013

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N 1000+ subscribers and almost 70 upvotes!!! Totally unexpected and surprised!! I could've never imagined to actually have such good reviews on something that I actually wrote. Thank you guys so much <3 I love reading all your comments because they keep me wanting to post more often :) I love you all and enjoy the chapter! (possibly another update soon!)

xoxo

-----

The wind blew rather harshly, causing Jinah’s long hair to flutter in the air. 

It was almost winter and everyday was getting colder and colder. Jinah was only wearing a thin blouse and leggings, causing her to slightly shiver in the cold. 

Sensing her shivers, Sehun took off his coat and placed it onto Jinah’s shoulders. 

“Thanks” muttered Jinah slipping her hands through the jacket sleeves, hugging the jacket to her body. “Are you not cold?”

The jacket was a lot bigger than Jinah’s small frame and to Sehun he finally understood what men meant when they said they loved seeing their significant other wear their clothes.

“Not really” said Sehun giving Jinah a small smile. “You seem to need it more than me”

The two walked in silence, hands slightly brushing against one another once in a while. To Sehun, his wolf purred in delight every time they touched, and to Jinah, her heart skipped a beat and a tingly sensation built up in her stomach.

“You didn’t have to walk me home” said Jinah quietly. “It’s not that long of a walk.”

“We wouldn’t want the same thing happening to you again would we?” Replied Sehun. “How are you feeling?”

“Shouldn’t I be asking you? You were more injured than me” said Jinah looking at the taller male beside her. Jinah saw that her yellow Pororo bandaid was still on his cheek and chuckled at the thought that he might have worn it to work. 

And the almighty CEO of Oh Enterprise did go to work with a yellow Pororo bandaid on his face. Wouldn’t that have been the talk of the company? 

Well it indeed was. When Sehun had arrived to work that day, instead of greeting everyone with a scowl on his face, he had a tiny minute smile on his face that made many wonder if the world was ending. 

It was the first time in years he had not lost his temper at anyone and every time someone had a talk with him, they could not help but to look at his bandaid.

“It’s almost healed thanks to Pororo’s powers” said Sehun tapping his bandaid. “So, what were saying about who I thought I was?”

And so there was that dreaded question. One thing Jinah hated was the idea of confrontation and being told what to do because the girl had to admit, she herself was very stubborn.

Not wanting to back off, Jinah stood on her ground and said,” Don’t you think it was kind of extra to tell them not to let me work?”

“Nope” said Sehun popping the ‘P’ at the end of ‘nope’. Sehun saw that Jinah had given him the side eye in his peripheral vision. “Because you were injured.”

“Injured?” Repeated Jinah scoffing. “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“I’m not wrong am I?”asked Sehun turning to look art the fuming girl. 

“It was only a couple of bruises from that guy’s grip!” Argued Jinah. 

“No biggie?” It was Sehun’s turn to scoff. “If I didn’t get there in time, what do you think would’ve happened!”

“But you did didn’t you Sehun?” Said Jinah making sure her point was emphasized.

“Oppa” was the only thing Sehun had said.

“What?” Asked Jinah confused at the sudden change of topic. Turning into her apartment complex, she and Sehun continued to walk side by side into the building.

“I’m older than you am I not?” Asked Sehun. 

“Argh!” Shouted Jinah in frustration making Sehun chuckle. “You are being so difficult Sehun oppa” Jinah purposely mimicked the word think she would irk the guy, but all that did was bring him satisfaction.

“And you don’t even know how dangerous that guy was” said Sehun as they walked up the stairs.

“And you do?” Asked Jinah peering at the taller male from the corner of her eye. 

“Now you’re being difficult Nana” mimicked Sehun back at the girl. 

“Because!” Jinah stopped as she couldn’t think of anything to combat his words. Crossing her arms, Jinah sighed in defeat. “You win…” 

Sehun smiled in victory but added, “I won’t tell you what you can or cannot do now”

“Really?” Jinah’s eyes brightened up at the those words. At that moment, Sehun and Jinah had arrived in front of her apartment door.

“In one condition” said Sehun as he held up the number one with his finger. 

“What?” Jinah wondered what his condition would be.

“Go on a date with me” said Sehun.

Jinah’s eyes widened at the mention of a date. Noticing that Jinah had not said a word, Sehun continued. 

“Is that a promise?” Asked Sehun sticking out his pinky finger.

“…yes it is” said Jinah shyly taking his finger.

“Stamp it” said Sehun childishly making Jinah giggle. Sehun refused to let her hand go until she stamped the promise. She stamped the promise with her thumb and let go of his hand, still feeling the flutters in her stomach from their touch. 

“So I guess good night” said Jinah softly.

“hold on” said Sehun reaching his hand out. He took his phone out and gave it to Jinah. “Give me your phone.”

“Huh?” Said Jinah as they exchanged phones. 

“Phone number” said Sehun as he started to type it out.

“oh” said Jinah quickly following in suit. Once they finished exchanging numbers Jinah bid goodbye to the man and turned around, unlocking her apartment door.

“Wait!” Shouted Jinah turning back around, realizing she had forgotten to give Sehun back his jacket she was still wearing. She shrugged off the jacket and handed it back to Sehun. “I almost forgot”

“Oh right thanks” said Sehun scratching his head. “Good night again”

“Good night!” chirped Jinah. 

“I’ll see you tomorrow” said Sehun giving Jinah a wink, which made her blush. 

“What do you mean?” Asked Jinah. 

“You’ll see” said Sehun. “Good night.”

Jinah and Sehun bid one another goodbye once again and finally headed their separate ways. 

Outside, Sehun waited until he heard Jinah’s door close with a click and headed down the stairs. Smiling widely, Sehun fist bumped the air. 

yes!

As Sehun headed back to the pack house, he couldn’t help but smile as he pictured the two of them on a date. 

On the other hand, once her apartment door closed with a click, Jinah slid down and sat in a crouched position. 

She put her hand on her chest and felt her heart pounding in her chest. Taking a deep breath, Jinah tried calming her thumping heart. Not realizing she was smiling, Jinah thought back to the tall handsome man she had merely met a week ago. 

Maybe it wasn’t so bad to be falling.