018

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Jinah was dragged into the living room and pulled down onto the couch. Moonbyul and Ji Ae each took a seat next to her and turned their body to face Jinah creating a semi half circle.

Not knowing why she was dragged over, Jinah nervously set her hands onto her lap twiddling her fingers. The two girls continued to stare at the girl with a smile on their faces making Jinah squirm awkwardly.

“So… “ muttered Jinah breaking the silence.

“You and Sehun have been hanging out a lot lately?” Asked Ji Ae with a smirk on her face. 

“mmm I guess you could say that” replied Jinah still not getting what the conversation was about.

“She’s basically asking you if you have any feelings for him” said Moonbyul cutting straight to the point making Jinah’s eyes widen in shock.

“Well…” started Jinah not knowing how to answer the question.

“Well?” Said the two girls in unison as the brought their heads closer.

“I don’t know how to say this…” stated Jinah looking embarrassed. She brought her head down and started to whisper. “I don’t know why but when ever I’m around him, I feel sparks and a tingly feeling between us…and I’ve never felt this way before.”

“Awww!” Squealed the two girls knowing exactly what that spark was. 

“Do you like him?” Asked Moonbyul. She knew that with humans, they wouldn’t understand the whole mating idea until their wolves reveal it. And she could either take this easily or completely freak out. 

“I don’t know…” answered Jinah. 

“Well, just give him a chance. You owe him a date still right?” Asked Ji Ae giving the girl a wink.

“How do you know about that?” Asked Jinah trying to remember if she had told the girl. 

“Oh honey, we know everything” said Ji Ae patting the younger girl on the head. 

“What about you two?” Asked JInah looking at the two older girls. “How are you and your boyfriends?”

“Good of course! But my ma- I mean boyfriend just nags too much” said Moonbyul shaking her head.

“Joonmyeon is the king of nagging too…” muttered Ji Ae.

“Does nagging run in this group of friends???” Asked Jinah. “Sehun nags at the slightest things and I’ve known him for not even a month!”

“Right?!” Said Ji Ae and Moonbyul in unison. The three of them looked at one another and bursted into laughter.

“I stay with 3 other girls sometimes when I want a break from Minseok. They all have ma- I mean boyfriends too and the guys nag too” added Moonbyul giggling. “I guess it runs in this area…”

“Must be nice, living with a bunch of friends…” muttered Jinah giving the girls a small smile. 

Sensing a tinge of sadness in her voice, Moonbyul said, “I’ll introduce you! You can stay with us too!”

“Are you sure?” Asked Jinah.

“Of course! Even I sometimes go and crash at their place when I’m tired of Joonmyeon or the boys!” Added Ji Ae giving the girl a smile.

Jinah’s eyes lit with happiness and gave the girls a grateful smile. For the first time, she felt like she was actually welcomed.

“Want to see Sehun’s pictures when he was younger?” Asked Ji Ae as she got up to grab a photo album. 

“This was when Sehun was 5 and he was about to lose his first tooth.” Said Moonbyul pointing at the a picture in the album. “But Baekhyun accidentally kicked his jaw and the tooth just came popping out”

Jinah giggled at the photo of Sehun crying with a shocked looking Baekhyun who had picked up the tooth from the ground.

“And this was when he lost a bet and had to sit in a tub of full caramel” Ji Ae said, pointing at another photo.

“To be honest, I think he liked the punishment” added Moonbyul. A 9 year old Sehun was seen with a smile on his face with the rest standing behind him also wanting to bathe in sweets. 

As the conversation went on, it was filled with laughter and shouts.

-----

Meanwhile, a group of guys crowded around the kitchen counter looking off into the living room. 

“It’s been 30 minutes…” muttered Sehun looking at his mate and the two older girls talking enthusiastically.  

“They’re still talking?” Asked Baekhyun rubbing a towel on his hair. He had just taken a shower, washing away the whip cream Jongin had thrown on him. 

“What do you think?”sassed Chanyeol pointing at the group.

“Okay, I don’t need your sass Park Chanyeol” retorted Baekhyun throwing his towel at Chanyeol who shrieked and dodged it. Jongdae who was standing next to him blinked as the towel meant for Chanyeol landed on his head. 

“Disgusting.” Stated Jongdae throwing the towel back at Baekhyun returning an innocent smile. 

“Can we eat yet?” Asked Jongin who already had a full plate in his hands as he munched away.

Sehun turned to look at his best friend. “You’re already eating…”

“I knowdsfljlk butsh…canse weth jsut eatshslfj?” Asked Jongin again with his mouth full.

“What is this kid saying?” Asked Chanyeol tilting his head pointing at Jongin.

“Don’t know” said Sehun taking a piece of spam from Jongin’s plate and plopping it into his mouth. “Damn, I fried these up pretty well”

Sehun attempted to steal another one from Jongin.

“Mine” said Jongin bringing his plate of food towards his chest as if cuddling it. 

“You need to find your mate soon…” muttered Jongdae shaking his head just as Yixing walk into the room with a plate of his own food, happily munching on rice. Jongdae attempted to steal food from Yixing’s plate but only received a slap on the hand.

“Mine” Just like Jongin, Yixing had brought the plate to his chest in a hugging position. 

“You too…” muttered Jongdae before walking out of the room to get his own plate. 

“Kids shut up I’m trying to hear what they’re saying!”said Minseok turning his ear towards the group trying to listen on the conversation. 

The group quieted down just as the girls bursted into laughter. 

“What are they even saying to make them laugh like that?” muttered Sehun slightly worried at what the two older girls were saying. 

“Showing her your nudes” laughed Baekhyun pointing at the photo album in Jinah’s lap.

It was then Sehun noticed the photo album in his mate’s lap that was turned to the page  when he was younger and had gone skinny dipping in their pool. His ears turned red and he immediately started to shout. 

“Noona!”

-----

Breakfast went by casually with everyone praising at how good Jinah’s cooking skills were which Jinah humbly turned down claiming she hadn't done much.

Although she had briefly met the guys before, she hadn’t actually held an actual conversation with them all together. She found that everyone was warm and welcoming, causing her to slightly but slowly lower her guard, disclosing little bits and pieces of her life with them. 

She tried to brush past the topic of the people back at home besides her family and best friend, Bae Ara. Sensing something wasn’t right when they asked her about her past, the pack knew not to bring it up until she was ready.

“Let’s watch a movie” said Chanyeol patting his stomach. He turned towards Baekhyun who was sitting next to him.

“Don’t” warned the shorter male. Not taking the warning, Chanyeol let out a burp, right into Baekhyun’s face. “You little-“

Chanyeol gave his friend a grin before darting into the living room. Baekhyun got up from his seat and chased after the tall giant. 

Jinah giggled. “You guys are close aren’t you?”

“We’re just like family” answered Joonmyeon. “But since you’re here, a movie sounds like a good idea”

“Especially at 6AM in the morning!” said Yixing with a clueless smile on his face. Sometimes it was hard to tell if he was being sarcastic or not.

“Jongdae and Jongin wash the dishes” ordered Joonmyeon. 

Jongdae and Jongin let out groan but got up nonetheless.

“But whyyyyy” whined Jongdae. “There’s like a ton of them” He pointed at the piled up dishes at the sink and ones still left on the table. 

“The faster we get to them, the faster we can get them done” said Jongin patting Jongdae on the back causing the older male to glare at him. 

The rest of them left the dining room and headed over to the living room where Baekhyun and Chanyeol were arguing about what movie to watch. 

“Guardians of the Galaxy” Chanyeol argued.

“We watched that like 10 times already!” Retorted Baekhyun. “We haven’t watched Baby Driver yet!”

“Not even, it was more like 3 times” said Chanyeol correcting Baekhyun.

“Same thing!” Replied Baekhyun. The two continued to go back and forth with occasional remarks from the others speaking up. 

“Should I help with the dishes?” Asked Jinah turning to Sehun.

“why? They can handle it themselves” replied Sehun. “And besides you cooked”

“But I feel bad” said Jinah looking back at the kitchen to see Jongdae and Jongin still washing the dishes. 

“It’s fine, really” reassured Sehun. The two turned back to the rest of the pack and were met with shouting. 

By the time they had finally decided a movie, Jongdae and Jongin were already finished with the stack of dishes. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had compromised with watching Guardians of the Galaxy first followed by Baby Driver. 

“I never noticed how much we ate until now…” muttered Jongdae taking a seat on the ground next to Kyungsoo followed by Jongin who took a seat next to Yixing who was on the couch. Chanyeol and Baekhyun rested their backs against Jongin and Yixing’s legs.

Each of the two couples were snuggled on the single chair couches leaving Sehun and Jinah to the other side of the couch. Jinah took a seat at the end followed by Sehun who plopped down next to her. 

“Stop that” whispered Jinah feeling Sehun’s stare on her. As soon as the lights had dimmed and the movie had started, Sehun had stared at his mate thinking she was too emerged in the movie to know. 

“Stop what” replied Sehun raising an eyebrow. 

“Stop staring at me” Jinah whispered, heat rising to her cheeks. 

“Pft, I’m not” scoffed Sehun turning to look at the movie.

“You are!” Argued Jinah eyes still on the screen. She huffed and crossed her arms. His lips gave out to a small smile as he gazed at his mate who’s lips were curled into a cute pout from his peripheral vision. 

Jongin, eavesdropping the whole conversation, turned to look at his best friend. Letting a grin, he was truly happy for Sehun who seemed a lot less stressed and happier since he had met Jinah. 

It had been years since he last saw Sehun actually hang out with them; most of the time, Sehun was locked away in his office working. Being a CEO at such a young age, Sehun barely had time to relax. Even though all of them either owned a company or worked as higher ups in one another’s firms, Sehun was the busiest of all. 

He was glad that Sehun had finally met his mate and made a mental note to thank Jinah when she finds out about them, that is if she accepts everything, which he dearly hoped that she would. 

As the movie went on, all of Jinah’s exhaustion came rushing back into her system. Her eyes began to slowly droop as her head began to bob from side to side, front to back. 

Shaking her head, she tried to wake herself up which obviously had not done any justice. Sleep crawled into her system once again and within seconds, Jinah had fallen asleep.

Sehun felt small weight on him and slightly turned to see Jinah asleep with her head on his shoulder.

His mate had fallen asleep on him.