before. He peeked above his menu to glance at his mate. Jinah had her eyebrows furrowed as she looked through the menu. Ever since she was little, she liked menus with pictures, however this restaurant’s menu had none, making her confused at what to get.

“Do you know what you want?” Asked Sehun.

“I…there’s no pictures” stated Jinah looking up at Sehun. He had not expected this answer from his little mate.

“Pictures?” Sehun asked.

Jinah nodded. “This is too complicated…Like what is a rillette, or a pappardelle?”

Sehun chuckled at his cute mate. “How about I order for you?”

“Yes please” grinned Jinah looking happy again at the thought of Sehun’s help with ordering. Sehun had ordered a simple steak for Jinah with mashed potatoes and veggies on the side. 

The dinner went by pleasantly as Sehun asked Jinah about herself, bringing up Mark and her life back in LA.

“How do you know Mark hyung?” Asked Sehun cutting up the steak on his plate. He took his plate and switched it with his mate’s, making it easier for her to eat even though she knew how to cut it. 

“Thank you” said Jinah shyly. “He was my best friend back in LA. He moved like 5 years ago so I lost contact with him…”

“I see, then why did you decide to come here?” Asked Sehun this time cautiously.

Jinah paused as she chew on the piece of meet, enchanted at how tender and flavorful the steak was. She thought about how to answer his question, before deciding to just give him honest answers. She felt that she could trust him, hearing a voice in side her head telling her it was okay.

“I left because of some people who thinks its okay to bully and play with an innocent person’s heart” said Jinah giving Sehun a small smile before taking a bite of the steak. 

Sehun was left speechless. Even thought she didn’t go into much detail, the thought of someone hurting his mate made him angry. His fists tightened around his fork and knife, eyes unknowingly flashing yellow.

“But I’m okay now…because if I didn’t leave, I wouldn’t have met all these amazing people” continued Jinah. “Especially you.”

Her words alone calmed him down and the rest of the dinner was pleasant except for a slight heavy atmosphere which Sehun tried to ignore. 

After dinner, the two went on a walk on the side walk besides the beach. She climbed onto the small wall between the sand and the side walk, hoping that gravity was being nice to her that night. Jinah stretched arms, feeling the cool breeze brush past her skin and smiled.

“Ah, this feels amazing” said Jinah holding both her hands out to keep her balance. 

“Doesn’t it?” Asked Sehun. 

“It’s so beautiful too” muttered Jinah turning her head to look at the scene. The sun was almost setting in the horizon which created a a gradient pink mixed with yellow and blue, making the atmosphere feel almost magical.

Eyes glued on the sunset, Jinah had not noticed that the wall had ended in front of her and missed the step, making her lose balance and tumble off. With his fast reflexes, Sehun skillfully caught Jinah in his arms and pulled her close to his chest. Eyes still closed, Jinah realized that she did not hit the hard ground nor did she hit the grainy sand. Opening her eyes, Jinah’s eyes were met with a pair of deep brown eyes.

“You’re always in my arms” whispered Sehun looking into her eyes. He carefully set her down onto the ground but kept his arm around her waist. “And it should always be this way…”

Jinah’s eyes widened as she felt his hold tighten around her waist. 

“Lee Jinah, I like you” said Sehun softly. Inside, his heart was thumping like crazy making him wonder if the whole mating thing was this nerve wrecking. 

“I…I like you too” whispered Jinah feeling shy about both the sudden confession and confessing herself. 

Sehun’s heart felt a lot lighter as he spun Jinah around in his arms, making her giggle. The two stared at each other before Sehun leaned in, lips fitting perfectly together. Their lips moved in synchronization as the two kissed in front of the sunset. They both pulled away at the same time to catch their breath before Sehun asked the question.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Jinah thought back to the day she had first met him, to the day he had saved her from the drunkard and from the rain. And to the sweet words he would direct at her and how caring he was.

Sehun’s heart sank when he didn’t hear a reply. However, he breathed a sigh and a smile erupted on his face when he heard the word he’s been wanting to hear.

“Yes”

-----

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and Baekhyun dropped his duffle bag to his feet when they spotted Jinah enter the lobby hand in hand with Sehun’s. It was the day they were leaving the conference and the days they had spent in Busan were magical for Sehun and Jinah, filled with stolen kisses and shy touches. The atmosphere was even better after they had beat Jinki and his crew to gaining more investors. 

Wearing his signature box smile, Baekhyun gestured excitedly for the others to look in their direction. One by one heads turned as cheers immediately erupted from the large group.

“Finally!”

“I’m so happy for you two!”

“Does that mean she knows about wo-“

“Taehyung!”

“oh so she doesn’t…”

“No sherlock!”

“Aw man, another couple…?”

“tsk, you’re just jealous you don’t have a ma-, I mean girlfriend”

 Mark ran over to his best friend and engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.

“I’m so proud of you” he muttered into her hair. “I know it’s hard for you to trust people, but Sehun is a good guy.”

“I know, thank you” Jinah answered smiling and buried her nose into his shirt. Mark release Jinah from the hug as soon as he heard a throat clearing behind them.

“I will hurt you if you hurt my Jinah” Mark said laced with fake anger and glare knowing that as her mate, Sehun would never hurt her. Jinah laughed at her best friend’s behavior and patted his back before returning to Sehun’s side who immediately wrapped his arm around her.

“I’ll see you soon” winked Mark as he walked back to his friends, who all bid goodbye to Bangtan and Exo, along with Jinah. 

“Bye Nana it was nice meeting you!” Said Jaebum, bringing the girl into a hug. One by one all 7 of them surrounded Jinah, crushing her in a group hug.

“Remember Nana, if it doesn’t work between the two of you, there’s always me!” Joked Jackson, totally deserving the deadly glare Sehun shot at him.

“Me too!” Chirped Bam Bam winking at Jinah who nodded, teasing the glaring male next to her.

“Are you seriously considering it?” Asked Sehun looking down at Jinah appalled.

“I’ll see you guys soon” said Jinah waving at the 7 rowdy boys as they left and ignoring Sehun.

“Are you really?” Asked Sehun again when she didn’t reply, this time pouting.

“No you big baby”

Even if there were 7 less of them in the group now, Jinah and Sehun was still bombarded with loud cheers and screams.

This was the officially the happiest Jinah had been in forever, making a bunch of new friends who were now like her family, reuniting with her best friend, and gaining a new love.