019

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

“She can sleep in your room”

Sehun snapped out of his trance and turned to look at his alpha.

“Wait, what?” Whisper yelled Sehun with shock written all over his face. He took a peak at his sound asleep mate on his shoulder. 

“She’s your mate and you brought her here” said Joonmyeon shrugging. 

“Well I guess she could room with me instead” interjected Baekhyun purposely teasing the youngest as Chanyeol and Jongdae had hands over their mouths muffling their giggles.

“No.” Sehun quickly said glaring at the three wolves who were give each other high fives. 

“Well then, take care of her Hunnie” said Ji Ae. She walked over to Sehun, giving him a pinch on the cheek before following Joonmyeon out the living room.

Minseok walked over and gave Sehun a pat on the back just as Moonbyul followed in suit instead, giving him a wink. 

“Remember it’s not gentlemanly to do things to girls when they’re sleeping” Jongin gave his best friend a smile before running out of the room. 

“Use protection” teased Chanyeol with Baekhyun in a tug. 

“And don’t make too much noise. This house isn’t that noiseproof” said Jongdae with an arm around Yixing shoulders. Sehun gave each other them a glare. He flipped them off making them chuckle as they walked out of the room.

And soon Sehun was left still on the couch with Jinah’s head on his shoulders. He slowly moved from the couch, careful not to wake her up and picked her up bridal style. Not that he was counting, but it was the third time today he had carried her bridal style. 

His mate sure was something. 

----

Sehun gently placed Jinah on his bed and tucked her in. He checked the time and saw that it was almost 7 in the morning on Saturday. He knew he couldn’t possibly fall asleep with his mate right there, so he decided that it was best if he worked for a bit. 

He walked to his little office connected to his bedroom, leaving the doors open so he still had a view of his sleeping mate. Almost immediately, Sehun was engaged with his work, occasionally taking slight glances at his mate. 

It was 9 in the morning, almost 2 hours after he had started working. The sun was up high in the sky as sunlight bursted through his blinds and windows. Talking in hushed voices through phone calls with his secretary and team managers, he tried to make as little noise as possible in fear of waking up his mate. 

What he didn’t know was that Lee Jinah was a very heavy sleeper, which could be both a strength and a weakness. She could sleep through storms, earthquakes, and even her own mother’s nagging. 

Sehun slowly got up out of his chair and walked into the bedroom. He stopped in front of Jinah and bent down to look at his mate. 

She was faced towards the side of the bed with soft snores coming out of her nose. He brought his hand up and gently brushed her hair out of her face causing her to slightly shift in her sleep. 

Sehun quickly held his breath, hand still in midair. Jinah smacked her lips in her sleep just as her snores came back. Letting out a sigh, Sehun lowered his hand and smiled. 

He thanked the moon goddess in his head for a mate like Jinah. Even he himself had noticed the change in his attitude. Of course he didn’t think he was as bad as everyone had said in the past. 

However, more people were now willing to approach the notorious arrogant and rude CEO. And this was all because of one person he had met a little less than a month ago. 

Lee Jinah. 

Just saying her name made his wolf go crazy for her. But the problem now lies with telling her about his kind. He didn’t know how she would react and hoped she would accept him and the mating bond. 

Pushing his thoughts to the side, Sehun reached over Jinah and grabbed the pillow from the other side. He didn’t want to shock Jinah when she woke up by laying in the same bed as her. So being the gentleman that he was, Sehun decided to sleep on the ground besides her. 

He laid on the ground, fixing the pillow so he was comfortable, and turned his body to face his mate as he slowly began to be engulfed in darkness. 

-----

Jinah’s eyes fluttered open as sunshine filled the room. Staring at the ceiling, with her eyes still half open, she realized that she wasn’t in her room. Freaking out, she quickly pulled the covers up checking herself under the blanket, only to see that her clothes were still on her. 

Letting out a sigh, she looked around and to her relief, she was back in Sehun’s room. She must have fallen asleep during the movie, which meant Sehun had again, carried her upstairs. Feeling slightly bad for the male, she made a mental note to thank him. 

The first time she was in his room, she hadn’t realized it but his room smelled a lot like him. And she knew it sounded weird, but the boys smelled incredibly good, almost as if giving off a soothing and calming feeling.

She turned to her side to check the time.

One o’ clock.

Her head fell back against the soft pillow but soon sprang up again as she did a double take.

One o’ clock in the ing afternoon?!?!? 

Realization hit her as she shouted,“I’m ing late!” 

As she was about jump off the bed, she didn’t realize how tangled the sheets and her feet were. And with her feet caught in the sheets, she tripped and gravity began pulling her down. 

Sehun had tucked her in incredibly well.

Closing her eyes, she prepared her self for the hard impact, but instead she was greeted with a warm embrace and a soft groan that did not belong to her.

“Well isn’t this a surprise” groaned Sehun as he slowly opened his eyes. He hadn’t meant to sleep for this long, but his mate’s presence in the room caused him to unknowingly sleep around 4 hours. 

Jinah slightly opened her eyes only to be met with Sehun’s staring straight at her.

Confusion filled her face as she asked, “What are you doing down here?”

“I slept for a bit” answered Sehun. 

“I could’ve taken the floor instead…this is your room” muttered Jinah trying not to look the man in his eyes.

“A man doesn’t simply let a pretty girl sleep on the ground” replied Sehun. He felt her heart beat quicken and saw that red was rising to her cheeks. 

It was at that moment where Jinah had realized the position that they were in. She was laying on top of Sehun, her body fit perfectly over his as her curves fit perfectly with his muscles. 

Having her on top of him didn’t bother Sehun neither did it make him uncomfortable. In fact, his mate was literally going crazy at such an intimate position they were in.

“Oh, sorry!” Said Jinah as she quickly tried to push herself off of Sehun. However, Sehun didn’t allow that. He wrapped his arms around her waist keeping her locked in the position. “Wha-“

“Just stay here for a while…”muttered Sehun burying his face in her hair. 

“But, I’m late” replied Jinah trying to come up with an excuse to get up, her face burning up with shyness. Butterflies began tossing and turning in her stomach and the jittery feeling came back. 

“Late? It’s Saturday” said Sehun.

“Oh… right…” muttered Jinah realizing that she didn’t have work today. Soon, she felt her body relax against his making her wonder why she was so comfortable around him. 

Silence took over the two of them as only their breathing was heard throughout the room. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence but rather a calming and relaxing silence.

However, their silence was soon interrupted as the door bursted open. 

“Do you guys want- OH MY GOD MY EYES!”

“OH MY GOD, MY ING INNOCENT AND PRECIOUS EYES”

“What are you idiots screaming about? What are you-“

“What hap- OH , OH OH OH !”

Shocked by all the shouting, Jinah and Sehun turned their heads to look at the door before turning back around only to lock eyes.

Oh indeed.