002

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Lee Jinah sped through the town, running as if her life depended on it. It was just a week ago where she had said goodbye to her family in the U.S and moved to this small quiet town.

She had found a small apartment in the dark outskirts of town and after 2 days of failing to search for a job, a small bar across town fortunately had provided Jinah a job.

-flashback-

“I’m sorry, we’re not looking for a new employee”

“We’re not hiring sorry”

Rejection after rejection.

Dejected, Jinah took a seat on the curb in front of a flashy looking building. Looking down at the ground, Jinah’s began filling up with tears as she thought back to her tearful goodbye with her family in U.S.

She had always wanted to escape the place she called ‘home’. She loved being with her family, however life outside her home was not anything she expected.

She was always singled out for her cold personality and when she learned to trust someone, they betrayed her, except for her only best friend back at home, Bae Ara.

Lost in her thoughts, she hadn’t realized that someone had taken a seat right next to the her.

“What’s a pretty girl like you sitting on the curb crying?” Asked the man.

Jinah quickly wiped her tears away and turned to look towards the voice, only to see a handsome young man with a kind smile.

“N-nothing” said Jinah. “Who are you?”

“I’m Jungkook” he said. “I’ve never seen you around town. Are you new around here?”

“Yes I am” said Jinah, with her guard still up. “I moved here two days ago.”

“Really? From where?” Asked the intrigued man. It wasn’t everyday where a newcomer would move into the sort of isolated town.

Jinah thought for a moment before hesitantly answering. It wouldn’t be bad to make a few friends in a place she would be staying for a while.

“the states”

“For real?” Asked Jungkook surprised. “Why’d you leave the such a cool place to come to a small boring town like this one?”

“I guess I wanted a change” replied Jinah shrugging.

“Well welcome I guess” said Jungkook before letting his questions take over again.”Why are you sitting on the curb alone?”

“I was looking for a job, but I got rejected from all of them…I guess no one was hiring..” said Jinah with a sigh wondering if she could trust the stranger sitting right next to her.

“I see” said Jungkook thinking.

“Why are you accompanying a strange girl who’s sitting on the curb alone?” Asked Jinah using the same sentence structure Jungkook had used.

Jungkook grinned at the girl’s wit before replying, “Looked like you needed someone to talk to”

“I see” said Jinah.

“And I work here” said Jungkook pointing at the flashy building behind them.

Silence fell upon the two before Jungkook lit up like a lightbulb. “Hey… you know English right?”

“um… yes I do, it was my first language..” Replied Jinah suspiciously.

“Great! I have an idea, follow me!” Said Jungkook scrambling up on his feet before pulling Jinah up as if she weighed nothing.

“Hey! What are you-” said Jinah startled.

Before she could finish her sentence, he dragged her towards the unfamiliar building pushing through the doors shocking the surprised pack in the bar.

“Kook-ah who is this…?” Asked an intimating man with dark brown hair.

“Hyung, hire her” said Jungkook.

“What?” Said a bunch of voices including Jinah who looked wide eyes at Jungkook.

“She’s new in town and she speaks English” said Jungkook. “We need someone to speak to foreigners when they come to the bar”

“She’s the new girl? No one mentioned that she was cute” said a blonde guy smiling from ear to ear, making Jinah’s face redden.

“ah hyung…” muttered a couple of voices and a slap on the back of his head by the only girl in the room.

“Woah… chillchillchill” said the guy backing off.

“Jungkook you know we can’t… I mean we’re you know… you know what I mean!” Said a man with orange hair.

“I know but hyung…” said Jungkook dejected.

“It’s okay” said Jinah in a small voice, “I really appreciate the help though”

It was silent for a while before all the heads turned to the only girl in the room, as if it was planned.

“I mean…I don’t mind” said the girl shrugging. “We need another girl around here anyways. It’s as if its a sausage fest here.”

All the guys groaned and muttered quietly.

“We’re not that bad”

“We do need another girl in here…”

“I swear noona’s actually a man.”

“I mean we don’t even smell!”

“Well, Jinah, welcome to the crew!” said the leader like one.

“Thank you so much!” Said Jinah bowing.

“No no, thank you Nana, I can call you Nana right?” Said the girl walking towards Jinah before looping her arm around Jinah. “Thank you for saving me from these losers”

And for the first time that day, a smile formed on Jinah’s face.

-end of flashback-

“I’m… sorry…I’m…late” panted Jinah as she pushed through the doors to Club Bangtan (even though it was more like a bar than club).

The bar was owned by a pack called BTS. Multiple heads turned to face the panting girl as she tried to catch her breath.

“No worries Nana” said Kim Ji Ae, smiling at the younger girl, the only other female waitress at the bar and the older sister to Namjoon.

“Go on and change” said Seokjin.

“yes sir” said Jinah playfully saluting before walking towards the backroom. Taehyung patted Jinah’s head as she passed him.

She had grown quite close to the pack the past week, especially Jungkook, who she found out was the same age as her.

It was as if they were her new family.